The UV Bastardisation Project Thread

• Thread starter 7 Dying Trees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Love it!! :lol: Did you ever fit that OFR arm you got off the 'bay? Ive found what size part you need to fit it.
I got one, but the arm holder on this trem is frozen solid, and won't budge. Good for the trem arm, not so good for retrofitting as it just won't budge!
Ah... I just thought you were going with a "hentai" theme for this build. :ugh:

:lol:
:lol: Could have been cool!

Never too late to do that.
Very very true!

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
ALso, I did give it a quick play yesterday, the action is terrible, but i seem to remember that there was a shim in it (to do with the BK neck that was on it) so it may be a case of shimming the body side to put an angle on it.

Also, the high "B" ("A" in my case") string is just dead when played open, but fine when fretted, not sure what that's about, and I am sure the edge 7 and edge 6 are radiused the same way...

Otherwise, I "ghetto" attached an output jack to the blaze custom and had a play around, and I must say I appreciate this pickup a lot more than the last time when i had one!

Still, I've done some truss rod adjustments, leaving it untill this evening when i get back from work to see how the guitar has settled, and then see what to do. Looks like the cracked body is holding up, but, still will need to get a replacement made to be honest, one which fits the neck (which looks like it's been plugged where the screws go, and am not sure whether this has sent the alignment a tad out of kilt, but that may need to be fixed as well)

THese beater guitars are fun though, I have to admit, plus the pwh neck does feel really awesome to play!

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to the finished product, this thread is awesome!

Reaction score
finished product i want to see. persist, u must

yoda_wah.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
interesting picstory there james :lol:

what the hell is the deal with the body though - you're leaving it open?

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
interesting picstory there james :lol:

what the hell is the deal with the body though - you're leaving it open?
well, i thought better to assemble the guitar, have some tension on the neck to see what the neck is like and whether the bridge is any good, plus I plan on using the fucked up body as a finish test to try out my idea to see how well it works!

It's actually also a clear pickguard that I'll probably end up selling unless the body i get made is rear routed (which is a possibility)

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A tiny update, and a sign of possible things to come:

Junk&

Got pickups mounted, put in a nw switch, but need to get new pots, as the ones in it are weird and have a rounded top. That and I am not even sure I want a tone control as I never use it, there are other controls which may be more usefull...

ANd yes, as you can see, no sustainer on this pickguard. I've not managed to find out the last bit in the electronic puzzle (the selector switch, ie, the 5 way pickupos selector that fernandes use) which is the only thing I need to do. Could be figured out, but I'll have to give it a crack, (with the electronic gutas hanging out, as haven't got a body routed for it yet)

Still, that's what two project guitars are for, mixing and matching!

Jazzedout

Reaction score
Just my 2p: I would prefer a white or black pickguard to contrast the red pickups.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just my 2p: I would prefer a white or black pickguard to contrast the red pickups.
Ah, but the rest of the plan is not apparent yet ;) It'll all fit together, and the black/white pickguard wouldn't fit what I'm planning!

..c'mon lets see it put together already !!
I know :( It's the sheer length of this saga, but it will eventually get done, just need to get my arse into gear regarding a few other bits and pieces, it will get done!

Vairocarnal

...is something.
Reaction score
On the front shot, the top connector (one with the two pronged plug) goes to a push/push pot, so I am assuming it's some kind of on/off thing.

Interestingly, the wire from the mod on the rear goes to the other side, so it looks like they are attached to either side of an on / off switch, which is pretty odd...

The push/pull pot is a mode selector. Down=sustain. Up=harmonic. I flipped out when I discovered mine could do that.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The push/pull pot is a mode selector. Down=sustain. Up=harmonic. I flipped out when I discovered mine could do that.
Dude, you have fernandes sustainer 7? Can you help me with how the pickup selector switch is supposed to work? It's the one thing that's really bugging me at the moment, as it's a propritry switch, and I don't know what each lug on it does, last piece in the puzzle as it were!

Vairocarnal

...is something.
Reaction score
Dude, you have fernandes sustainer 7? Can you help me with how the pickup selector switch is supposed to work? It's the one thing that's really bugging me at the moment, as it's a propritry switch, and I don't know what each lug on it does, last piece in the puzzle as it were!

Ummm...yes and no. First of all I'm curious as to whether or not you have the "sustainer circuit" Not the circuit board that's attached to the push/pull knob but the copper/goldish resonance disc that sits between the neck and bridge pu's?

')