Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What are some of the flaws, I wonder If they are fixed?

Maybe the price is too good to be true..

I know they were unplayable. Do a quick search. If my memory serves, one of the necks arrived cracked.

You'll be getting $175 worth of guitar. That's for sure. :lol:

Djenty

Reaction score
I know they were unplayable. Do a quick search. If my memory serves, one of the necks arrived cracked.

You'll be getting $175 worth of guitar. That's for sure. :lol:

I'm not gunna lie. The guitar I have right now (Ibanez RG120) was only 200 and it has done me very well. I put Dimarzio Crunchlab in it and I really do like my tone, believe it or not.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The question isn't whether it's going to sound good or not, but if you'll actually receive a guitar that's functional, on the first try at least. :lol:

Hey, Rondo has a really good return policy so try one out. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Djenty

Reaction score
The question isn't whether it's going to sound good or not, but if you'll actually receive a guitar that's functional, on the first try at least. :lol:

Hey, Rondo has a really good return policy so try one out. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Well, do you have anything to recommend for a cheaper 7-string?

$400 or less?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's just about in the range of a used Ibanez RG7421 or RG7621, the RG7321's significantly better built, Japanese made bigger brothers.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So you would overall say the RG7321?

You've been a big help tonight thanks :)

Not really. While the RG7321 isn't bad, if you do have around $400 to work with why not get a significantly better guitar?

Though, if I was paying and had to choose between a Grendel and an RG7321, I'd go for the RG.

Djenty

Reaction score
Not really. While the RG7321 isn't bad, if you do have around $400 to work with why not get a significantly better guitar?

Though, if I was paying and had to choose between a Grendel and an RG7321, I'd go for the RG.

I must have read wrong lol.

Bottom line...

What would you think is the best choice for 400 or less. haha

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
The RG7321 is a good and solid guitar that'll last you for years :yesway:
Swap the pups for some dimarzios and you have a nice sounding workhorse. To be honest, I didn't feel that my old korean-made 7321 was in any way inferior to the 7421 my guitar teacher used to play but both are definitely very nice guitars :hbang:
It was my first guitar and is still my main guitar :)
Bottom line: out of those two I'd get the 7321/7421!

space frog

Reaction score
I must have read wrong lol.

Bottom line...

What would you think is the best choice for 400 or less. haha

The Ibby RG's are prolly all you can get for that price. The Grendels had SERIOUS problems (SYL here received it with a broken neck-headstock joint. By broken I mean it looked like a beaver just feasted on it), and other than that I can't recall any 7 string guitar cheaper than that.

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
Don't throw specs at me, throw personal opinions, hopefully ones from those who have tried both these instruments.

The time for me buying is drawing ever nearer, and I keep bouncing back and forth between the two.

Reaction score
I have been looking around at guitars and I'm not really sure which one to get. I have been looking at buying an esp eclipse 1000 for a long time now but i have also been looking at a Jackson Rhoads and thinking that their pickups and Floyd Rose make for a better buy. advice please.

otisct20

Reaction score
well i know that you can get the options that YOU want for less when you buy a carvin with most likely better qc, but i dont have much experience with any prestige and i havent played a carvin but i hear many many many great things about carvin. i hope that helped.

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
Both are pretty solid instruments. The difference in scale length isn't as noticeable as some would lead you to believe on the fret hand. The natural position of my right hand had to change slightly, but really was a minor adjustment. It will come down to how low of a tuning your going to go and what guage will you be at. I don't play anything lower than A, so the 25.5" scale does just fine for my needs. You're pickups will need a swap on either if you like clarity, and a healthy heap of mid range. Both seemed to lack in that department. For me, I chose to go with Carvin for a few reasons. 1) Having a nearly custom guitar made for a great value. 2) The neck profile is excellent. 3) Stainless frets are the shit! The obvious drawbacks to the Carvin is the pickup routs, and the shape of the body isn't as cool as the RGD. Dont let the pickup cavities sway you though. My local luthier did mine for 100 bucks. If you have the opportunity, try both. If it's any help here's the link to my Carvin 727. Good luck!

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...vin-dc727-better-aunt-jemima.html#post2197624

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Haven't posted much here guys. But I'm very much thinking of getting a Seven within the next few months.

I've been highly considering the Agile Interceptor Pro 727... Can you guys recommend something that would be better that isn't an Ibanez?? and in the same price range?? (I just want to do something different)

Sub $999 USD preferably

Thanks ahead!!

space frog

Reaction score
Depending on the options you get with it, a Carvin DC727 would be baws.

Or a Schecter Blackjack C7 ATX, though I don't know if they are better than the Interceptor pros. The Interceptor seems to be a very solid guitar, unfortunately I never could play one :(

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
EVH Stealth Special vs KxK Sii 7 vs Agile fanned 8 string:

1. I have a Peavey/EVH collection and that stealth looks so badass, especially because I would throw in a pair of black battle worn Painkillers or Aftermath so i could get a different sound out of it than my others...

2. The KxK Sii 7 because I would like a higher end 7... right now I'm working with a Schecter Loomis 7FR. I'd also consider a JPX with the roasted maple because I didn't like the JPs with the painted neck.

3. Agile Fanned fret 8 because I don't have anything like this in my collection... it would be the only "new" piece... i was considering the Schecter ATX, but I think I'm sold on the idea of fanned fret at this point.

Of course I might just finally give in to peer pressure and buy an Axe-FX. I have the $$$ but... paralysis by analysis.

* update: I put myself on the Axe-FX waitlist.

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
after much contemplation & research, I have FINALLY made a concrete decision on my FIRST 7...

I'm planning on getting the Damien Elite 7.

I am perpetually poor(I am disabled), so I really fret over buying... well, pretty much anything, so it's nice to not even be thinking about it anymore. :nuts: :lol:

Man, I can't f@#$ing wait! :hbang:

')