Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ardez

ThePolarBearBrawler
Reaction score
Hi bros,

gonna buy my first 7string but need some advice. I know all the 'test them and pick the one that you like most' -shit haha :D I'm only asking about the quality of these two. Both are made in Indonesia (IIRC) so are there any huge differences? The other thing is the 25'' scale in the ARZ. I'm not so much into super dropped tunings. Maybe drop B is the lowest I'd play it in. Could it handle it well? Pickups are not my concern 'cause I'm going to buy some Aftermaths anyway :evil:

I've looked other threads too for the answers but need you guys to break my last guard :D

I could get the RGA for 450€ and ARZ for 466€.

Thx

EDIT: fuck, just noticed the VS thread. Sorry guys.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Personally id pick the RGA because im a big fan of the RGA's in general. The RGA seems more comfortable too

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd go with the ARZ but it's personal preference really. Drop B on a 7 string? Why not :)
I'm thinking on getting an ARZ307 for Christmas and tune it drop Ab with 10/46 + 68.

anthonylbest

Guitarist, Youtuber, Collector
Reaction score
if you like super thin ibanez necks and won't drop tune. Go for the ibanez RGA7 everyday and twice on sundays.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
RGA, i was just playing a friends earlier (for the jillionth time ha) and its comfortable, pickups are the weak point, but i am sure the ARZ is no better.

never played an arz though

troyguitar

Reaction score
Your BKP's won't fit the RGA properly without some routing and probably some conversion rings to hide the gaps. You will also need to install a ground wire when switching from active to passive pickups.

I've played both and prefer the ARZ, but your average shred guy will prefer the RGA for its thinner neck and bigger frets.

Insanity

Nurturer
Reaction score
Pups are always gonna need a swich when it comes to Ibanez in my opinion.
But I'd go with the RGA7. Played a bunch of em and with a proper setup and a bit of luck you wont be dissapointed :)

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Your BKP's won't fit the RGA properly without some routing and probably some conversion rings to hide the gaps. You will also need to install a ground wire when switching from active to passive pickups.

I've played both and prefer the ARZ, but your average shred guy will prefer the RGA for its thinner neck and bigger frets.

didnt you hear misha's is getting an emg:lol: no need for BKP's:rofl:

JK

but how was the neck on the arz?

rekab

Reaction score
Neck on the ARZ is comparable to that of the AX7x21s. A bit more round than the typical thin flat D on say the rg7x2x
My local GC has one and I dig it. I'd buy it without hesitation if it was a longer scale.
If I were buying a new Ibanez 7 it would be the RGD7321 which I've played as well. I love pretty much everything about it

Don Vito

Reaction score
I've only played the ARZ, and I really liked it.

Personally though, it's not for me(I get lost without fret inlays) I'm reeaaalllyyy wanting an RGA with white 707's right now for some reason.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
I think both pale in comparison to the rg7x2x's. You can score a rg7421 if you want a fixed bridge, (or the 7420 if you want a trem) for less than you can buy these. And they're just all around better guitars.

Ardez

ThePolarBearBrawler
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! I tried RGA7 today and because I'm used to a bit fatter necks it felt a bit strange. But I think it's only a matter of time when it starts to feel comfy. The pup replacement thing is indeed a lot easier on the ARZ. I also tested ARZ700 and liked the way it played. I'm still not sure if I'd like the 25'' though.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I think both pale in comparison to the rg7x2x's. You can score a rg7421 if you want a fixed bridge, (or the 7420 if you want a trem) for less than you can buy these. And they're just all around better guitars.

I disagree in general. My ARZ307 is equal in build quality, more detailed, and better sounding with stock pickups than either the RG7420 or the RG7421 that I used to own. I find it especially true now that most of those guitars are 10+ years old. Have you even played either of them? The China and Indonesia stuff has really gone up in quality recently.

I might have to do a video or something with my ARZ this weekend. I think it's quite good.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! I tried RGA7 today and because I'm used to a bit fatter necks it felt a bit strange. But I think it's only a matter of time when it starts to feel comfy. The pup replacement thing is indeed a lot easier on the ARZ. I also tested ARZ700 and liked the way it played. I'm still not sure if I'd like the 25'' though.

If you are used to fatter necks and like the 6-string ARZ, I'd advise going with the ARZ for a 7. The scale length is not an issue IMO unless you're tuning way down like in the E, F, G area.

Reaction score
New to the forum and looking buy me a 7 string for christmas.. There are several 7s I'd like to have I'll start from the top Apex100 out of price range lol RG7320, used K7 or apex1, but my question is what would yal suggest doin buy the cheaper RG7320 or what a while longer and get what I really would like to have?

Thor_

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to purchase my first seven string after I sell another guitar!

My thoughts right now are between the Marc Rizzo stealth from BC Rich or a tribal purple Agile interceptor pro. Both are under a thousand dollars.

What I'd like to know is if the balance of the stealth is as poor as my Ibanez XPT700, because I hate how my xiphos neck dives!

Really any suggestion as far as what is a good model to look into would be appreciated. I have little opportunity to check out guitars where I live. Thank you

')