Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Zerox8610

Reaction score
Here I am looking at more Agile's.... Can someone please tell me why the Elite Hardtail 7's are more expensive than the Pro's with floyds???

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agile Intrepid PRO VS ESP LTD SC-608B (Agile is about $80 cheaper).

Get the Agile if you want it to sound good, get the LTD if you want really nice fretwork.

That's my take on it, having owned both an Agile Intrepid Pro and LTD SC608B.

space frog

Reaction score
Agile Intrepid PRO VS ESP LTD SC-608B (Agile is about $80 cheaper).

I own an intrepid and I have tried an ESP Carpenter sig, and I do not regret choosing the Intrepid at the end of the line. Such a great instrument for the price. The ESP is a good instrument, but there was something I didn't really like about it, couldn't really determine what though... You can't really regret buying any of them though IMO

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
Hi folks - first post here :)

I'm looking at getting myself an 8 string some time in the near-ish future. I've had a couple of quick sessions with a Schecter Omen 8 and a Damien Elite 8. I enjoyed both, and liked the more classical direction it led my playing in.

This will be my first ERG - currently I am using 6 string guitars tuned down to C standard or dropped to A#. My 6 strings are 25 and 25.5" scales, but I would like to go big for the eight string as I have kinda fat fingers and felt a little crowded on the Schecter.

It's only going to be an entry level instrument (the first one is anyway, mwahahaha) as I honestly don't know whether I will end up playing it much or not.

Up until tonight I have been looking at either a Schecter (probably an Omen 8 or Damien Elite 8) or the Ibanez RGA8... but tonight I have spent some time on this forum and discovered Agile. I *do* like the sound of the 28.625" scale and am now wondering if this is what I need to be looking at.

The most important thing about the guitar for me will be playability. I don't really mind that much if the pickups are not so good as I will probably swap them out at some point anyway. As long as the neck is nice, the bridge is solid and it stays in tune well, I'll be happy. I do all my own setup work, so I'm cool with whatever tweaking is necessary.

I'm in a regional city in Australia and the likelihood of being able to play anything other than Schecter, Ibanez or ESP/LTD is basically zero. If I go with an Agile it will mean not being able to play it first and having it shipped. If I buy one in a store here, I'll be able to get my hands on it a lot quicker and dealing with any warranty issues will be simplified by being able to take it back to shop if need be.

I'd love to hear any advice you folks can offer me! Does the benefit of the longer scale outweigh the hassle of ordering from OS? Am I missing any others I should be looking at? What would you recommend to someone buying their first ERG?

HELLFIRE666

Reaction score
I just ordered a Schecter V8 after some years with Ibanez 7s, the first one i had was the black/green Uv7 then switched to the 540s7, awesome guitars. Last year i got a superdeal on a Schecter Hellraiser C7 so i just had to buy it, very nice guitar also. And just a few days ago it happened, i suddenly out of nowhere got the idea i just HAVE to have the v8, how does it compare to other 8s? I think you can leave Ibanez out of this since their pricetags could be placed on small cars or houses as well as on guitars.

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
A little help in here,

Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7 vs Jackson Olbe Wolbers?

Considering that i would modified the Jackson with a single pickup in the neck.

space frog

Reaction score
A little help in here,

Schecter Blackjack ATX C-7 vs Jackson Olbe Wolbers?

Considering that i would modified the Jackson with a single pickup in the neck.

Schecter. WAAAYYYY before the Jackson. The Jackson is not a bad guitar, but the Blackjack is an awesome guitar :hbang: And I really didn't like the painted fretboard on the Jackson...dunno if it's still like that, but when i played a couple years ago it was

Dayn

Reaction score
Ibanez: SR706 vs BTB676

I'd prefer the 35" scale, but I prefer the SR's sleek thinness and tighter spacing. To begin with, I'll be tuning them to drop E... but when I scrounge up enough money for a Quake, I'll be swapping them to the normal low B, high C. I can get a new nut and pickups. That may take a while though, so something versatile would be nice. I'll be doing a lot of slap and pop on it, and I would like it to be able to be punchy, but also have powerful, growling lows (down to drop E). I don't have an amp; I'll just be using an AxeFX when I eventually get one.

So I'm at an impasse. I'm leaning towards the SR706 for pure playability, but I'm wondering how much better the BTB676 may hold that low E with the extra inch. :scratch: Cheers.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Ibanez RG1077XL vs Ibanez RG827

A war of old vs new here and I have no idea which to go for. One's a Prestige and the others a Premium, however one is brand new and the other is from 2001/02. Ill be putting a MiracleMan 7 into the guitar, and ive never been a fan of single middle pick ups, but can anyone with any experience with these models lend a hand here? Thanks.

Drexra

Reaction score
Hi, I'm recently coming back to guitar after a few years. I'm looking into getting a new guitar not now, but soon-ish. Mainly when I stop being terrible again.

I've mainly played on a dean flying v, but I want to get into more metal and hardcore music, and the addition of the seventh string has a nice appeal.

I'm only really looking at schecters right now, at the suggestion of a friend.

I'm looking at the Damien 7 FR
Damien-7 FR - Schecter Guitar Research

And the Damien elite 7 FR
Damien Elite-7 FR - Schecter Guitar Research

Any advice? What are the main differences between the two, in laymans terms? Oh and what are the Floyd Rose really? I read they keep a tune better, but you need to change the strings differently? Is that any harder, and does it really matter since I don't particularly remember how to change strings anymore (not like a bike after four years :p).

Thanks!

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
I finally narrowed my soon to be NGD down to these, but now I'm stuck!

1) Jackson WR1 Warrior w/ Eerie Dess Swirl & EMG's $1500
2) Jackson KE1 Marty Friedman Kelly w/ trans black finish $1800
3) EBMM JPX $1800
4) ESP Eclipse II FR $1900
5) ESP M-II Deluxe $500
6) Charvel So Cal MIJ $900
7) Suhr Modern M3 w/ charcoal web finish $1900
8) Gibson Zakk Wylde Camo Bullseye $1900
9) PRS Singlecut Artist $2200
10) PRS Singlecut 10 top $1900

Ok, so it's not totally narrowed down, but any help would be appreciated... what would you choose? What's the best deal? What sucks?

haffner1

Reaction score
I am definately getting one of these two. Main reason is I would like a baritone with actives to record tighter rhythms on. I don't really need a guitar with another floyd but if I get on well with the longer scale, I might use it for shows too. I am rather partial to Vs right now for playability, but the ghost body with that headstock just looks so awesome! I might want to swap the pups to EMGs thought because I already have blackouts in my Jr V7.

schecter.jpg

or

ghostpro7white1.jpg

I will have to check on the ghost though, because the site says it has the FRT-S2000 but the pic still shows the old LFR.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
I've always liked Schecter Vs, I think that "classic" Vs just look cooler than pointy ones. Plus I think you should pick it up simply for the novelty of having one in a finish that isn't red or black.

Ulvhedin

Phrygianist
Reaction score
I'd go Agile, but thats because I really dislike playing V's.
Also trem is a plus for my taste.

Pupswitch on the Schecter looks... strangely placed. I'm sure as hell I'd change all my tonesettings while flicking the switch :lol:

')