You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Daaahhhh me gusta. I'm even more pumped now.

EDIT:
reminded me of a more djenty, slightly downtempo Dead Letter Circus. Should be sweet.

guitar tone still blows though

U srs? I actually love their guitar tone, as well as their bass tone. What don't you like about it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Timelesseer

Reaction score
Beyond stoked for this album. Nocturne blew me away when they released it and the teaser sounds awesome. I hope they still have the heavier parts though, even without the screams.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Just heard the teaser....oh my that first bit is tasty with the way the drums enter. They need to make sure to hold onto their rhythm section as Jay and Amos seem to play off each other so well.

TIMEwaveXERO

Reaction score
fuck! so atmospheric! i love it. and yeah... it totally has a karnivool vibe to it and hey... since karnivool is the best band to face this planet, i'm more than fine with it
Who should also be releasing a new album later this year hopefully! Pretty sure they recording now.

Love the teaser.!!

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Haven't listened to the first teaser since the day it came out and will resist listening to others, I want this album to fresh when it arrives on my doormat :D

I absolutely ruined Periphery II for myself by listening to way to much teasers before release, and I won't let that happen again.

MarkPopkie

Reaction score
absolutely fucking incredible... brilliant arrangement... superbly creative vocals... i would gnaw off my arm to have this album in my possession right now.

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
:scream:

Someone in the youtube comments said it reminded them of TOOL. Very cool comparison...

I can't wait for this! The first clip was amazing too!

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Daaahhhh me gusta. I'm even more pumped now.

EDIT:

U srs? I actually love their guitar tone, as well as their bass tone. What don't you like about it?

The new teaser sounded better than the first one but it is so digital, flat and sterile. Not that you have to use real tubes on a recording.. it certainly helps. I thought both their guitar tone & bass sounded infinitely worse on the debut than on the old Concealing Fate demos and iirc those old demos were pod tones as well but still more lively and thick than the new stuff. On the flip side, the sound translates almost perfectly to their live show, where it sounds much better.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Haven't listened to the first teaser since the day it came out and will resist listening to others, I want this album to fresh when it arrives on my doormat :D

I've never understood this; but to each his own. You should not resist, the drum transition into the song in the first teaser is THE BEST I've ever heard. So smooth and fits the rest of the song perfectly.

I absolutely ruined Periphery II for myself by listening to way to much teasers before release, and I won't let that happen again.

What do you mean teasers? A lot of the material was released years ago on Bulb's SC. :lol: And how can you ruin something by getting a taste of it? If it's good, it's good, regardless of when you happen to indulge.

:shrug:

Analogy:

"Foreplay? Naw, I don't want to ruin sex." Said no person ever.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Well it's just the whole thing of ''keeping it fresh'', like if I would keep listening to those teasers now and those parts come up in the album I just feel like skipping those because I have heard them so many times before and it kinda loses the surprise factor, something like that :lol:
I can definatly see where you're coming from though, maybe it's just me haha.

bhakan

Reaction score
I do the opposite. When I hear a riff I liked from a teaser, I always think its extra cool, because you already knew the section, but you didn't know how it fit into the song.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Fuck I gotta check this teaser out soon. I was listening to Tesseract all day. Which included giving the EP another chance. And I fucking loved it this time around, which surprised me since I really disliked it before :yesway:

Also, this happened a few months ago now, but for the longest time I just could not get down with Tompkins cleans, but I had a sudden revelation and now I can't get enough of his voice. Also allowed me to embrace how awesome Skyharbor is. New The Room Colored Charlatan track with him on guest vocals is sick too :hbang:

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Less than two months until the release! I'm pumped, and the snippets that have been given to us are absolutely fantastic.

')