Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

thuglyduckling2

weirdbeard
Reaction score
Sorry, I was thinking of the RC7x(or something), this is the G model, with the funky graphics and stuff.
I bought it used, so payed around 1600usd(This actually pretty cheap compared to the price of a new one here in Norway).
It sounds great IMO, and it's so easy to play on I almost consider it cheating ^^
sorry for my stupidity but are you saying the model you are using in that picture is the rc7g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thuglyduckling2

weirdbeard
Reaction score
yea thats a steal lol.....last ?, how is the trem to that of an ibanez? and do you know the if the rc7x has a thicker neck?

Jeggs

Reaction score
yea thats a steal lol.....how is the trem to that of an ibanez?

I gotta say I actually prefer the Ibanez ones, but I have been playing on Ibanez' for 8 years before I bought this one. So my opinion might be a little brainwashed because of that.

I haven't had any problem with this tho, whatsoever. Always stays in perfect tune, even after I really rape the trem;)

thuglyduckling2

weirdbeard
Reaction score
lol sorry i edited the last question but i guess i didnt do it fast enough....anywho my last question was do you know the is the rc7x has a thicker neck?

Jeggs

Reaction score
I don't know tbh :( I think they are the same, but I have never played the rc7x, so I can't say for sure :/

Reaction score
I know decently the RC7s, the G series has the Lo Pro trem, they tried starting to put one on the RC7x but the dude who made them died recently (R.I.P.) and they are having legal issues with this. The graphics obivously. The G has alot bigger frets, but re fretting would be a shit load cheaper. The X is made in Japan, but the G is a high end model and is made in the U.S.A., if you can afford it, I'd say the G, I am saving my pennies to get a X series. Tell us what you decide to go with though! I hope to get my Z soon.

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
prefer older.

sorry for the noob question, but why do people like the older UVs over the new ones? i eventually wanna get a UV, but i personally dont like the fact that all of the old UVs have smaller frets. newer UVs have larger frets and also come stock with the lo-pro edge again... sounds like a nice deal... what am i missing?? was there a neck profile change or something like that?

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
RC7X vs RC7G, The RC7X neck is about 19.5mm at the 12th fret, while the RC7G neck is about 18-18.5mm. The frets are huge on the G, but not so much so on the X. The trem on the RC7G is the Lo TRS, and the one on the X is an OFR. The only other differences really, are on the G, the neck is sunk in lower, the back of the headstock is painted, the graphic, the back of the cutaway and lower horn are a little more sculpted, and the extra crop circle inlays.

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
Why don't you look for a used RG2127x or 2027x (rg series with piezos)

also mahogany-bodied

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
sorry for the noob question, but why do people like the older UVs over the new ones? i eventually wanna get a UV, but i personally dont like the fact that all of the old UVs have smaller frets. newer UVs have larger frets and also come stock with the lo-pro edge again... sounds like a nice deal... what am i missing?? was there a neck profile change or something like that?

The older UV necks are thinner, flatter, and as you mentioned, equipped with smaller frets. Some folks just prefer the older neck shape, I know I do.

Throw in the fact you can pick up a 90's UV for half the price of a new one.

A lot of it is aesthetic as well. The older UVs just looked so much cooler. :lol:

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
A lot of it is aesthetic as well. The older UVs just looked so much cooler. :lol:

i agree... UV7BK green dot is such a beautiful guitar.... what is neck profile like now? does it have less shoulders than older UVs ('flatter' to me = less round = more shoulders)

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
The older UV necks are thinner, flatter, and as you mentioned, equipped with smaller frets. Some folks just prefer the older neck shape, I know I do.

Throw in the fact you can pick up a 90's UV for half the price of a new one.

Everything that Max said is quoted with truth.

The neck is like Jennifer Aniston's legs. SEX, SEX, SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXX!!!!

jenlegs.jpg

')