You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I'm not skeptical. The "djent" sound of the last year or so (which I'm assuming is exemplified by Periphery and Tesseract's albums) is absolutely horrible. Both albums were a huge step back from what they were doing before... every version of Icarus Lives preceding the album sounds better (vocals aside) and the original mix of Concealing Fate I got a few years ago was ten thousand times better than the one on the EP and album.

I received a "masters of djent" sampler with Metal Hammer this month. The production is horrid, it's like home computer recording has become the norm. The tone and style of the riffs really isn't for me either, a lot of the bands on it should hand over any money they earn directly to Meshuggah cos there's not a lot happening except their riffs being stolen by less capable hands.

I'd like metal to become fun again. Tesseract sound as if they have potential however. I think a move away from the more obvious "djent" styling might do them good, I think I prefer their quieter more melodic moments by far in any case.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jango

Reaction score
I'm very torn as to whether to go to the Chicago date end of April or not. On one hand, I've wanted to see PtH forever, and I've wanted to see Tesseract for a while now, but it's also a 3 hour drive or so, plus money's pretty short. So we'll see...

Treeunit212

Not your bro, bro.
Reaction score
Funny story...

My mom walks into my room so I can show her my new studio monitors. I play Lament for her and she exclaims "That sounds like a Celtic influence!".

AT FIRST, I laughed and told her she was dumb. But then I started thinking about how they're from the U.K. and it actually kind of makes sense...

:idea:

Oh and she mistook the vocalist for a girl. :lol:

pineappleman

Why can I not sleep?
Reaction score
Holy shit, Dan is just as amazing live as in the studio. That is seriously fucking amazing. I can't even think of another vocalist whose live performance is so close to their studio performance. Can't wait to get my vocal lesson from that man on the 26th. :cool:

Opeth666

Reaction score
Holy shit, Dan is just as amazing live as in the studio. That is seriously fucking amazing. I can't even think of another vocalist whose live performance is so close to their studio performance. Can't wait to get my vocal lesson from that man on the 26th. :cool:

Mikael Akerfeldt.

but yes that is some sick footage

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
This is totally pumping me up for when I see them on Saturday in Atlanta. Anyone else going to that show?

Elijah

Reaction score
Yea, Daniel is fantastic live. I saw them a while back when they first came to the states. Stellar performance

Blind Theory

Reaction score

Anthony Notarmaso

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
this sounds way more energetic and better to me than when I listen to their recorded music. The vocals too, they sound overproduced on the album to me and this guy really doesn't need it, he's a monster.

NSXTypeZero

Reaction score
Seeing them live in Chicago a few months ago was nearly a religious experience. Definitely one of the best metal bands I've ever seen in front of me.

Wow, Eden is probably their best song and he KILLED it.

tremby

Reaction score
I just got my replacement and it has the same thing. :(

So what I've done is burnt myself a One CD for the car with the Concealing Fate songs from the EP so they don't have the little gaps. They're the exact same versions as far as I can tell, anyway, so I guess it'll have to do.

')