The ultimate RG8 Modification, IMHO

• Thread starter Anatoth Derek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Killer mod.

If I were you I would have used the opportunity and install a Hipshot bridge instead of the stock one, though. Anyways, this thing's sick. I'm pretty sure the photos don't do it justice.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
I'm glad you guys like it as much as I do. As for the only question asked thus far, I had a new body made instead of trying to mess with altering the RG shape. Which means I have an rg8 body that has an interesting future as well. But that's a story for another thread

Thanks for answering that - I was also wondering about it. I spent a good while trying to figure out how it was possible to cut an rg8 body down to that shape or whether you had added some more wood on there somehow. :lol:

Anatoth Derek

Reaction score
I actually didn't even think to use the hipshot bridge until the process had begun. I already kicked myself for that one. However, with a properly measured scale length and a good set up, this thing itonates dead on with room to move and the action is crazy on it.

guitarfreak1387

squirrel chaser
Reaction score
Thanks for answering that - I was also wondering about it. I spent a good while trying to figure out how it was possible to cut an rg8 body down to that shape or whether you had added some more wood on there somehow. :lol:

your not the only one, 5 minutes of dahfuq? how? aliens!

Kristianx510

Reaction score
Do I think this is the prettiest 8 string out there? Not exactly. Do I think this is the most impressive RG8 mod to date? .... yeah I do. Good job on in this, man.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Holy beans that's awesome. Now that's how you do a mod! Who made the new body?

CD1221

Reaction score
That is bloody awesome.

So, essentially you bought a neck.....

shupe13

Reaction score
WOW!

The color and shape are truly awesome!

Anatoth Derek

Reaction score
Holy beans that's awesome. Now that's how you do a mod! Who made the new body?

It's a Perle 7 string that my tech went to work modding to fit the 8 string accents. And after it was all done, yes I basically bought a neck and bridge. Luckily the body won't be going to waste. The pickups are going in the trash however. I spent the better part of my night with this beast and I gotta say, it's easily in the top three of my guitars in my lifetime as far as sound and playability. It's currently tied with my 78 iceman. Glad to see that everyone digs it. Thanks for all the love on this

Reaction score
Very nice! So... did the neck bolt holes line up or was there a bit of modification done for that?

Latest posts

')