Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

huhngott

Reaction score
Assuming i get an rga8.
Should i order it online, which offers a gigbag and a case,
or should i buy it on a local store, which offers a setup.

Now, what pickups should i get? I want to go jazzy/djenty, like animals as leaders.
I've seen some topics talking about lundgreen, liquifires, bareknuckles...
Elucidate me, I feel like a noob! which i am! oh god sorry! -.- in 7 and 8 strings, never owned one :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

clouds

Reaction score
Assuming i get an rga8.
Should i order it online, which offers a gigbag and a case,
or should i buy it on a local store, which offers a setup.

Now, what pickups should i get? I want to go jazzy/djenty, like animals as leaders.
I've seen some topics talking about lundgreen, liquifires, bareknuckles...
Elucidate me, I feel like a noob! which i am! oh god sorry! -.- in 7 and 8 strings, never owned one :D
Tosin has used various pickups in his career, but I believe the album was recorded mostly with his Illustrated Luthier 8 with a Q-Tuner in the neck and an I don't know in the bridge. His RG2228 had EMG808s at the time of the recording, although I don't know how much was recorded with those on the album, if any at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

I'm sure any of those pickups you listed can get the sound you want, but it also depends on your rig. If you go with a Liquifire you might want it in the neck and have its "partner" the Crunch Lab in the bridge.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
How is this even a question?

Do you have money for the Ran? Get that one.

:shrug:

malufet

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
JPX-7 vs Universe vs RC7 mahogany

I recently saw the New universe prices at 2499.99, JPX-7 is 90.01 dollars more. Made in USA and piezo BUT RC7 is only around 1699.

Huguitarro

5/4 player
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im Hugo, and i need serious advice.

I've been planing on getting my first 7 string, and i've doing a LOT of research, finally i ended up landing on 2 brands, Agile and Schecter (i've played cort, ibañez, fender and gibson 6 strings, i've played Satch's signaure ibby, but i really didn't like the feel of the neck, i dunno if al ibbys have that "feel"), mainly i play from heavy-opeth-meshuggah riffs to real clean and warm tones on my band, so i really need a guitar that can pull that off (mainly coz im not into the "chugga chugga" stuff ), so i've come up with this ones:

Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Black Flame DOT
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 MN Black Flame DOT at RondoMusic.com

and

Blackjack ATX C-7 WHITE
Blackjack ATX C-7

The thing is, i reeeeeeeally hate EMG's, never played seymour duncans, and i don't like active pickups so, i'm planning on getting new passive pickups, also i dont have long hands and those guitars are 26.5" and 27" so will i find it difficult to play like add9 chords on that scale?,other thing is that i really hate my cort freets, because they are really small, so i need kind of "midle" freets and getting the piezzo-electric bridge... also im not looking to get an "agressive look-like guitar", im in the edge of buying the schecter for the looks of the guitar since im replacing the pickpus sometime.

So, thats what im thinking, perhaps you know any other guitars that could be "better" within $500-$700 range?. Also, would be better to buy a "cheaper" guitar and replace everything, but knowing that won't be good wood?, or buy that expensive schecter and still replace for passive pickups?

:nuts::nuts::scratch::scratch::wallbash::wallbash:

heeeeeeelp

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
if your already tinking schecter than why not just get their flag ship 7 string loomis. all in all i have heard that it is their best 7 string, and id say probably their most popular top of the line modles. and there are a ton of passives you can get for a seven but the routes are different. you may have to go with a specialty company like BKP or Lace (i just heard about them today, they seem pretty awesome.) any way good luck. there is alot of agile love on this forum, there is alot of loomis love on the forum but there tends to be an overall EMG and ingeneral schecter hate here as well. so youll fit right in.

serioulsly though, the loomis is my vote. (but ive never played agile so take that with a grain of salt.)

Huguitarro

5/4 player
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, the thing with the loomis one, is that i really dig the neck, but it has satin finish, my main guitar is satin finish, and i tend to sweat like a pig trough my arms (dunno why) so it looks really like satin/gloss finish now and the price is a little higher for my pocket and comes with EMG's anyway, so i feel like be wasting money, coz im planning to get a X2n 7 ($130) and a Liquifire 7 ($100) (both Di Marzio) so it's some money that i dont' have right now :(

About the Luthier stuff, i really have a reeeaaally good one, he worked with Leo Fender and he's a really respected luthier here in México. so no biggie bout electronics/scalopping/re-route/piezzo stuff :D

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
good deal. yo know if your patient enough you can find both of those pups on here for half that. even shipped to mexico youd still save a bundle. those are pretty common pups used by members here.

iddqd

Reaction score
If you like the schecter necks, i'd say get the blackjack. And a wristband against the sweat :)

Maybe you'll come up digging the blackouts and you wont need to buy any more pickups.

Huguitarro

5/4 player
Reaction score
good deal. yo know if your patient enough you can find both of those pups on here for half that. even shipped to mexico youd still save a bundle. those are pretty common pups used by members here.

Where can i get pickups shipped to mexico? Coz' as far as i know, no store sends things like that on regular mail to México (other than thotman)

If you like the schecter necks, i'd say get the blackjack. And a wristband against the sweat :)

Maybe you'll come up digging the blackouts and you wont need to buy any more pickups.

Maybe i'll change my mind on actives? also with the piezzo, i'll need to make an extra battery slot ._. that's why i'm planning to change to passive ans use that battery slow to the piezzo system :p

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
members sell privatly here. shipping something that small to mexico would cost that much is assume. i just shipped a guitar from london to here and it was only 80 bucks.

Djent

Obviously!
Reaction score
Just get an Ibanez RG7620/7621 (depends if you like the floating trem or not), or a 7420/7421, and drop in some GraphTech piezo saddles. Ibanez necks are always really thin (for your short hands), the DiMarzio New7s (on the 762x series) should last you until you get some Duncans or BKPs, and they look pretty good in the first place.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
In my opinion Shecter's are amazing so go for a Loomis, C-7 Custom, or even a C-7 Hellraiser.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
I had a c7 ATX and loved it, but it might not be the guitar for you if you have small hands. I think your best bet is a used 7620 or 7420 and change the pickups.

En qué parte de México vives?

')