Votes: 20 51.3%

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

Abhimanyu

Reaction score
Im really confused between the two..

Ibanez UV777 or Ibanez K7?! :scratch:

i mainly play metal and some blues, rock and jazz as well.. I need a guitar catering to all these styles. I know tht the K7 has a mahogany body and the UV is basswood.

Im getn both for almost the same price n in mint condition ...

If the K7 wasnt so bland-looking, there probably would have been no confusion ever! :lol:

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
honestly i vote the K7. worst case scenario find an up-and-coming luthier to reboard it with a nice blank ebony board :nom:

the k7 has a rediculously nice shreddy neck, its reminiscent to me of the older UV's, plus it has a mahogany body, which i personally prefer tone-wise.

i wish i went with buying a k7 and reboarding it to be honest, tbh, i've never run into a neck that i liked that much... it was just... perfect

anyway i should recommend a 2027 as well

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
my two dream guitars. I just play the K7rb, and I love it, the mid gain pick ups are perfect for a lot of stules, and if you need more gain...add a metal pedal. the neck is awesome, and the finish....nom nom, the pearl binding and the sparkle blue, just love it. a like the gray more.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a bland K-7 :lol:

But I'd definitely vote K-7. The stock pickups aren't the best, but they are good enough, and you can always swap them out for something better later on. The neck has a slightly rounder and more comfortable profile than the UV, which has a flat back and quite pronounced shoulders. Both are excellent guitars, but for playability and the sheer fact that it's mahogany, the K-7 wins it. I doubt I will ever sell mine, simply because there is no production 7 that could replace it and fill its boots, other than another K-7.

Spondus

Reaction score
I'm going to go against the grain and vote for the UV. In my opinion it looks cooler, has better pickups stock than the K7, doesn't have the ugly K7 inlay and will probably maintain a higher resale value. Plus the mirror pickguard is badass:yesway:

Phlegethon

Reaction score
the K7 wins by a landslide

a mahogany body with PAFs (what the K7 has) is going to cover all the bases you need stylistically . . and while the UV is certainly no slouch, it does get beat out here easily as a mahogany body with PAF type pickups is one of the sounds that helped define rock/jazz/blues

Heavy Ed

singlecoil goodness
Reaction score
I vote both!!:lol::lol:

2005_0512Image0026.jpg

Really though it a tough choice. IMHO older UV> K7> newer UV.
Hope it helps, good luck, happy hunting!:hbang:

Deaths Madrigal

The Soulcollector
Reaction score
Definatly go with an old Universe, IMO they cant be touched by any mass produced 7 thats out today. The K7 is seriously nice too though, i guess it would depend on the type of sound your going for, but all i can say is the Old UV necks are unbeatable.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Definatly go with an old Universe, IMO they cant be touched by any mass produced 7 thats out today. The K7 is seriously nice too though, i guess it would depend on the type of sound your going for, but all i can say is the Old UV necks are unbeatable.

Arent they ridiculously thin?

Abhimanyu

Reaction score
I vote both!!:lol::lol:

2005_0512Image0026.jpg

Really though it a tough choice. IMHO older UV> K7> newer UV.
Hope it helps, good luck, happy hunting!:hbang:

Damn you ED for such a brilliant collection!

AAh.. this has become worse .. Im gettin a MINT condition UV7 - Green dot! for $1650

vs A very good condition K7FB for $1200 with Dimarzio DropSonic and AirNorton in the neck included!!

NOW WHICH ONE?!! :lol:

coldandhomeless

Reaction score
if i were to choose i would go with the universe... its lighter, better stock parts, higher resale, but it has to have the pickguard removed to change pickups if i have that right... body binding, and inlays and also its a steve vai... major points there... k7 is darker sounding, rear routed, heavy, no inlay markers, no binding, no steve vai stamp of approval... go with the universe!!!!!

Abhimanyu

Reaction score
MINT condition UV7BK - Green dot! for $1550!
\
vs
\
A very good condition K7FB for $1200 with Dimarzio DropSonic and AirNorton in the neck!

DAMN!

Heavy Ed

singlecoil goodness
Reaction score
Damn you ED for such a brilliant collection!

Thanx dude!:wavey:

AAh.. this has become worse .. Im gettin a MINT condition UV7 - Green dot! for $1650

vs A very good condition K7FB for $1200 with Dimarzio DropSonic and AirNorton in the neck included!!

NOW WHICH ONE?!! :lol:

Wow mint UV vs. K7 with those pickups?:wallbash:

Flip a coin!:lol:

No matter what you pick you'll always wonder about the other.:yesway:

Abhimanyu

Reaction score
^^ you got that last one SPOT ON ed! :lol:

Any suggestions .. I think I would want the thick tone and the shredability of the K7... thats considering the UV 7 doesnt hav a tone so thick n meaty.. is it drier than the K7s tone?!

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
I have the same K7 as posted above but I replaced the pickups with Barekbuckle Painkillers, I have honestly never heard a thicker, tighter and ballsier guitar sound in my life. Mahogany with a bolt on neck combined with tight, upper mid oriented pups just delivers such a phenomenal 'oomph' with warmth that I cannot imagine basswood being able to do the same.

pylyo

Reaction score
K7 for sure. I don't like Korn at all but if you ask me guitar beats UV in terms of tone, reliability and looks . I plan to get one soon and 1st thing I'm gonna do is sand down the body and stain the top + tung oil. Simple and killer. 2nd (as above): Painkiller in the bridge.

Latest posts