You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

Repner

Reaction score
Hollow I believe was what they used to open their live show, then they decided to make it a bit longer and add vocals. I feel if you put Hollow as the opening track on One, the album is just a bit more epic.

Eden for Metal song of the year.
That's what I had to do as well. I originally had it at the end, but it works even better as an intro

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ManBeast

Reaction score
got mine today!

liking it so far. but some of the tracks feel like there was some magic touch they forgot to apply to the guitars. almost like placeholder "through a little solid state practice amp" sound. beginning of Sunrise is a good example.

i can't decide if April or Eden are my favorites. Hollow sounds so bad ass but i have a bad feeling that their next album won't be very heavy at all. if it IS though, Hollow is definitely a good proggy thrashy mood that i'd love to hear more of.

I ripped the DVD to mp3 format to listen in my car and when focusing on the music and you can tell why they had to take some of the balls off the guitars. There's just too many levels when listening to it live that every note doesn't come through unfortunately.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
I think a good concept for the next album could be to try and not start songs with clean guitars and delay.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I think a good concept for the next album could be to try and not start songs with clean guitars and delay.

Write your own songs and do that. It's their music, their album they can do whatever they enjoy. I know, it's hard to grasp. :nuts:

Got the album the other day too, loving it. As people have said, Eden is damn great but I can't say one song stands out in particular. They are all great.
Now to get watching the DVD, had no time yet

tremby

Reaction score
I got the One CD the other day. I'm in the UK and got the one with the DVD. It seems to be defective -- there are little gaps between each of the Concealing Fate tracks. (Yes, the disc is clean, and no, the gaps aren't added as an effect of ripping the CD -- I can hear them when playing with a normal CD player.) Anyone else noticing this?

The gaps don't appear on my Concealing Fate EP.

Here's a little Flac of the first gap (I'm sure the band wouldn't mind since it's only a 3 second clip) -- http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/bjn/dump/one/3-4.flac

Same on your CD?

Zoomed in screenshot of the first gap:
3-4.png

pineappleman

Why can I not sleep?
Reaction score
Idk but my Images and Words CD does something similar, it just cuts off the end of the first track! WTF is that??

tremby

Reaction score
OK, good to know, thanks. How about anyone with the UK CD/DVD release? (Barcode 5051099804388)

Fred

Reaction score
I've got exactly the same release as you, and it does exactly the same thing. Doesn't hugely bother me, personally, but just to confirm that it's not just you!

fps

Kit
Reaction score
But is the album good? I'm interested in these guys, appears they have an interesting vision, but I don't preview music in order to buy.

Doug N

Reaction score
Gotta give this a little mini-bump - I watched the DVD for the first time today and it is killer. Really nice bonus, nicely shot, and great sounding.

Valknut

Banned
Reaction score
Idk but my Images and Words CD does something similar, it just cuts off the end of the first track! WTF is that??

That was the hardest i've laughed in fucking ages dude. ohhhh fuck thats hilarious. haha DUNDUNDUN DUN DU-- .... (Another day starts playing)

But man thread starter, you had me scared for a minute there. When you said defective I thought the CD just flat out didn't work. That would be a catastrophe. lol.

Repner

Reaction score
That was the hardest i've laughed in fucking ages dude. ohhhh fuck thats hilarious. haha DUNDUNDUN DUN DU-- .... (Another day starts playing)

I think that got everyone off guard when they first heard it :lol:

The song intentionally cuts off like that, because part of the song deals with how sudden death can be. The sudden ending of the song is just like an unexpected death of a person.

Another explanation is that it was inspired by The Beatles' Abbey Road side A ending, and MP explains that the melodies are building up and it just "pulls the carpet out from under you".

Luuk

Reaction score
But is the album good? I'm interested in these guys, appears they have an interesting vision, but I don't preview music in order to buy.

Why not? That's what you can use youtube etc for right..

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Yeah I just checked out the dvd last night. I swear I watched "Origin" like 10 times it blew me away. Just incredible!

')