The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7Mic7

Reaction score
I'm kind of sad about the song they release an i hope there will be more thechnical veil of mayish stuff on the rest of the album caus this song dindnt do it at all for me .. :(

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score

I don't know what you're crying about, buddy. You must have shitty electronics all around because every note played on the guitar is clearly audible. I also think your pre-associated hatred for Periphery's album is clouding your mind and altering your judgement. Tweak your EQ's, clean your ears, change your tampon, do something. Or you could just go ahead and listen to TCMC forever.

Back on topic...tone is fine, song is meh. I feel like I've heard all of that before.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know what you're crying about, buddy. You must have shitty electronics all around because every note played on the guitar is clearly audible. I also think your pre-associated hatred for Periphery's album is clouding your mind and altering your judgement. Tweak your EQ's, clean your ears, change your tampon, do something. Or you could just go ahead and listen to TCMC forever.

Back on topic...tone is fine, song is meh. I feel like I've heard all of that before.

Tone it down or you're getting time off. :noway:

I think sakeido's points are pertinent, albeit overexaggerated. You can hear he guitar but it's definitely fighting to stay alive in the mix. :2c:

As bulb said earlier, this song's the closest to their older stuff that's on the album. Perhaps the mix makes more sense in the context of the other tracks.

bulb

Reaction score

hahah nice one!
and dude, id say if you think this song sounds a bit too familiar then you definitely will enjoy the other songs on the album!

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

lmao sure man. Nice set of Logitech speakers with a 8" sub, Adam A5 monitors, Shure HD 280 headphones and SE215 in-ears. Extremely well reviewed equipment all around. Great room, with a little treatment in it even, and I've listened to the same gear for 2+ years now, I know it inside and out. I use flat EQs on everything.

I'm not changing my tampon, either. Way I see it, I have a right to be angry. My favorite band + a guy who hasn't done anything worth listening to since 2008 = FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

also, [id] > TCMC. I doubt the mix will ruin the album since VoM kicks just that much ass, but I don't see myself listening to it anywhere near as much as id if it sounds like this. At least there is a new Gojira album coming out in the spring.. I can tough it out til then.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My favorite band + a guy who hasn't done anything worth listening to since 2008 = FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Dude, not only is he a member on this board but he's posted in this same thread. You're entitled to your opinion but in context, this is well into "personal attack" territory and you're getting a ban if you don't drop it.

Last warning in this thread before everyone gets canned.

Now everybody chill out.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah sorry. I was wrong anyway, I forgot about Animal's debut in '09 and the BoO demos weren't bad either

edit: drmosh below. Like I said, this is my favorite band. I am angry.

ByDesign

:::::::::
Reaction score
I know some people are picky when it comes to production, but I don't know how people could possibly think this new stuff sound BAD, especially in comparison to older stuff. Both sound great.

Sikthness

Reaction score
It sounds good, although my personal preference would be to have the guitars more upfront, but I pretty much feel like this with 94% of what I listen to since I'm all about the riffs. This song didn't do much for me, listened a couple times. Still lookin forward to hearing the whole album, as VoM's previous works have all been growers for me so I was kinda anticipating not loving the new sound right away.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I agree that the mix isn't perfect and you do have to listen a little closer to really make out the parts but it's Veil Of Maya, come on. It's still great music either way.

On another note, I think, in a few years, VOM should get their 4th (5th?) album mixed like Within the Ruins' Invade. BEST MIX EVER.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
hahah nice one!
and dude, id say if you think this song sounds a bit too familiar then you definitely will enjoy the other songs on the album!

Well, I'll definitely be checking it out!

Randy and sakeido--sorry if my previous post was a bit harsh, I just think it's silly when people go on such hate-fueled rants based off of one and a half songs.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
You guys are funny. Arguing about what mix is better or worse, or what album is.
It's all opinion, but it still manages to become a huge argument hahaha

My only comment on this new single is that I enjoy it and can't
wait for the new album! Those keyboard parts are sick

The McThief

The Boss Man
Reaction score
Everything about the new song sounds perfect to me! Good old really melodic yet super heavy VoM parts and the mix really fits it imo.

bulb

Reaction score
Haha you guys are too kind, glad you are digging the mix though, i really can't wait for this album to come out though, so excited for people to hear the new VoM!

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
The mix sounds great Mr. Mansoor.

As for the song...I have to say I was maybe expecting a bit more...It's not bad but I think I may have set my hopes and expectations too high. But I won't form an opinion until the whole album is out. I'm sure this song has it's place in the album somewhere and the final product will probably be pretty bad ass.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
not really diggin the guitar tone(huge fan of ids tone). the vocals are miles ahead of id so I guess that's a plus.

vocals were still done by michael keene, has been like that since TCMC

EDIT: By "done" I mean "produced and recorded by"

')