Votes: 22 53.7%

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters

InfinityAndThree

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure LTD is thinner. Althoug if you want really thin, why don't you look at ibanez?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skanky

Reaction score
Yeah, the LTD is thinner, but the Agile sure as heck isn't like a baseball bat! It's damn near perfect in every respect.

Nimgoble

Wound tight
Reaction score
umm idk really. I have about 10 guitars and most are LTD. I love the neck on the 607 and trans purple with a reverse headstock got me interested in an agile. I don't to spend too much because I know I wont use it live with the band, just to mess around with. Honestly i'm looking for one with a super thin neck.....im open to suggestions!! :)

Super thin neck? Extended scale?

Ibanez.com | Electric Guitars | RGD7321

You could wait to pick a used one of these up.

DMAallday

Reaction score
i haven't played much ibanez...are the necks that thin? and if the headstock was reversed i'd buy one right now haha!

lorenroger

RogerLoren
Reaction score
Hey Guys. I can't decide which among these 2 guitars I should buy.
Schecter Hellraiser C-7:hbang:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT707:scream:
I'm from India and both these guitars cost exactly the same i.e. Rs. 60,000 ($1300 or so) .
I like the features on both of them but i just can't choose :mad:
Please help me out!

pink freud

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I can't decide which among these 2 guitars I should buy.
Schecter Hellraiser C-7:hbang:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT707:scream:
I'm from India and both these guitars cost exactly the same i.e. Rs. 60,000 ($1300 or so) .
I like the features on both of them but i just can't choose :mad:
Please help me out!

My first instinct is to say neither guitar is worth $1300, but I'm not familiar enough with availability in your country.

If you like the features equally you should ask yourself if you prefer a more conservative shape or a radical shape. Then ask yourself if your answer in six months would be the same.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
I vote the Ibanez... It'll have a way thinner neck, and an amazing set of DiMarzio pickups which are extremely versatile. While the Hellraiser is nice too and has the EMG 707TW's, I don't like baseball-bats for a neck. I think the Ibanez over the Schecter.

Good luck, and happy NGD when you get it!:wavey:

lorenroger

RogerLoren
Reaction score
Thanks a million guys!
and lol India sucks. Everything here costs twice as much as it does in the US.

lorenroger

RogerLoren
Reaction score
One more thing.
If I buy the Ibanez and decide to upgrade to Active PUs , will I have to make additional room for a 9V battery? or will it just fit in the space that has the volume/tone controls?

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
The control cavity is usually big enough to hold it, you'll just have to get a little creative with how you arrange everything. I've seen a lot of guitars that use that method.

Good luck on your choice!

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Xiphos all the way. I really dislike the way a lot of Schecters feel. I don't know why...plus Ibanez makes some damn good guitars. I've played the Xiphos and it is really good.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Go with the Xiphos! It's waaay better if you ask me. Im sure it won't disapoint you :)

It has an awesome neck, and Dimarzio D-activator pickups.

Btw, why would you want to change them to active pups?

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
While the Schecter neck is thicker, the weakest part of it is the finish imo. It feels sticky and I can't stand that. I want very badly to like their guitars but I just can't seem to find one besides my old Hollywood Classic that I like.

Shrooms

THE WALLS ARE MELTIN
Reaction score
While the Schecter neck is thicker, the weakest part of it is the finish imo. It feels sticky and I can't stand that. I want very badly to like their guitars but I just can't seem to find one besides my old Hollywood Classic that I like.

Cover it with stickers!

/sarcasm.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
I just want to say the whole Schecter necks being baseball bats thing is half opinion and half girly hands, I'm fifteen and I think the Hellraiser neck is awesome for shredding :)

space frog

Reaction score
Schecter necks are really thick, but I love them. Dunno, I think their feel is great. I actually prefer a chubby neck to a neck that barely is thick enough to contain the truss rod.

Junnage

Reaction score
Looking to buy my first 7 string. I've played a bunch in the past, but have never got around to owning one.

I'm currently trying to choose between a EBMM BFR JP7 or a JPXI-7.

Any suggestions/advice?

Latest posts

')