Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
I hVe had three mayones now. Just got my third. In like a month and a half. I keep passing them on quickly. They are my second favorite brand only to Caparison. I plan on mayones being my next custom order without question. Build quality is exceptional.

Marrblade

Reaction score
Well because my budget is around 1500. Strictly is willing to work with me there. I was looking at mayones because they're supposed to have some of the best craftsmanship and setup out of the factory. But that's all based on what i've heard. I'm all ears for other suggestions, but keep in mind, 1500 buckaroos. Carvin is on the list too. Gotta support local san diego companies. :yes way:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
You won't get a Mayones for $1500, you'd struggle to get one for £1500!

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Well because my budget is around 1500. Strictly is willing to work with me there. I was looking at mayones because they're supposed to have some of the best craftsmanship and setup out of the factory. But that's all based on what i've heard. I'm all ears for other suggestions, but keep in mind, 1500 buckaroos. Carvin is on the list too. Gotta support local san diego companies. :yes way:

You would be much better off with the carvin, and it will get done a lot faster too. Sure you don't get as many options (namely scale length), but the carvin is a far superior instrument, and I only rate carvins as good not great (aside from the one bass I have of theirs , that one is great, I have owned 2 of their guitars, still have one). I briefly had a S7G also.

Marrblade

Reaction score
So carvin or siggery ? How is marty's work over at siggery guitars ? Aybody have examples. I know fred the shred rocks siggery guitars.

Guitar-dude

Reaction score
Hey I’ve wanted a string 7 for ages now and i can finally get one but now I’ve run into a problem I’ve found a few guitars I’m interested in ,I’ve been playing for 5 years now but have only played a few seven strings in that time so i really just need an idea of what the necks are like to the guitars i play now. I love B C rich guitars :hbang:

I have a warlock and love it to bits everything about it the feel of the neck the sound even from the stock pickups the contrast between is clean and distortion sounds but they only have the nj deluxe, jvr 7 and the Kerry king 7 string model all around $600 to $1000 plus finding a site were they can ship to were i live is very hard so i might get lucky and found such a site then most of my problems will be solved but then again :wallbash:

I've told people this and just bag out B C rich as crap guitars and tell me to get an Ibanez which i don’t mind i guess there nice to play but a bit uncomfortable to play in places for me like the feeling of the neck and body so Ibanez is sort of off the list for now, then i hear mixed things about the Jackson.

Christian Olde Wolbers Signature 7-string is that any good and there is still a problem about shipping fucking damn it :scream:.Jeff Loomis Signature c7 fr looks very nice but all the schecters ive played the necks are a bit to D shaped for what im used to but i realized the exilence of this guitar so i rang the only music shop close to were i live which sell schecter guitars it turns out they cant get anymore and the closest thing to it is the schecter blackjack axt c7 ($1700 without a case ) or a hellraiser ($1300 to $1800) i cant spend this money on a guitar even if i had it dont get me wrong i love guitar but thats a lot of money for me.

So schecter is ok i might just have to get a cheaper one and get use to the neck. One of my mates had a agile 8 string which i loved it felt comfortable like between the Ibanez and schecter necks so im very interested in purchasing one and i am looking at a custom septor elite which will be shipped in april next year :mad:

But only just over $900 with shipping so that’s solved the problem of shipping it to me :bowdown: i think the price so good as well you get a case plus it has everything i want to do to it (hence custom made) i can chose what scale of the neck which finish which pickups etc so this has made me want to find out some more info about there 7 string they wouldn’t be much different from there 8 string models would they . im so used to my warlocks neck what should i do can anyone suggest a guitar which a similar feel as a B C rich but could be easier to found and ship or should i keep looking for a place which can ship either B C rich or Jackson or just go for the agile.

The schecters as i said are really well made but i haven’t felt comfortable playing one should i just get one and get use to it im very confused and it would be great if someone could help me
:shred::hbang::shred:

EDIT: Made legible by djpharoah :yesway:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No joke, I couldn't even make it 1/3 of the way through that. Props to anyone who can. :agreed:

Marrblade

Reaction score
I looked over the archives but I couldn't find this topic. Both have similiar prices but I don't know a whole lot about RAN. Can anybody fill me on on quality or link me to a review or something like that. How would you compare build quality. I've played carvins before and I like them, but RAN seems promising.

FACTORY

Manufacture
Reaction score
Good question, well there is always the much lower prices with USA Carvin and much shorter build time + satisfaction guaranteed or most of your money back (depending). On the other hand, Ran will build almost what ever you want so long as you have a large wallet (aka lots a $$$$) but their build time is lengthy being a about a year give or take minimum and I'm not sure if they have quite the same satisfaction guaranteed policy as USA Carvin. I heard a rumor that if you bribe Ran with an extra grand or so they will put a rush on the guitar and have it built in 3 to 4 months or less, its probably just that though--> a rumor.

PS: It is said that they both have an equally high quality rating. :shred:

carvin-logo.jpg
VS
images

soliloquy

Reaction score
also, keep in mind that carvin is rather limited in what they can make. its only the stuff that is provided on their website that they can make. while RAN can make anything and everything with whatever inlay material, body shapes, woods etc etc...

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah in the US RAN is a MUCH more expensive option than Carvin. They can do a lot more, but it will certainly cost you. If you are wanting to go to a truer custom shop guitar BRJ and KxK are much better option in the US. Bernie even has reasonable wait times.

')