You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
just bought my tickets for the saint vitus show with STS and anciients on 10/29. so ....ing pumped and only 12 dollars for the tickets? thats a steal and a half.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Workhorse

Reaction score
Yea i always thought he looked a bit uhmm, delicate. But I think he's one of the very talented singers in metal.

silent suicide

Winter is coming
Reaction score
Allright I previous commented here that I would prefer a instrumental cd, but after another listen to the cd, the vocals grew on me and now I am hooked to the new album.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Saw them last night, holy hell that was awesome. Dat Mayones... :agreed:

I was also glad that they played a few tracks off of One. I guess the bassist is on screaming duty now :hbang:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw them last night, holy hell that was awesome. Dat Mayones... :agreed:

I was also glad that they played a few tracks off of One. I guess the bassist is on screaming duty now :hbang:
I think Amos has been doing the screaming in live performances for a while. He did when I saw them three years ago.

coffinwisdom

Reaction score
Saw Tesseract open for Intronaut, Cult of Luna and Katatonia tonight.

Awesome performance, made me a fan. The singer actually did a bit of the screams although the bass player held that down for most of it. Unfortunately the sound system at this venue wasn't great and they all ran direct which meant the bass was nowhere to be heard and the guitars were pretty thin and weak. Still enough to get me to buy a shirt and a cd tho. Turned me onto their music while turning me off of the axe-fx lol

Maku

Banned
Reaction score
This may be a little out of context but im currently learning to play nocturne and i've got everything down but the 16th note part arount 1:40, i'm unable to identify the change of notes. I know (by the guitar pro tab) that two extra 16th notes are played in the start of every bar, but i cant hit them on time. anyone got some other explanations or some tips on how to hear them or something?

Pweaks

Reaction score
This may be a little out of context but im currently learning to play nocturne and i've got everything down but the 16th note part arount 1:40, i'm unable to identify the change of notes. I know (by the guitar pro tab) that two extra 16th notes are played in the start of every bar, but i cant hit them on time. anyone got some other explanations or some tips on how to hear them or something?

What gauge are your strings? I'm eager to try out their songs but I wonder will my strings snap. I'm using a 010-064 set.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
What gauge are your strings? I'm eager to try out their songs but I wonder will my strings snap. I'm using a 010-064 set.

If you mean tension wise using their tuning, well they tune to AEADEAD on Altered State. So if you're using 10-46 + 64 your lower 4 strings are fine.

You'll probably want to up the gauge of the highest 3 strings though, since you're tuning the (In Standard Tuning) G down 2 whole steps, and the B & E down 1 whole step.

So using your current set of strings

.64 @ A1 15.3lbs
.46 @ E2 17.5lbs
.36 @ A2 19.5lbs
.26 @ D3 18.3lbs
.17 @ E3 11.7lbs --> .20 16.2lbs
.13 @ A3 12.2lbs --> .15 16.2lbs
.10 @ D4 12.9lbs --> .11 15.6lbs

That's what your current tension would be like if you tuned down your current set. Your strings won't snap, but they'll be insanely slack in comparison to the tighter wound strings, if you use the gauges (.20, .15, .11) accordingly instead for the higher strings, they'll feel much more even across the board. The drop in tension from the 4th and 5th strings is far too much, and it would probably bother me enough to go out and get heavier strings for this tuning :lol:

Krullnar

Reaction score
I could have gone for a lot less Cult of Luna and a lot more Tesseract. Good lord, Cult of Luna... they are traveling city to city on a quest to warp human perception of time.

Reaction score
:bump:
Saw Tesseract last night with Karnivool at the Wedge and they were amazing as ever :D
Hells yeah, I was there too with my GF and the keyboard player from my band! Was right at the front in the middle the whole time. When Mos came down to the barrier at the start of Tesseract's set, his balls were basically in my face :lol:

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
I dont follow this band all too closely, but wern't they making a 51 minute animation to go along with the album? what going on with that?

Latest posts

')