The UV Bastardisation Project Thread

• Thread starter 7 Dying Trees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
So seeing as I've got the part uv7bk which needs a lot of TLD and as I am going to be doing a fair bit to this guitar, i've decided to set up a thread, to mark progress of my little project. This may take a while, but I am pretty excited about it, and it should be really cool when it's all done! I'll also add

So far:

Plans:
- New body out of swamp ash with control cavities for extra electronics
- Sustainer
- Inlay Replacement
- Clean up the trem as much as possible
- New paintjob
- Piezo's
- Replacement of some of the hardware to colour coordinate

What I've got:
1 neck, looks to be in good shape, and with sanded headstock. Got the decal logos for it (well have 2 in different colours as I haven't fully decided on the finish yet, well, which will work best with it, and have another 2 differennt colours on the way. Inlays will have to change, unless the finish ends up being green...

2 scratchplates, one clear, on mirrored in one oif the colours (well, the colour i really want)

Some control knobs, some dome, some strat

1 broken body, for purposes of finding someone to make a new body as i reckon it'll do as a measurement template hopefully

1 white blaze custom

neck hardware (nut, string retainer, truss rod cover)

7 cosmo chrome tuners

1 edge 7 with a lot of rust

1 very rusted neckplate

2 manky green dimarzio strap locks

assorted screws :D

1 fernandes sustainer, but no idea how to wire it

What's on order:

- 7 piezo saddles from graphtech, which will hopefully fit the edge 7, there may be a problem with routing the wires as I am not sure if there's enough room under the baseplate... problem here is that edge's use #1 saddles as the baseplate is preradiused, and if they don't fit, i'll have to get an OFR which requires ones of different height, so it's a little bit of a gamble, but hopefully will pay off... I hope...

- 1 graphtec preamp

So, there's the cookbook, will update with various pictures of the process along the way, but it may take a while, i have a feeling it will take a few months at least...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Anyway, from the other thread, here's some pictures of what i currently have:

Body (cracked), pickup, neckplate and bridge:
2648fd12f0a2c88.jpg

Close up of the bridge and nut:
2648fd12f1e2b34.jpg

The neck:
2648fd12f01b0ef.jpg

The body has got worse in terms of cracks since i got it, no idea how, but it really does seem like it would not survive much tension being put on it...

And first up tonight, I have some rust cleaner on me, and I'll be seeing how well the trem clears up, and be taking it apart to see in what condition it is exactly...

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
cool :yesway:

can't wait for updates *subscribes to thread*

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FWIW, a wire brush will do wonders on that bridge, nut and neck plate... especially if it's attached to a bench grinder. :evil:

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It looks liek that trem was in the Titanic.
It was touched by the lips of kate winslet, but unfortunately also by the hand of DiCaprio, the latter causing the state it's in now...

cool :yesway:

can't wait for updates *subscribes to thread*
Man, i can't wait to get cracking, but it's going to be a long process and I am an impatient man!

Diogene303

Reaction score
Hope the project go's well for you and it will be intresting to hear this baby when it's built with the sustainer unit installed ?

darbdavys

Reaction score
and how you will remove rust from the bridge? as I've got some rust on mine (not like all brown, but a bit of black on 3 saddles, but when i use a pencil or smt, it goes off as brown) and want to remove it :)

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
I for one am extremely jealous that you have a Ibby 7 trem that can be fitted with piezo saddles... curse you... curse yoooou :D

JesseTheMachine

Reaction score
That is a sweet neck! I say just put some clear-coat on it as it is; the colour of the headstock goes well with the rosewood fretboard.

And the green inlays are classic.

Latest posts

')