The UV Bastardisation Project Thread

• Thread starter 7 Dying Trees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Now, for those of you remember the 200$ UV parts for sale thread on ss.org about a year ago, well, i got them, a heap of rusted parts, cracked body, missing scratchplate, one single white humbucker, in fact, pictures say more than a thousand words:

The Body:
2648fd12ee9b879.jpg

The bridge:
2648fd12f1e2b34.jpg

The Neck:
2648fd12f01b0ef.jpg

Now, a bit of a horror show, but, I gave it all a rust bath, have put new saddles on the trem (black ones, seems like there's a total lack of cosmo chrome ones about) and then got rid of the body, as didn't want another basswood guitar, and then got the following bits and pieces:

A new body, courtesy of sims custom shop, all pimped out in swamp ash:
264a5bebdf4b1fc.jpg

Some fancy pimped up shit:
2649064e447e9ac.jpg

Some electronics (whether they go in, no idea yet, depends if it works, or not...)
2649064f58c9a1a.jpg

More pimped out shit:
2649124113c2b52.jpg

but that, well, for now, is the end. All these things are now at an undisclosed secret location, with neck, bridge and a few red and a few red/black and one black coloured pickups, along with a spec, some ideas and a determination to finally get it finished (well, there's some stuff to be done after all this as well, but to get all the stuff done that i can't do) having made the journey...

Now, I wait with baited breath for a call, one that will reveal what has happened, and when i can pick it up ready for the final assembly!

IT'S EXCITING :D

Yours,

Mr Trees.

P.S: This is going to be a love it or hate it guitar. It shall hence be dubbed "project marmite"

Latest posts

')