Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Looks like the Kelly is kind of kicked out. I was on the Jackson forums and they were talking about neck Dive with them, something I am not a big fan of lol.

So no it is between the Warrior. King V, and Rhoads. I will probably go with whichever has my color in stock lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Viginez

Reaction score
i think the warrior has the better high fret access

Inazone

Reaction score
Are you looking at USAs or imports? I've had USA versions of the Rhoads and King V (and Soloist and Dinky) and the "speed neck" profile on the King V (which includes smaller frets) just didn't appeal to me at all. I believe that the USA Warrior has the same neck dimensions, while the Rhoads has a Soloist-style neck shape. No idea how the import versions of each are.

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Are you looking at USAs or imports? I've had USA versions of the Rhoads and King V (and Soloist and Dinky) and the "speed neck" profile on the King V (which includes smaller frets) just didn't appeal to me at all. I believe that the USA Warrior has the same neck dimensions, while the Rhoads has a Soloist-style neck shape. No idea how the import versions of each are.

I am looking at the USAs. I do like the soloist neck so if the Rhoads has one like that then I might go for it.

Reaction score
Ohh I see.

How does the normal s series fare against the prestige s series? Because over here. the pretige s series cost about $2200 whereas the s series cost about $1000. So I want to know if this jump in in price is equal to the quality?

On top of that, the bridges I heard are the same. Both uses a ZP2. apparently all the s series that comes in now is equipped with a ZP2.

Please advise.

The other guitarist in my old band had a Prestige S1625 which was a great guitar, but was not enormously different to other S Series I have played. The main difference was it had a piezo pickup and the finish was slicker, although the neck was probably faster. But in terms of setting up the tone and playability of the guitar, it was incredibly delicate and temperamental.

On the other hand, I play an ESP Custom Shop Horizon, and the neck speed and width I found to be identical with the Ibby. It has 24 frets, but the fret size was just right for me (I have smaller hands, and the ESP fret sizes were slightly smaller than S Series).

ESP wins hands down for me everytime, on comfort, tone and playability.

a curry

Reaction score
hey guys im new to this, and i want to get a seven string and i would like feed back on the guitars ive narrowed it down to.

ive narrowed it down to the guitars
jackson slat-7
esp nt-7
carvin dc727- mahogony body maple w/ walnut stripes neck, maple fret board no markers, floyd trem no locking nut, umber sunset burst flame top, stainless jumbo frets, rounded body sides, black hardware.

i like the carvin because of the customization it offers and the others only come in black and i really like flame tops. ive tried ibanez's and i hate them cause of the necks they make my hand cramp instantly. im a big fan of gibson necks and jackson necks. and from what i understand the the carvins have issues with changing pickups. i would want to put seymour duncan blackouts in. ive always wanted a carvin just its nearly impossible to find one to try out. and if anyone has any feed back on the carvin options i selected, the tuning will be drop A thanks and sorry for the long post, this is the first forum ive ever joined or anything.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
:welcome:

I'd go with the Carvin, the quality is going to be extremely good, and if you don't like it, you can send it back within 90 days (I think).

a curry

Reaction score
any idea of the pickup situation or what pickups will fit in with out mod's

a curry

Reaction score
ibanez 7 string necks are too flat and i have large hands but the s prestige 6 string necks are sick, also im a fan of neck throughs

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:

I'd go with the Carvin, the quality is going to be extremely good, and if you don't like it, you can send it back within 90 days (I think).

Try 10 days.

Carvins are probably the most guitar for your money by far in this case. I wouldn't go as far as extremely good, but they are definitely very good.

Any other pickups will require routing.

SW Davion

Reaction score
I vote K7.

I have used one for years.

That's it in the picture to the left <<<<<

Awesome.:shred:

When it comes to sustain though... even with the mahogony AND a tremelo block, it's honostly not as great as one would expect. My 7321 w/ a hardtail has endless sustain compared to the K7, I understand this is apples to oranges. Just thought I would toss that out there.

a curry

Reaction score
so how is the mahogony body maple fret board/neck sound for drop A 7 string

matisq

Reaction score
Hi,

Which one do you prefers as a first 7 string ESP LTD MH-417 or Ibanez Apex2 GS?
I would like bought new one. Generally I play metalcore/deathcore in A-drop (AEADGBE).
Currently I'm playing on 6 string witch EMG81/85 but I heard that passive DiMarzio PAF 7 from Ibanez are really cool.

Help :)

kris_jammage

Reaction score
For the style of music you play id say the LTD would suit more, but thats not saying you couldnt use the Apex for it. But straight out of the box id have the LTD.

Moltar

Reaction score
The PAF 7s are LOWER output pickups especially compared to an 81, but they are definitely not VERY low.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i personally wouldnt own a ltd. now if you had said esp my poll vote may have changed. but theres no comparison for me between the listed guitars :)

Latest posts

')