You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

jr1092

Avalanche in D Minor
Reaction score
Saw this show tonight in Philly. They were spot on. Met them at their merch table and they are really great guys to talk to. After they played I saw at least 5 people around me go and buy their album. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Janicois

Give me the SHRED!
Reaction score
I was shooting the breeze with those guys at the merch stand as well after PTH last night. Really cool dudes. Awesome show.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
lawl nice I was there too, I was the dude in the blueish-whitish checkered shirt with rly long ass hair who didn't look very metal at all.

Its always fun having friends etc who haven't heard of a band as awesome as tesseract experience them live as a first introduction. They were enlightened to the awesome.

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
:bump: For seeing them on the last day of the tour!

TesseracT were awesome, so awesome in fact that they broke one of the vocal mics! :lol:
But they played a relatively short set due to those technical issues. I don't think I've ever seen a band who play live so well, they were so tight. Protest was awesome as expected as well, Singer was quite drunk and made humorous comments throughout the set. You could tell they were enjoying themselves. Chatted with the TesseracT guys after the show, bought a sick T-shirt. Overall had a great time. :cheers: to all the bands on that tour, great lineup!

jr1092

Avalanche in D Minor
Reaction score
I saw them in Philadelphia. There was a lot of positive reviews about TesseracT playing. I saw a couple of people around me leave after they played just to get their CD. I ended up talking with them a little at their merch table. Great guys. These are the only pics I got from the show. I had pretty good seats, but my cell phone makes everything look further away.

TesseracT
0504112009.jpg

Protest The Hero
0504112156.jpg

jr1092

Avalanche in D Minor
Reaction score
sitting at a metal show? what has the world come to?

When I mean seats I mean standing area. That venue has a 21+ area which does have seats (and 2 bars) but most of the people are standing.

Sikthness

Reaction score
I'm not skeptical. The "djent" sound of the last year or so (which I'm assuming is exemplified by Periphery and Tesseract's albums) is absolutely horrible. Both albums were a huge step back from what they were doing before... every version of Icarus Lives preceding the album sounds better (vocals aside) and the original mix of Concealing Fate I got a few years ago was ten thousand times better than the one on the EP and album.

I agree with this 100%. Tesseract is boring. They have some great moments and I see how people could like them, but when I listen I feel like I travelled back in time to 2007 when every basement band was trying to "djent". Periphery is awesome, but I always loved their drop C songs better than their 7 string songs. They are so much more creative, and have an energy to them. Tesseract definately has the potential to be great, but they took so long to complete their debut that djent has already become oversaturated.

xtonymarsx

Reaction score
I got to see Maylene and Protest a couple of weeks ago in Baltimore. I missed seeing TesseracT because the show was sold out. Acle and James got me on their guest list, but I didn't make it in time to see them again...which sucked, but the show was still really good.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
just saw that Tesseract is doing a three song acoustic set for metal injection. very much looking forward to that.

Zei

Reaction score
just saw that Tesseract is doing a three song acoustic set for metal injection. very much looking forward to that.

That'll be awesome. Someone needs to post when they get it.

I think moving away from djent would be a good thin for TesseracT. It'll become that thing they always have, but don't use it all the time..

Saw them in April with PtH. Wonderful show, just fantastic. TesseracT is probably the tightest band I've EVER seen play and PtH played everything perfect.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
I really want to get into these guys, my drummer likes them quite a bit, but I was just horribly bored hearing/watching it. The only thing that caught my interest was the bass player and drummer.

Greatoliver

Looking to windward
Reaction score
I like this... You can really hear how important the bass is, as the sound isn't that amazingly different... The addition of distorted guitar changes a lot, of course, but not as much as I thought it would

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
I really think they should consider releasing more acoustic stuff like this along with the stuff they do right now, this is seriously amazing :yesway:

')