The ultimate list of Ibanez 7 strings

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sticking this, if I do I'll have to sticky threads like this about every maker. If you want to keep this at the top add to it constructively. :)

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Just an update, added the RG927QM to the list now that it's been released and shows up on Ibanez' website. Updates provided courtesy of MaxOfMetal, AKA The Knower Of All Things Ibanez. Everyone should +Rep his above post to show their appreciation for him not only being an awesome forum moderator, but generally being awesome as well. :agreed:

I'm always looking to further refine the list, so if anything has anything to add regarding specs on models, feel free to say so.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
While I would be inclined to add a blurb to the notes of the existing models, I just don't think they really merit a separate entry. They are, after all, essentially an existing model flipped over. It would be like assigning a separate entry to each color.

Reaction score
While I would be inclined to add a blurb to the notes of the existing models, I just don't think they really merit a separate entry. They are, after all, essentially an existing model flipped over. It would be like assigning a separate entry to each color.

well i beg to differ but hey, its your thread. so its your way or no way :yesway:

Ironbird666

Reaction score
Not to nitpick, but the RG7420 comes in Black Pearl, not sure if plain black was offered. I would have gotten a black one at that point in time and settled for as close to black as I could get. :lol:

I could post a pic of it if you need an example of a RG7420.

Reaction score
UGH! I used to own one of those 24 RG7CT's! And most likely, it was the one that was eventually parted out (it had finish issues).

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Interesting to know. I've always wondered why on earth anyone would part out such a wonderful instrument, but that explanation makes sense. Thanks for the context. :yesway:

Tjore

Hipster Jesus
Reaction score
Hey dude, remember to add the pretty new Premium RG827QM/BK! :)
It's just like the RG927, but ibanez pickups instead of DiMarzio's.
Appearently not available in the US... But EU for sure.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, now that I look at it, seems that the RG927QM is only available in the US, and the RG827 is showing up everywhere else.

Good catch dude. :yesway:

Kinda strange though. Almost as if maybe DiMarzio couldn't make enough pickups, so Ibanez just decided to throw their proprietary jobbers in and give it a different model name. :scratch:

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
UGH! I used to own one of those 24 RG7CT's! And most likely, it was the one that was eventually parted out (it had finish issues).

According to Rich @ Ibby rules though, he believes that there were more than 24 made.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Also, the 7620 came in white, but it's quite rare to find one that's originally white. Devin (envenomedcky) has one.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
LOL a guitar I used to own thats NOT on the list. wonderful!

Ibanez RG15271 !!! :p got mine for like 400$ used, traded it for a lot of stuff later one.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
LOL a guitar I used to own thats NOT on the list. wonderful!

Ibanez RG15271 !!! :p got mine for like 400$ used, traded it for a lot of stuff later one.

WHAT?! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU GET RID OF IT? :mad:

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
WHAT?! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU GET RID OF IT? :mad:

For starters, I wasn't playing 7 strings at the time. It was a cool guitar and I wanted to "Get into it" but I couldn't. I played it like 3 times, and sat in its case for months before I decided to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')