Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

edlamb0306

Reaction score
Hi all! First post here. :wavey:

I'm struggling to decide between having an Agile (Std 727 with passives) shipped to me here in the UK, which would be around $700 or saving up a bit more and buying a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 which I can get for about £500 (about $800). What does everyone think? Is the Agile worth the hefty shipping + tax compared to the Schecter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shredguitar666

Reaction score
...continuation of my hunt for the next guitar.

Links to the two guitars mentioned in the subject:

IBANEZ RGD2127Z-ISH - Thomann danske Cyberstore

IBANEZ RGD7320Z-BKF - Thomann danske Cyberstore

They seem pretty alike to me, although there are some obvious differences:

1) The pickups

2) The neck (On the expensive model there is a prestige neck)

I am going to replace the pickups of whichever guitar I buy to: LiquiFire + Crunchlab or D-Activator, so really the only extra I get from buying the expensive guitar is a prestige neck. Is it really worth the extra bucks??

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
...continuation of my hunt for the next guitar.

Links to the two guitars mentioned in the subject:

IBANEZ RGD2127Z-ISH - Thomann danske Cyberstore

IBANEZ RGD7320Z-BKF - Thomann danske Cyberstore

They seem pretty alike to me, although there are some obvious differences:

1) The pickups

2) The neck (On the expensive model there is a prestige neck)

I am going to replace the pickups of whichever guitar I buy to: LiquiFire + Crunchlab or D-Activator, so really the only extra I get from buying the expensive guitar is a prestige neck. Is it really worth the extra bucks??

Its definitely worth the extra money if you can afford it. It has of course the Prestige neck and all the awesomeness that accompanies that (fret dressing, construction, comfort, durability) but also higher grade hardware all-around and far more likely to have higher quality wood. Constructions, fit & finish and overall QC is much higher.

If you can afford it, always go with the prestige.

Manticore

Banned
Reaction score
Always buy the Japanese model when ever possible

RGD019.jpg

Reaction score
trust us. rgd7320 is ok at best. the 2127z is amazing at worst. near perfect at best. the only thing on those guitars thats the same is the body shape.

rgd7320z: neck kinda sucks (just my opinion), cheaper woods, low quality control, cheap pickups, cheap bridge (which is ok, just not great), not-so-good frets and wont last as long

rgd2127z: AMAZING neck, high quality woods, top of the line quality control, good pickups (though you want CL/LF anyway so doesnt matter), AMAZING bridge, great fret treatment and will last 50 years if you want

which is the better option? i think that the price that ibanez is giving for the rgd2127z is a steal for how good of a guitar it really is

klinic

Reaction score
I have been trying to get a Seven String built for me for ages... But I eventually gave up on getting what I wanted in Australia and started looking for Ibanez Universes. Also turned out to be a disaster.

Anyway, I've been getting into some Animals as Leaders, as well as some Jazz lately. And I really love Tosin Abasis clean playing with the 8 string. Some awesome chord voicing and phrasing ideas.

And, well, now I'm wondering if 7 will be enough. -.-; I mean, ideally, I plan to play with a bass player and there doesn't seem to be anything of the Universe's calibre in an 8 string. Anywhere. :/ Will it be enough?

wick001

Reaction score
ESP H-1007 vs. Schecter C7 Custom. Both look great. The main difference is the 26.5 scale on the Schecter vs. 25.5 on esp & active on esp vs passive on schecter.

What would you choose? Why?

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Prod...C-7-Custom.aspx
Schecter C-7 Custom | Sweetwater.com

Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource.jpg

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/l...uxe/h-1007.html

H-1007_STBLK.jpg

Marshall 1960B Cab
Schecter C1-Elite w/Duncan Distortions
Hardwire Reverb/Delay

Kabstract

Flamenco is cool
Reaction score
I like passives more, more variety if you want to change. EMG 7's use bass sizing, so if you don't like them later on, it'll be odd to work with.

The guitars are gonna be super similar overall though, so decide if you want EMGs for sure, or a range of passives.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
I like the ltd better. Better upper fret access and I have always liked ltds necks better than Schecters. They don't feel as thick. The passives in the Schecter are a plus, but I can get over the fact that the ltd has actives. Ltds have ALWAYS played and sounded better to me than Schecters. Just me though.

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
I like the look of the LTD better, and qualitywise they are probably the same. I would put blackouts in the LTD if i got it, and I would put some dimarzios in the schecter if i got it. Go for the LTD.

Rotatous

Reaction score
I think the LTD looks a bit better, but spec-wise I'd rather have the Schecter. I'd much prefer the passive pickups and extended scale length.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I played the floyded version of the LTD a while back aand was very tempted to take it home with me.
super comfy neck , adn very good looking quality.

TGI11

Reaction score
So, I'm planning to buy a new 7-string...

The problem is that I'm having a difficult time choosing between Ibanez and Agile.

The guitars I'm interested are

Agile Interceptor pro 727
interceptorpro727mnnatsatindot1.jpg

and

Ibanez RG1527-m
RG1527MGW.jpg

I've heard great things about both guitars...

Which one would you recommend for me?

I enjoy playing djenty stuff in pretty low tunings... would the 25'5 inch scale neck on the Ibanez work for that? I'm also not the biggest guy, so would the 27 inch baritone neck on the agile suit me well? I'm also interested that if I would by either guitar, is it necessary to change the pickups to EMG 707's etc.? And finally, is the Floyd rose bridge on the Agile any good? I've heard a lot of mixed feelings about it...

Thanks for the help...
-Alex

soliloquy

Reaction score
i dont have the agile 7 stringer any more, but i still have 2 other agiles (al 3000 and al3100). if you're in or around mississauga, you can try em out to see the quality of agiles.

')