Votes: 22 53.7%

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Coming from an avid and long-time ESP fan, user and collector, I take the H1007 over the Schecter ANY day. The H1007 has a way better feeling neck than the typical baseball bat Schecter neck, and the EMG's are capable of anything you throw at them.

My vote is the ESP! :hbang::yesway::agreed:

acousticnewb

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Im looking to get my son his first acoustic guitar. Im looking between two beginner guitar sets, can you give me some input on which is better?

Fender DG-8S Acoustic Guitar Value Pack and more Value Package Acoustic Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

Epiphone DR-90T Acoustic Guitar Pack and more 6 String Acoustic Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

any help is much appreciated as I have no idea what to look for! the only difference i see is that one comes with a bag, and the other comes with a wall hanger and a built in tuner. other than that, they both have tuners and picks and straps.. which guitar is better?

ImN0tTelling

Reaction score
I've been looking around at 7's for awhile, and after looking through the forums here and elsewhere I've sorta narrowed it down to these two. From what I understand they're extremely similar, but I'm wondering about the quality of each, stuff like the fretwork, overall durabilty, etc between the two. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Infamous Impact

Reaction score
The 1527 has softer frets and the Prestige logo, and the 7620's cheaper, but otherwise they're the same.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As far as build, fretwork, and quality of components goes the RG7620 and RG1527 are equals.

I've owned three RG1527 and six RG7620s so I'm speaking from experience.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Well, I can say that I preferred my 1527 to the 7420 I have currently. The 1527 neck was slightly bigger, a touch more rounded and overall more comfy to me personally. Obviously some prefer the thinner neck.

The quality and fretwork are roughly the same from what I can tell. The quality of the hardware between a 7620 and 1527 should be roughly the same, just depends on what bridge type you prefer.

DanKofKorriban

Reaction score
Hi Sevenstring community,

Well as a newbie/hopeful to the world of sevenstring guitars, and this forum of course, I'm planning to buy a 7-string--duh ;). But, I'm having trouble narrowing down my choices. I've been looking at both a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR and an ESP LTD H-1007, some comparable Ibanez', and don't know which would be the best choice. That being said, I'm everyone here can give me some opinions/ideas. I plan for this new guitar to be my metal machine; my current axe is a Les Paul Studio w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded hooked into SD triple-shot switching system. I love my current guitar/setup, but it just isn't built for metal much--at least not the type I wan't to be into. Plus, constantly changing the tuning gets very annoying; this new axe I want to have heavy gauge strings and setup for down tunings. Anyway, that's the plan; any reviews, opinions, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated. \m/ :hbang::hbang: \m/

ukasheq

Reaction score
Hi there ! ^^

Guess its my first post on this forum, but I've been watching it for about two years so hello ;)

I have a little problem. I'm thinking about one of those axes. What i need is good attack, dynamics, very meatful juicy distortion signal from the axe. Music which I'm going to play is djent/progressive/deathcore/metalcore/whatevertechnicalsoundingcore. Now here's the problem. Personally I like Blackjack's Atx walnut satin finish most ! So for me ATX > hellraiser. But there's problem with loomis. Everyone from my homies in my country (Poland) is telling me to take Loomis (most of them own both models, or used to have them in past). I'm a little bit confused. What i don't like in this axe is light colour of fretboard. Ash vs mahogany body? Please give me your reflections of playing on both models, some details you know what i mean (i have gas for this axes).

Last question. I want to ship this guitar to my country from USA. Does big usa online shops like Guitarcenter.com etc give to this models case included with price? Once ive seen video on youtubie from unpacking schecter damien elite 8 and it was packed in schecter case within the package.

Thanks a lot, cheers from Poland
Luke.

Reaction score
First I'd go for Esp Ltd h-1007 it's cheaper than d loomis and better axe overall.

If you must go Schecter, go for de hellraiser in cherry, you get a decent maple top & emg 707tw. I find maple board (loomis) 2 soft fot technical metal playing and in d atx you don't get d quilted cap or d option 2 split coils.
Last note, check d c-7 custom.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
First I'd go for Esp Ltd h-1007 it's cheaper than d loomis and better axe overall.

If you must go Schecter, go for de hellraiser in cherry, you get a decent maple top & emg 707tw. I find maple board (loomis) 2 soft fot technical metal playing and in d atx you don't get d quilted cap or d option 2 split coils.
Last note, check d c-7 custom.

U dont get a decent maple top wit d red Hellraiser. U get a cheap veneer. Schecter fooled U. It was their intention as it is always a guitar companies intention for U 2 assume that its a decent maple top when its only a veneer. Its what they want U 2 assume.

Reaction score
I said decent not great, It's not hard 2 tell d difference in d depth.
For a veneer it has a reasonable thickness better tha d tokai I had, but miles away from my current carvin, massive cap.
If not in sound in looks it shows. (c-7 cherry)

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Does big usa online shops like Guitarcenter.com etc give to this models case included with price?
every store, and every guitar from them, can be different. Do yourself a favor and actually read the description to see what comes with it, a lesson that will help you A LOT in life in general.

Reaction score
C-7's usually do not come w/ case, but like said b4 you should check any particular store.
Another thing, get 2 know d importing fees and taxes aplied in your country, might not be a good idea 2 order one from d US.

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
If you had to sell all of your guitars, and keep either an Ibanez S5470F or an Ibanez RGA321FM, which one would you choose? Just a curious question :D

')