The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

codync

Reaction score
Just for reference, [id] was 29 minutes and TCMC was only about an average song longer. Everyone's freaking out about the length, but I don't really see the issue. Besides, I'd rather it be shorter and have stronger songs than longer with average ones.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
Holy fuck just listened to the samples, this album is gonna fucking slay, can't fucking wait :D

Sikthness

Reaction score
^crazy how opinions differ. Vicious Circles was by far my least fav sample, but that could be cuz I've heard it 100 times already. The rest of the tracks sound killer though, def gettin excited about this. I don't mind short cds, but 28 min? Come on. Keep the songs short if ya want but throw in 12 or 13 if you expect people to pay money. really I just want more songs. I wouldnt care if every band I love released cds that were 100 min long.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
^crazy how opinions differ. Vicious Circles was by far my least fav sample, but that could be cuz I've heard it 100 times already. The rest of the tracks sound killer though, def gettin excited about this. I don't mind short cds, but 28 min? Come on. Keep the songs short if ya want but throw in 12 or 13 if you expect people to pay money. really I just want more songs. I wouldnt care if every band I love released cds that were 100 min long.

Well they are sort of working at a faster than average pace.

If they don't have a total assbeater like Resistance I'm going to flip some tables.

MintBerryCrunch

Melody>Metal
Reaction score
Always liked Veil of Maya but was never heavily into them

but now that i'm listening to Vicious Circles (For the millionth time) I think this will be the album that gets me heavily into them.

I'm stoked about this album

have you heard the All things Set Aside album?

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Getting a Born Of Osiris vibe from these samples for some reason.

Buch20

Reaction score
Personally, after listening to all the samples I feel disappointed. Although, I don't want to shoot my load just yet (seeing as the full album hasn't been released) I am almost 100% BoO has taken over the place as my favorite band (which used to be VoM).

MOD EDIT: You already made a thread for this song, so stopped peddling it in somebody else's thread.

Sikthness

Reaction score
Well they are sort of working at a faster than average pace.

If they don't have a total assbeater like Resistance I'm going to flip some tables.

Thats true. I just want lots and lots of new music from bands I love and I want it all the time.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I saw them last night, and they killed it. They played a couple of the new songs and they had the place going. Can't wait to hear the full album.

MartinMTL

Reaction score
I'm really liking the sound they have going on in this album. The tone is great, and it seems more progressive than their previous efforts. My 2 cents...

Reaction score
probably not gonna get this album :(, it sounds to generic to me and it has way too much of a born of osiris feel to it, dont get me wrong i love BoO but its not something i would want veil of maya to sound like.

groovemasta

Reaction score
Not to hate but vicious circles sounds like some sort of demented carnival :lol: probably just me though....

')