Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

DMAallday

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm looking into getting another seven string but I need some help. I have a sc207 and I'm not to happy with it. I really cant complain tho, my buddy sold it to me for $50 and emgs in it. He keeps his guitar in his garage so the neck is completely messed up! So now I'm looking for a 607/607b or an agile. I played a 607 yesterday and was amazed by the neck size. I was shocked it was pretty thin. So my real question is stick with esp or will an agile play some what the same and have a similar neck?

thanks dudes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
LTD will have better build quality, higher quality woods, and better attention to detail. LTD.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
LTD will have better build quality, higher quality woods, and better attention to detail. LTD.

I'd disagree. If he was talking ESP, then this would be true. However, Agile and LTD are neck and neck with regard to all those things with a slight edge toward Agile in some cases.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Both brands are good, so I guess it would just come down to finding a guitar with the specs that you want. As far as sevens go, Agile has more options, as well as a custom order option a few times a year (more expensive, but still pretty affordable).

DMAallday

Reaction score
im not positive yet, but specs wise im more interested in the 607/607b in the natural finish. That one always caught my eye, I just need to find one now haha

guy in latvia

Reaction score
Id take the agile over the ltd simply because I cant stand having a midle humbucker, in the end it comes down to personal preference on the spex you need, quality wise the LTD will have the edge, but overall the Agile wins for me.

InfinityAndThree

Reaction score
im not positive yet, but specs wise im more interested in the 607/607b in the natural finish. That one always caught my eye, I just need to find one now haha
Yea I just scored a SC-607 Natural off eBay. It's my first 7, so I'm not the best judge, but I absolutely love it! Middle pickup dosen't get in the way at all really, and gives some really interesting tonal variations. It sounds great, and also looks awsome too. Especially in person. I'd definately advise finding a natural one, they look epic, and are (to my knowlege) the only ones made of mahogany (?). Although don't quote me on that. Any questions about the SC-607, just ask!

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Given the fact the last two 600 series LTDs I owned were dead planks I'd probably go for the Agile.

Strange since I almost never choose Agile between two or three choices. :lol:

DMAallday

Reaction score
Yea I just scored a SC-607 Natural off eBay. It's my first 7, so I'm not the best judge, but I absolutely love it! Middle pickup dosen't get in the way at all really, and gives some really interesting tonal variations. It sounds great, and also looks awsome too. Especially in person. I'd definately advise finding a natural one, they look epic, and are (to my knowlege) the only ones made of mahogany (?). Although don't quote me on that. Any questions about the SC-607, just ask!

Can I have yours? haha yeah dude iv'e been looking for that one. I love the look of the natural finish. I'm trying to find both because I wanna try a baritone!

InfinityAndThree

Reaction score
Can I have yours? haha yeah dude iv'e been looking for that one. I love the look of the natural finish. I'm trying to find both because I wanna try a baritone!
No! I love this thing! Good idea though to try both. I only went for the standard 'cos I found it on eBay. Haven't tried the baritone. However, I'm going to be tuning it to Drop A#, so the 25.5" scale isn't a problem. However, if you want to go a lot lower, then I've heared it might be a good idea to go for the baritone.

Skanky

Reaction score
I have both and like both.

Just some quick thoughts...

I wish the LTD had a 27" scale.
I wish the Agile had the huge frets that the LTD has.
I wish the LTD had no fretboard inlays like the Agile.

They both play great and look great.

Nimgoble

Wound tight
Reaction score
Any particular reason you're limiting the options to just LTD/Agile? I know some people in this thread have gotten a couple of lemons with LTD, but I've never tried a bad Deluxe. You could give the H-1007 a try. Never tried an Agile before, so I can't weigh in on those... Some of them look nice, though! :p

DMAallday

Reaction score
umm idk really. I have about 10 guitars and most are LTD. I love the neck on the 607 and trans purple with a reverse headstock got me interested in an agile. I don't to spend too much because I know I wont use it live with the band, just to mess around with. Honestly i'm looking for one with a super thin neck.....im open to suggestions!! :)

somniumaeternum

Reaction score
I just picked up an Agile 825 over the weekend. I was a bit skeptical about quality issues at first, but after I played it for a few minutes I really liked it and had to buy it :)

The guitar feels very solid, the finish isn't bad and attention to detail around the neck seems good.

Not too familiar with LTD (i've never owned one) so all I can really honestly say is I'd go with Agile again. Plus the main guy (ahh his name escapes me now) at Agile is fairly cool and will help you out as needed and responds quickly.

')