The ultimate list of Ibanez 7 strings

• Thread starter Xaios
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
cool but with pics will be the ultimate list

SO HAS IT BEEN ASKED, SO HAS IT BEEN DONE!!

;)

I found pics for all but the RG7521, RG2127x, RG7620M-BOL and RG7621M-BOL. Slightly frustrating as I've seen several photos of all these guitars before, but alas, Google either came up with nothing but dead links, or just plain old nothing. So if you've got photos of those guitars, let me know.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
This thread needs to be stickied! An incredibly good list for sure! I wasn't aware of many of the guitars existance, so much more to punk Ibanez for. Especially that 7-string hollow-body. :yum:

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
"Regor" should have pics of the 2127x over at MG.org, I know someone there or here has a 7620M-bol..

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Just so people know, if you have ANY information on any of these guitars that I haven't listed (aside from bodies being basswood - this is Ibanez after all :lol:), or you know of any guitars I missed,feel free to post it and I'll try to update the listing, or get the mods to update it after the edit time limit has passed.

malufet

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Can you also post the 7 string neck sizes? I understand most ibanez 7's have different neck dimensions.

difference between rg7, prestige necks, wizard 7, j custom 7 necks, etc.

Kr1zalid

Archrocker
Reaction score
Can you also post the 7 string neck sizes? I understand most ibanez 7's have different neck dimensions.

difference between rg7, prestige necks, wizard 7, j custom 7 necks, etc.

There's actually a (full?) list of types of necks in Ibanez Wiki, kinda shows all the information you need to know about them:

List of neck types - Ibanez Wiki

I'm not sure about how accurate is the information given from the website however... Sometimes you'll find different neck dimension from different sites... :scratch:

Maybe the thread needs to put in this information too! :yesway:

EDIT: I really, really start to love this thread so much because of the picture links :hbang: Keep it up!

malufet

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
There's actually a (full?) list of types of necks in Ibanez Wiki, kinda shows all the information you need to know about them:

List of neck types - Ibanez Wiki

I'm not sure about how accurate is the information given from the website however... Sometimes you'll find different neck dimension from different sites... :scratch:

Maybe the thread needs to put in this information too! :yesway:

EDIT: I really, really start to love this thread so much because of the picture links :hbang: Keep it up!

I didn't know the K-7 necks are different throughout 2001-2006. What is up with that?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's worth mentioning that the neck specs listed on sites like Jemsite and Ibanez Wiki are from catalogs, which often suffer from discrepancies and clerical errors. As such, I wouldn't put too much weight into what they say. Another thing, the neck thickness measured in millimeters is A) is sometimes listed incorrectly, and B) at most varies only a couple millimeters, thus unless you describe in depth the shape/contour of the neck a spec sheet isn't going to mean all too much.

Kr1zalid

Archrocker
Reaction score
It's worth mentioning that the neck specs listed on sites like Jemsite and Ibanez Wiki are from catalogs, which often suffer from discrepancies and clerical errors. As such, I wouldn't put too much weight into what they say. Another thing, the neck thickness measured in millimeters is A) is sometimes listed incorrectly, and B) at most varies only a couple millimeters, thus unless you describe in depth the shape/contour of the neck a spec sheet isn't going to mean all too much.

:cool:

jaybeals

ASCENTTOPOWER.com!!
Reaction score
My favorite 7 I had thought was a John Pettruci model with Picasso paint job (weird half-faces in black/white), but not sure, anybody hear of these? It is definately a better build than my 7321, 24 frets, 5 position switch and 2 hums, sounds great!! Very happy with it, and wondering if it is an aftermarket paint job, or an artist series?

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
Sounds like it was done aftermarket. Depending on whether or not it had a trem, it could've been a 7620(7621 being the non-trem version) or a 7420(likewise with the 7621, the 7421 is the non-trem version of the 7420).

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My favorite 7 I had thought was a John Pettruci model with Picasso paint job (weird half-faces in black/white), but not sure, anybody hear of these? It is definately a better build than my 7321, 24 frets, 5 position switch and 2 hums, sounds great!! Very happy with it, and wondering if it is an aftermarket paint job, or an artist series?

The only Picasso 7-strings Ibanez ever made were a pair of custom one-offs for JP, they never went into production.

As far as I know, both of them are accounted for and reside with folks who don't EVER plan on parting with them.

If you see one for sale and it's not marked as a LACS with proper authentication, it's most definitely a modified RG.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed with what the other guys said, it's probably aftermarket. JP models had 3 position selectors, not 5 position. They also had a control layout more reminiscent of JP's Music Man guitars than Ibanez' other RG shaped guitars.

Dan

Reaction score
Can we sticky this? It would be a handy tool. Especially if we can get photographs to go with each model :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
')