Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Gamma362

Loomis Fanboy
Reaction score
I prefer ESP as company so I would go with the ESP. I don't mind actives and I prefer the necks on LTDs versus Schecters.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Not a single doubt on my mind, H-1007!
I've owned a c-7 and like is well known around it's a baseball bat of a neck.
Actually I'm gasing for one of those ltd's as well, d finishing details are quite impressive.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
My Ibanezes are nicer than my Agiles, but the Agiles have better specs. They're all decent guitars. 25.5" will work, depending on how low you're planning on tuning and what kind of strings you like, but 27" isn't a huge stretch.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
dude, the Ibanez is gonna be a better instrument with at least some resale value, as opposed to the Agile, that is probably gonna have shoddy fretwork, cheap finishes, and cheaper hardware and electronics. My .02

soliloquy

Reaction score
dude, the Ibanez is gonna be a better instrument with at least some resale value, as opposed to the Agile, that is probably gonna have shoddy fretwork, cheap finishes, and cheaper hardware and electronics. My .02

have you ever owned an agile?

i've owned 4, and each and every one of them had amazing fret work, in fact, some of the best fret work i've found under the 800d dollar mark. their finishes have been incredible and beautifully executed. and their hardware and electronics have been on par with LTD EC1000 line or Schecter of equal value.

and i have just one ibanez, but have tried numerous, and can say that they are just too different to even be compared to agile. but spec wise, the agiles are better built on paper. and that is true until you hit the prestige and premium line....

not saying that agiles are the greatest guitars out there, but you're a bit off

theicon2125

Reaction score
I would probably go for the LTD. That is if you are planning on keeping it stock. If you are going to mod it I would go for the Schecter (26.5 scale :wub:) toss some duncan Full Shreds or Invaders in there and you will have one monster of a guitar.

beneharris

Reaction score
i agree ^

the fretwork on my intrepid is better used than the fretwork on my damien-7 elite was new. they may have a few QC issues that have popped up on here, but really, they are fewer than you make it sound

areyna21

Reaction score
I like them both but ltd guitars have always been a bit more comfortable to me so i would go with the h-1007.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
I really like the look of the esp, BUT, the schecter has passives, 25.6" calse and most importantly to me, an ebony board. In other words, I'd personaly get the schecter.

klinic

Reaction score
So, I'm planning to buy a new 7-string...

The problem is that I'm having a difficult time choosing between Ibanez and Agile.

The guitars I'm interested are

Agile Interceptor pro 727
interceptorpro727mnnatsatindot1.jpg

and

Ibanez RG1527-m
RG1527MGW.jpg

I've heard great things about both guitars...

Which one would you recommend for me?

I enjoy playing djenty stuff in pretty low tunings... would the 25'5 inch scale neck on the Ibanez work for that? I'm also not the biggest guy, so would the 27 inch baritone neck on the agile suit me well? I'm also interested that if I would by either guitar, is it necessary to change the pickups to EMG 707's etc.? And finally, is the Floyd rose bridge on the Agile any good? I've heard a lot of mixed feelings about it...

Thanks for the help...
-Alex

The 1527 is a really good guitar... Definitely get the Ibanez if it's between those two.

klinic

Reaction score
get the 8. it has both a 6 and a 7 string built in. its enough and more

It's more of 'a' 8 then 'the' 8.

I don't really think there is an 8 that is of the same standard as the Universe...

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I have the C-1 custom so I would recommend the C-7. Those guitars are quite similar though apart from the pickups/frets etc. The C-7 has medium frets while the ESP has extra jumbo which you might want to take into account when choosing. With some BKP/Dimarzios the C-7 will sing.

Dvaienat

Reaction score
I'd go Schecter, personally. Big neck and looks loads classier.

Both guitars have the same materials, so it comes down to EMGs vs Duncans and thin neck vs thick neck 26.5 vs 25.5 and medium vs jumbo frets. Depends on which you prefer.

unclejemima218

190 Proof
Reaction score
the ESP has my vote! I think it looks way cooler for some reason. even though they both look very similar. But either way, whichever route you take, they're both super nice guitars so I'm sure you wouldn't be let down by either.

edit: also I don't much care for huge inlays, so that would rule out the Schecter for me.

Reaction score
It's more of 'a' 8 then 'the' 8.

I don't really think there is an 8 that is of the same standard as the Universe...

i didnt read the details of the post. i just caught "will 8 be enough" so that was my answer. but id say the rg2228 would compare to a universe. not in feel or anything but definately in quality (accept for those damn EMG's). the universe is only about another step up in quality

wick001

Reaction score
I am looking for a fixed bridge, set neck, jumbo fret, humbucking, string-thru awesome 6-string that can handle low tunings for heavy chunky rhythms for around $500.

Currently looking at these 2 guitars... what do you think?

RG321MHMOL.jpg

Ibanez.com | Electric Guitars | RG321MH

I would change the pickups to Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire Total around: $360

SPECS
Neck Material: 3pc Maple
Neck Type: Wizard II
Body: Mahogany body
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: Pearl dot inlay
Bridge: Gibraltar Standard bridge
NeckPU: INF3
BridgePU: INF4

vs

EC-401VF_TSB.jpg

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/l...e/ec-401vf.html
$499

Set-Neck Construction
24.75" Scale
Mahogany Body
Flamed Maple Top
Mahogany Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
42mm Standard Nut
Thin U Neck Contour

22 XJ Frets
Chrome Hardware
Grover Tuners
TOM Bridge & Tailpiece
Seymour Duncan JB (B) / '59 (N) p.u
Marshall 1960B Cab
Schecter C1-Elite w/Duncan Distortions
Hardwire Reverb/Delay
Boss PS-6 Harmonist
EHX Big Muff Pi

soliloquy

Reaction score
ibanez RG321!
great great guitars
very light
very versatile
and amazing play-ability on em too. very comfy guitars.
and used you can find em for even cheaper. around 200ish. i've seen em for a hundred on ebay from time to time as well....

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Go the ESP man. Bit more 'rockin' in appearance IMO.
I must say though it's refreshing seeing someone want to play Soundgarden. Creed, not so much.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
between those 2....hands fing down the ltd, no need for a pup swap ;)

Latest posts

')