Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

getzman

Reaction score
Too make a long story short this is my first seven. And i cant decide between these two, a Schecter Demon 7 FR or an ibanez s7420. Seems a fair match maybe with the ibanez with a little bit of an edge here (IMO). But the schecter is not as pricey as the ibanez and i was wondering if the price difference is really worth the difference in quality. I live in india where finding a 7 is pretty hard. I just briefly got to hold both these guitars at a shop and kind of liked both of them again. The schecter was little lighter with the difference in wood and like the overall feel of both but i have small hands so with the slightly larger scale width of the schecter i did find it somewat uncomfortable reaching higher notes. I wish to hear other peoples opinions on these guitars and may be i will go try it out again a couple of times at that shop. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
The longer scale of the schecter could be a real benefit for you in the end, because having the extra inch allows you to tune down pretty low before things get flubby if you choose to do so. You will also stretch out them little fingers a bit as you play, which is always good. The farther you can stretch, the better! However, if you do have little hands to the point where its just flat uncomfortable to play then the ibanez is for you. they have Nice flat necks that are really easy to get used to. What kinds of music will you be into playing?

edsped

Reaction score
I'm incredibly biased because I strongly dislike any scale length greater than 25.5" and I also own an S7420 that I'm really happy with. So I'm gonna say S7420!

getzman

Reaction score
I think i may go in for the schecter. Tho i am not sure if it has active or passives. i like passives because they dont need a battery.. :p just kidding..is the ibanez neck comparable to other s-series necks? what i mean is do the necks feel similar to other 6 string versions. obviously its going to be a bit thicker but i need to get an idea of the kind of neck the s7420 because the store i went to doesnt have the guitar in stock. they need to order it apparently and he will order it if only i place an order (dont ask, its total BS but i want a 7 badly..). so is playing another s series (not a 7) give me a good enough approximation of the seven string version to base this decision on?
i think i maybe over complicating my situation. :nuts: but yeah i think its valid coz i cant really try out both the guitars and decide..and i want a good solid guitar...first sevens are a special thing ya know?:wallbash:

@Darkstar124 i mostly play metal... but always like to jam on a nice clean tone once in a while. nothing too muddy and nothing too soft... like the compressed sort of tone that the guitarist of periphery uses but i guess he uses different pickups(and guitars) altogether. a good balance would do for me.. i take your point on the extra inch on the neck could really work out for me because i like to tune pretty low and not get too muddy on the cleaner tones...and the stretching point.

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
like the title says, these are my 3 choices:

ESP/LTD SC-207
Schecter Omen Extreme 7
Ibanez RG7321

all are $399 - I'm disabled, which equates to perpetually poor :rolleyes: , so I can't go any higher really. The fact that I have any gear at all is something of an accomplishment...

The specs are virtually the same, although the Ibby does have the slightly thinner neck(only by a millimeter here and there, according to the websites), but the Omen has a mahogany body & the binding all around, which I really dig. It also has coil-tapping, but I don't really care about that. Style-wise, the RG7321 is abit 'meh', at least compared to the other two... the SC-207 looks pretty fierce, even though I could care less about the Deftones. hehehe :lol:

I'll be playing it thru my GSP1101 rack unit, planning on using it for Cannibal Corpse, Hate Eternal, Morbid Angel, etc. type stuff...

thoughts, opinions, experiences?

thanks in advance,
Tony

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
like the title says, these are my 3 choices:

ESP/LTD SC-207
Schecter Omen Extreme 7
Ibanez RG7321

all are $399 - I'm disabled, which equates to perpetually poor :rolleyes: , so I can't go any higher really. The fact that I have any gear at all is something of an accomplishment...

The specs are virtually the same, although the Ibby does have the slightly thinner neck(only by a millimeter here and there, according to the websites), but the Omen has a mahogany body & the binding all around, which I really dig. It also has coil-tapping, but I don't really care about that. Style-wise, the RG7321 is abit 'meh', at least compared to the other two... the SC-207 looks pretty fierce, even though I could care less about the Deftones. hehehe :lol:

I'll be playing it thru my GSP1101 rack unit, planning on using it for Cannibal Corpse, Hate Eternal, Morbid Angel, etc. type stuff...

thoughts, opinions, experiences?

thanks in advance,
Tony

I really like Ibby necks, especially compared to those other two. I would look online for a used 7420/7421, you can get one withing your price range easily. They have a better neck than the 7321, so it's worth a look.

Nazca

Reaction score
I finally have enough money saved for a Petrucci sig. Question is, which one???

JP6
JP6 BFR
JPXI

I played the JPX and didn't like the 5 way selector switch. I did like the feel of the guitar, the neck shape and the body size/shape.
Never played any of the others.

I'm aiming these questions to those that have played all variants. Although those with experience of any are welcome to answer if they wish.

How does the flat fretboard radius of JPXI compare to the others?
Do you notice a difference between SS frets and the others?
What's the scoop on the JP6 like?
How does the tone differ between the JP6 and the BFRs (different woods)
How do the painted necks feel on the BFRs compared to the JP6?
How do body shape/size feel

Which do you prefer?

I currently own 2 Ibanez guitars (RG7421, RGA121), just so you know as a reference.

Thanks!

Marrblade

Reaction score
I have my custom guitar choice narrowed down to these 2 companies because I dig their work and they can both deal with my budget range. Anybody with experience with either company wanna give their :2c: ?

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
There are others under that budget range, so ya know. Any particular reason you singled those two out?

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
')