Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Mmm, me too, which was ORIGINALLY why I discovered ET Guitars. But then on their website they claimed that it would only be about $3000 for it in Australia. Including shipping and everything.

I can't say about ET's quality firsthand, though I did peruse them for possibility of a neck replacement when I had an RG1527. I have heard very good things about ET though.

Carvin is quite high quality. I'm not sure if I would put them dead up against Custom Shop quality but for semi-custom work its very good (better than anything I currently play).

I think more important in your decision making process here is which neck will you be more comfortable with? Carvin's necks are decidedly bigger than the Ibanez profile you'll get with ET. That's what I would use to make my decision were it me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lDEATHl

ss.org illRegular
Reaction score
2k for a KV2 vs 2k for a cutom built job?

KV2 vs Dean Angel of Deth?

klinic

Reaction score
I can't say about ET's quality firsthand, though I did peruse them for possibility of a neck replacement when I had an RG1527. I have heard very good things about ET though.

Carvin is quite high quality. I'm not sure if I would put them dead up against Custom Shop quality but for semi-custom work its very good (better than anything I currently play).

I think more important in your decision making process here is which neck will you be more comfortable with? Carvin's necks are decidedly bigger than the Ibanez profile you'll get with ET. That's what I would use to make my decision were it me.

Hmmm. :/ Maybe if I ring up Ibanez and ask REALLY nicely?

klinic

Reaction score
The Custom Shop part was meant to be highlighted. :/ I was implying that I beg them to make me a custom. :p

I know ET Guitars will get me the neck closest to what I want. :/ I was just pondering whether Carvin would get me that much closer to LACS quality that it would be worth the different neck type.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
The Custom Shop part was meant to be highlighted. :/ I was implying that I beg them to make me a custom. :p

I know ET Guitars will get me the neck closest to what I want. :/ I was just pondering whether Carvin would get me that much closer to LACS quality that it would be worth the different neck type.

As far as I've heard, ET's quality is outstanding and they use Ibanez designs, so I think they'd get much closer to LACS style & quality.

That's no to say Carvin's aren't great, as they are but they're really a different beast than a Ibanez (or ET)

klinic

Reaction score
As far as I've heard, ET's quality is outstanding and they use Ibanez designs, so I think they'd get much closer to LACS style & quality.

That's no to say Carvin's aren't great, as they are but they're really a different beast than a Ibanez (or ET)

Thanks for the reassurance. No matter how many times people keep telling me I can't shake off the worry that it just won't be close enough to LACS quality. :/

Dark_Matter

Reaction score
A custom made by a reputable luthier is always going to be good. Many customs are made to just as high of a standard as LACS customs are, you just need to make sure you go with the right custom shop.

Jogeta

Reaction score
i have heard that ET guitars are....... out of this world.

trolling.png

Reaction score
Sorry, this is the third time I'm posting this, but, I keep dropping it in the wrong places. Sorry guys, I'm a new comer.

Anyways...
I'm hoping my ss.org friends with experience with either/or/both guitars could give me some insight.
Please make a case, and let me know which one to pick & WHY?

Thanks people

space frog

Reaction score
^err... i would help if your message showed properly, but just as i see you dunno which one to choose btwn Blackjack and ESP. As I already said, I loved playing the blackjack. Having no experience with the ESP I can only say that you prolly wouldn't be disappointed with the Blackjack, but that depends on all the specs you want or not that i can't see since your message kinda bugs...

thuglyduckling2

weirdbeard
Reaction score
so ive been looking for a new 7 like crazy and ive weighed out a lot of options....i love ibanez i love how thin the necks are im aware this ibby stated is a bass wood body/shity pups but im cool with that pups are replaceable.
i looked into the loomis but figured its neck is close to the c-7 which i hate.....so after more lookin and what not i came across the rc7g...its looks pro and is advertised to have the "thinnest neck in the world" or some shit.. has anyone had experience with both of these guitars? could you recommend one over the other for just hands down better playability? AHHHHHHHHHH

help appreciated much love mike :fawk:

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
I've never tried a 2127, but the 1527 is as thick as my thumb, which is quite ridiculous when you think of it. Great neck.

thuglyduckling2

weirdbeard
Reaction score
@jeggs holy crap thats thin! how mch did you pay if you dont mind me asking and how does she play/sound? and as far as i know the g has taller frets or something i really dont know as i do not have much experience with this guitar

Jeggs

Reaction score
@jeggs holy crap thats thin! how mch did you pay if you dont mind me asking and how does she play/sound? and as far as i know the g has taller frets or something i really dont know as i do not have much experience with this guitar

Sorry, I was thinking of the RC7x(or something), this is the G model, with the funky graphics and stuff.
I bought it used, so payed around 1600usd(This actually pretty cheap compared to the price of a new one here in Norway).
It sounds great IMO, and it's so easy to play on I almost consider it cheating ^^

Latest posts

')