Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the RGD2127z's from the ones I've tried out in stores. The necks are beyond comfortable and thin and the cut away is ridiculous!
However, I am a BIG Rusty Cooley fan and avid Dean Guitars nut which is why I am actually going to be purchasing a USA Dean RC7 this upcoming week. I will definitely come back to this thread with a review between the two guitars, if you want me to.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Alright, I got my USA RC7 today so I can tell you that, that is the route to go out of the two (in my opinion).

The biggest differences would be the necks on the two.
The RC7 has an extremely thin neck. The RGD does as well but it isn't quite this thin. I don't know how to explain it. It isn't like picking between a baseball bat and paper. It's more like picking between cardboard and paper...if that makes sense. haha
The scale length of the neck is a bit different as well. The RC7 has a 25.5' scale length and the RGD is an inch longer at 26.5'. It isn't a huge difference really. The stretches in your lower register are going to be a bit further but with a few hours of play you should adjust to it easily if you go that route.

BOTH guitars have DEEP cut aways so access to your upper register for solos and stuff is no problem AT ALL. I think both bodies are comfortable. The RC7 body is a little bit smaller than the RGD body from what I remember.

The pickups are also another difference. These depend on whether or not you want actives or passives. The RC7 has EMG 707's in it and the RGD has custom passives made specifically for the RGD series.

Regardless of what route you go, you won't be disappointed. Both guitars are incredible to say the least.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Need help choosing, BC Rich Jr V 7 (the purple), or trying to get an Epiphone V 7?

I'm planning to change pickups either way, so that's not an issue:)

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Which one the Damien Elite or the Omen Extreme? Based solely on looks. Pickups will be switched out for some rails in either one so don't take notice of the covered EMGs.

3db262babc62ef1ab4349be71055.jpg
Schecter%202010%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20Damien%20Elite%20See%20Thru%20Black%206-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

Sorry about the unnecessary thread in the guitar forum. It was just that I know some people don't like to make a post and would rather just click a vote button. Although posting here I'll probably get more people to chime in. Stupid making a thread. :rolleyes:

MistaSnowman

Play It LOUD!!!
Reaction score
Hi all...I'm a newbie to the forum and I need a little help in choosing my first 7; between the Ibanez RGA7 or Ibanez RG7321. Although I consider myself a novice, I like to play hard rock and blues. I am aware that the RGA7 has active pickups and RG7321 does not but outside of that, I know little else about the two. Any thoughts or advice are greatly appreciated. :shred:

space frog

Reaction score
Damien cuz it is a better guitar. Even though the pups dont matter, I reckon the build quality is better on the Damien.

Frogdit: I know you said based on looks, but both are as pretty to me, so i thought you might want to play it as well as watch it :p

Bouillestfu

Reaction score
I've been in the market for a 7-string for a while and the kind users over at Ultimate-Guitar guided me to this forum and to Rondo Music's Agile series. After drooling for countless hours in the catalog I've narrowed it down to 2 models. The Interceptor 727 EB Black Flame and the (Semi Custom) Ghost Pro.

From experience which would be a better model to navigate to? I've never used an Explorer Style guitar before. Are they comfortable to play (seated and standing)? Are both guitars well balanced; will the guitar tilt when strapped? Any advice is welcome.

Skanky

Reaction score
I own an Interceptor. Definitely comfy to play sitting and standing. Was lighter than I expected when I first got it, but then, I owned a Carvin V220T which weighed a ton. While standing (with a strap), I've never noticed this guitar wanting to 'tilt'. It's very easy to manage.

Sorry, Can't compare it to a Ghost for ya, but I give the Interceptor a big thumbs up for all other aspects.

sell2792

Reaction score
Both are excellent! I really like the shape of the Ghost compared to an Explorer. The only problem I could forsee with it though is possibly the neck dropping when you stand with it. Simple fix though, and I think getting the semi-custom options makes it the way to go if you dont mind waiting for it.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I would rather go with the Interceptor. :2c:

That being said, I have a custom Interceptor so take that with a grain of salt.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Septor Pro Elite (same as Interceptor only with a Hipshot bridge instead of the trem) and it is very comfy to play sitting or standing, I can't really say anything about the Ghost as I'm not really a fan of Explorer body shapes.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I have an explorer. Fun as hell to play standing, but sitting down I find them un-comfortable, and hard to play. So it comes down to if you sit and play a lot. Some people find explorer's comfy sitting down ( I can't imagine why though), so play a few explorer shaped guitars sitting/ standing and see if you like how it balances. Of course that will change from guitar and model, but can give you a rough idea.

Also don't the Ghost models have a shorter scale?

fireheart82

In Flames i was Born
Reaction score
i would buy Nile's guitar. it has the cool headstock as he says:)

')