Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bernie even has reasonable wait times.

How so? It's looking like BRJ's wait times are one to two years. Not to mention he's in a HUGE backlog. He still needs to ship the 100+ Black Friday Run guitars that are about eight months late.

I'm not saying that waiting a year or two for a custom is unreasonable, my build is esitmated at 18 months with a builder, but we're talking about a builder who has a giant backlog on top of what was already 18 to 24 month build times. I can't say that KxK is significantly better, or the same about RAN. Though, I wouldn't tout BRJ's build times as anything special. :2c:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
If your budget is at $1500 that pretty much leaves you at Carvin or Strictly 7. It also keeps you fairly barebones as far as options go. If you really want to go custom save another $500 or so. If i were you I would save a couple hundred more and look put for used BRJ's.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
How so? It's looking like BRJ's wait times are one to two years. Not to mention he's in a HUGE backlog. He still needs to ship the 100+ Black Friday Run guitars that are about eight months late.

I'm not saying that waiting a year or two for a custom is unreasonable, my build is esitmated at 18 months with a builder, but we're talking about a builder who has a giant backlog on top of what was already 18 to 24 month build times. I can't say that KxK is significantly better, or the same about RAN. Though, I wouldn't tout BRJ's build times as anything special. :2c:

Ok well he used to have reasonable wait times. Didn't realize he was so backlogged. Sorry. Honestly I don't see why people wait so long to get these custom built guitars. Typically they wait a year or more, then they get it and rave how amazing it is and it's the best thing they ever played. Then a month later they sell it, take a significant loss bc most customs have shit for resale value, then they buy another production guitar. There are some truly fantastic production guitars out there EBMM, PRS, Ibby Prestige, ESP, USA Jackson. You can buy one today!!!

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Ok well he used to have reasonable wait times. Didn't realize he was so backlogged. Sorry. Honestly I don't see why people wait so long to get these custom built guitars. Typically they wait a year or more, then they get it and rave how amazing it is and it's the best thing they ever played. Then a month later they sell it, take a significant loss bc most customs have shit for resale value, then they buy another production guitar. There are some truly fantastic production guitars out there EBMM, PRS, Ibby Prestige, ESP, USA Jackson. You can buy one today!!!

Yellowv I completely agree with you man.

I never could get into Custom guitars honestly. I have been happiest with my Ibanez Prestiges and USA Jacksons, and just recently ESPs and EBMMs as well. I can get it now and it will be a high quality instrument. I have picked up Suhrs, Melancons, Gadow, Carvin ect...I could never get into them. But this is just me I am sure a lot of people feel differently.

What I do not get is why people assume that all these custom companies make perfect guitars 100 percent of the time, when we have seen some of these companies have had their share of screw ups ?

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
The point of getting a custom is to get what you want and compare the relative price you would pay from a brand custom shop. Even though my current custom order is pricey, it's still nothing compared to what the Jackson CS would have asked to build my guitar. (It's a RR shape)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Because a lot of guys want custom guitars for the hell of it. Just look at all the customs ordered built to Ibanez, ESP, PRS, ect. specs. Most "customs" I see on here have the same specs as a lot of production guitars, or just very minor, almost unnoticeable changes, like a simple fretboard wood change or finish variation.

There seems to be this mystique around custom instruments. A lot of folks truly believe that they are, without a doubt, the best out there as far a quality goes. Just because they're "unique", expensive, and take long to time to get. Honestly, I've played production J.Customs, Private Stocks, and BFRs with materials and fretwork that would DESTROY some custom instruments, even ones topping the $8k mark.

You buy a custom because you need/want something unique. Not because you're chasing dragons.

metaldude5

Reaction score
I've been looking into seven strings for my birthday present, my limit is about 1000, so i would like to know which is better, i play in a heavy metal band was melodic death metal but going to be turning into somthing else not sure yet though but not the point, i would like to know which is better, a schecter hellraiser c-7 special, or an agile interceptor pro 727 or a 725? ive only played a schecter damien elite 7string before at guitar center and i really liked the tone i got from it, but i want something thats thru body or set neck, so anyone with personal experiance with anything all comments are a great help thanks

:shred:

quaned

Reaction score
I've played a C7 Blackjack ATX and the Hellraiser 2 or so years ago, I preferred the ATX, as the pickups were a tad better imo, and I also didn't like the painted neck on the Hellraiser.

I don't have any experience with Agiles, but I've heard they're good guitars for your buck.

I'd recommend you check out the LTD MH417 also.

jaketheripper

Reaction score
I've been looking into seven strings for my birthday present, my limit is about 1000, so i would like to know which is better, i play in a heavy metal band was melodic death metal but going to be turning into somthing else not sure yet though but not the point, i would like to know which is better, a schecter hellraiser c-7 special, or an agile interceptor pro 727 or a 725? ive only played a schecter damien elite 7string before at guitar center and i really liked the tone i got from it, but i want something thats thru body or set neck, so anyone with personal experiance with anything all comments are a great help thanks

:shred:
I am really happy with my hellraiser.

mika ale

Reaction score
Hi...
Having been playing Ibanez 7strings guitars for a while, I'm looking now at jackson soloist7 for my rythm guitar.
What are the differences between these two necks? I know the differences about the bodies and their woods, but, i'm really worried about the neck and the playability.
thanks for your answers

metaldude5

Reaction score
I've played a C7 Blackjack ATX and the Hellraiser 2 or so years ago, I preferred the ATX, as the pickups were a tad better imo, and I also didn't like the painted neck on the Hellraiser.

I don't have any experience with Agiles, but I've heard they're good guitars for your buck.

yeah i was looking at the blackjack as well cuz i hear blackouts are great but i played a blackjack atx guitar at guitar center and idk what it was but all the low end stuff sounded muddy to me and i always hear blackout are amazing and all the stuff on youtube from recordings sound great so i assume the batter was just dead, thank you for the input :D

metaldude5

Reaction score

oh and how do u feel about the neck shape and width on the atx? im used to playing with my ltd with a thin u shape and i hear the neck on blackjacks are thick but im a rhythm guitarist so its not a huge issue im just more comfortable with thin necks.

Reaction score
So I want to build my own Carvin Holdsworth signature guitar, in the future.
What is the difference between the H2 and the HF2?

Carrionn

Reaction score
Hey everyone this is my first thread so go easy :D

I'm currently in the process of investing into a seven string and have cut down my choices to a couple guitars, I know it's what guitar feels right for the player, but I don't want to spend $1500 odd Australian dollars and regret it.

So these are my favourites that are left;

Schecter - Chris Garza Signature
Schecter - Hellraiser C-7 Fixed Bridge/FR
Guerilla M-SR7 (Guerilla M-SR7 Root 7-String Custom Shop Guitar *NEW* | eBay)

Please just tell me which ones look/play the best from your experience and such,

Thanks a tonne!

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
i love schecter, but you are comparing it to a guerilla...so yeah

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
If money isn't an issue, go with the Guerilla, but keep in mind that the Guerilla (around here) cost about 1,500$US more than the Hellraiser, so you can expect it to be better built. That being said, the Shecters are good guitar for the price, but the Guerilla is on another level

Blood Ghost

Reaction score
Looking for a recent Ty Tabor/King's X type of sound out of my project strat's bridge, with the ability to run full-hum, split and parallel via a mini toggle.

I love Duncans, so should I get a Hot Rails, Cool Rails or a Hot Stack Plus?

')