The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

space frog

Reaction score
^if you read what the last pagr again, you might realise we were having a debate about the production's sound, not the overall music. guitar tones are the same on every song of an album...

btw using racecar and lady gaga in the same sentence for the same purpose is just plain wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
it definitely sounds like a VoM song. won't judge the production from a 1:20 breakdown clip, but........

i was in a small minority of people who thought the mix on [id] was fucking awesome though. I loved that guitar tone so much

Augury

f*ckin bow down!
Reaction score
it definitely sounds like a VoM song. won't judge the production from a 1:20 breakdown clip, but........

i was in a small minority of people who thought the mix on [id] was fucking awesome though. I loved that guitar tone so much

yup same here. i dont know whats wrong with [id]'s mix. i love the guitar tone too.

@this guy interviewing vom tomorrow
dont forget to put the interview on ss.org :3

aturaya

Reaction score
Yeaaah this definitely feels like VoM, I have no clue what you guys are talking about. I've listened to TCMC and id so many times it's ridiculous. Even if I heard this out of nowhere not knowing who it was, I'd assume it's Veil of Maya.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Judging an entire album off of 1:20 is a seriously bold move, no?

I really wonder if some people actually would dismiss this album because of a teaser as breakdown-core or something...

I hope people aren't mistaking my distaste for the teaser as me writing off the whole album, because I didn't say that. What I did say was:

... Hopefully the rest of the album is a little more imaginitive...

I guess what I'm saying is, if it were my album, I'd probably have chosen something a little more interesting to use in advertising my new release. VoM are a great band, with some very creative and proficient musicians, and I felt the teaser seriously undersold what they're capable of.

Reaction score
I feel like this too. Not necessarily a bad mix, just doesn't feel like VoM. Still hyped, obv.

Also, will be interviewing the band today. What should I ask them?

Ask Marc how he plays so accurately when he's ripped out of his mind high :lol:

When I saw them here he looked totally baked, like eyes almost completely red, and whatnot, yet he played everything perfectly, like tighter than a 12 year old :\

aturaya

Reaction score

When I saw them here he looked totally baked, like eyes almost completely red, and whatnot, yet he played everything perfectly, like tighter than a 12 year old :\

Tighter than a 12 year old, huh.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score

he has been amazing altogether in the mix every time i have seen him, and really good in general, but a TINY bit sloppy not in the context of the whole band.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I'm sure when you play super baked all the time, it comes naturally. :lol:

dreamermind

Steel Panther Fan
Reaction score
great sound. Marc is my guitar hero and he uses some wierd chord-waka-ftw-passages-thing so Im expecting Id with great production.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
it does? which song?

Insomnia, if Marc got a hold of it

I also should clarify I look forward to this album
and am in no way judging it by a preview.
Just wanted to give my two cents since that's
all the internet seems to be

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
As much as I like Veil of Maya and as much as I like Periphery, I don't find this guitartone suitable for a VoM-album. It sounds like it came straight out of a Periphery-song but I suppose that's to be expected when Bulb is the producer.

And yes, I really really liked the guitar tone in [id] and TCMC. But maybe it's just this, we'll see if my opinion changes once some real tracks surface.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
I'll Misha's word until the album actually drops. For now I can definitely tell this is going to be the best sounding Veil of Maya album yet. It's going to sound as huge as it should and Misha is great with making very clear distorted guitar tones so all of marc's chords will truly ring out!

People who are whining: They are releasing a song on Tuesday. Before you write off the album entirely, listen to an actual SONG, not a 30 fucking second PART of a song.

It's a teaser to build up some hype. VoM is known for their interesting breakdown style, what better way to build up a quick 30 second hype other than a breakdown rather than some 30 seconds of random noodling that wouldn't make any sense when it's out of context from a song.

Also what the hell is a "zero" on a guitar?? I thought it was called an open string...

Reaction score
I'll Misha's word until the album actually drops. For now I can definitely tell this is going to be the best sounding Veil of Maya album yet. It's going to sound as huge as it should and Misha is great with making very clear distorted guitar tones so all of marc's chords will truly ring out!

People who are whining: They are releasing a song on Tuesday. Before you write off the album entirely, listen to an actual SONG, not a 30 fucking second PART of a song.

It's a teaser to build up some hype. VoM is known for their interesting breakdown style, what better way to build up a quick 30 second hype other than a breakdown rather than some 30 seconds of random noodling that wouldn't make any sense when it's out of context from a song.

Also what the hell is a "zero" on a guitar?? I thought it was called an open string...

Good lord, nobody said that, they were saying that maybe something a little more reflective of VoM's cool melodies or something would have been neater.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score

Zero "0" as in the way open is notated in tabs I'm assuming.

I'd laugh if the riff in the teaser isn't even on a song from the new album.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
Tuesday.

But regardless if they put ANYTHING in a 30 second teaser like that people would find a way to write it off.

It was just a way to officially announce the release date.

Zero "0" as in the way open is notating in tabs I'm assuming.

I know I was just teasing him cause he said Dissonant Chord after but said Zero before :p

aturaya

Reaction score
This thing will probably just be one of those instrumental parts of the album, like the intros on the two albums.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
"huge" is probably one of the last words I would use to describe what I've heard so far. guitars are thin thin thin, almost as bad as the Periphery album. only thing that makes the mix sound big is the really deep kick drum. IMO.

')