Votes: 22 53.7%

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
As someone that has owned both a bunch of Caps and a bunch of JP's I say JPXI hands down. Much more consistent build quality. I also prefer the sound and playability, but that is personal preference.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
Go with the JPXI if you want to pretend you're Petrucci,
Go with the Caparison if you want to play guitar.

LOL. Worst reasoning ever.

Go with the JPXI is you want a guitar that is better than the Caparison in almost every way, regardless of whether you like Petrucci or not. Caprarison is over priced for what it is.

Captastic

Reaction score
Very different guitars...

The JPXI may be a "better" guitar...tho I'm not sure how you would quantify that. But you can get a Deli for ~$1300...haven't seen a JPXI for under $2200. Is it $900 better? Not to a lot of people including me...

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree on the Caparisons being overpriced new, but as it was just said, you can find a used Dellinger much further off the original price (I've seen them go as low as $900) than you can a used JPXI, as far as I've seen.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen used JPX's and JPXI's got for about $2000. While your right Dellinger's can be had pretty cheap. New they both sell for similar money, but the EBMM's keep their value a lot better. As said Caps are overpriced for what they are and the used market tends to reflect that. Is a JPXI worth $700 more than a Dellinger to me? Every damn day.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen used JPX's and JPXI's got for about $2000. While your right Dellinger's can be had pretty cheap. New they both sell for similar money, but the EBMM's keep their value a lot better. As said Caps are overpriced for what they are and the used market tends to reflect that. Is a JPXI worth $700 more than a Dellinger to me? Every damn day.

I kind of agree with you on that one man. BTW I thought the Dellingers sold in the realm of $1899-$1999 new. I just checked pricing and was off a bit. Carry on!

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah new Dellingers are around $2300-2400 all the way up to like $3000 for the Amott and MJR models. Great guitars, but not at those prices. Honestly a normal JP6 at under $2000 IMO is a better guitar, let alone the BFR stuff. Also the JPXI has not even been around for a year so the used market isn't exactly a buyers market. Dellingers have been around over 10 years so there are some deals to be had for sure.

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
opinions2.jpg

It depends on your preference, try both and judge for yourself.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As someone that has owned both a bunch of Caps and a bunch of JP's I say JPXI hands down. Much more consistent build quality. I also prefer the sound and playability, but that is personal preference.

Yeah new Dellingers are around $2300-2400 all the way up to like $3000 for the Amott and MJR models. Great guitars, but not at those prices. Honestly a normal JP6 at under $2000 IMO is a better guitar, let alone the BFR stuff. Also the JPXI has not even been around for a year so the used market isn't exactly a buyers market. Dellingers have been around over 10 years so there are some deals to be had for sure.

:agreed:

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
I know this must have been said before but as for that trem arm deal.. if it's anything like a floyd rose you can just put those tiny rubber o-rings on the bar and its nice and tight. I had the same issue on my Charvel.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I know this must have been said before but as for that trem arm deal.. if it's anything like a floyd rose you can just put those tiny rubber o-rings on the bar and its nice and tight. I had the same issue on my Charvel.

I don't know if that solves the problem. There is a plastic ring and when the screw is tightened, the arm is nice and tight. The problem is just than with moving the trem arm the screw loosens very quickly.
But then again, you never know, maybe it's worth a try :)

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
I've got to be the third person with both guitars. Well, the EU version of the Premium of course. I'd still like to think that the neck radius on the Ibanez USA website is a mistake, I seriously don't see why that would be the only non-Prestige Ibanez with a different neck radius. Makes no sense to me, but who knows...

After having played both of them for a fair bit, I must say that it's very hard to distinct which one is the better playing guitar, but I guess the 1527 is still a hair better in terms of playability.

The Premium comes with amazing fretwork, the neck profiles are very similiar on both guitars. My Premium doesn't have obvious finishing flaws, apart from the ding it got from slamming it into my doorframe, haha. Other than that, you'd have to seek with a magnifier. That being said, I love the red quilt finish and the allaround binding, it's most definitely a great looking guitar. Another thing that's great about the Premium is how lightweigt it is - about 1 pound less than the Prestige. The Edge Zero II is very solid and pretty much just a stripped down Edge Zero. Stays in tune just as good as its big brother and seems as solid. I don't abuse it much, if at all, though. I can't comment on the pickups, I didn't even play the guitar before swopping them for DiMarzios. Oh, and the neck on mine needed a shim to get the action nice and low.

Bottom line, I can recommend the Premium. You're getting a lot for your money and will enjoy it, once it's set up properly.

Oh, and here they are:

RG7Premium12.jpg

:hbang:

PS: More and better photos here: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/2683412-post86.html

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
You can get a used delli for around a grand. just snag one and play it. you won't lose money on it around that price. the JPs are everywhere, you won't miss out and you can always find one to snag if you don't like the delli.

Capa ftw.

However, I don't think you can compare these two instruments.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
LOL. Worst reasoning ever.

Go with the JPXI is you want a guitar that is better than the Caparison in almost every way, regardless of whether you like Petrucci or not. Caprarison is over priced for what it is.

ohhhhh!!! The FANBOY-ism!!!!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

:lol:

To the OP:

Opinions are like assholes.

You can't compare the two guitars. Try to play a capa! You can find the Dellingers cheap! The Petruccis are available literally just about anywhere, so it won't be hard to find one to try. Don't give up on a Capa, they are around and I have never heard a bad thing from anyone I have handed any of mine too. I love Caparison, but I also love quite a few other companies. Make sure the opinions of people that you take are based off of fact, not fanboy-ism. A lot of folks I have met have been taken with the "hype" on a website of a certain guitar, bought one and now hate it. Just buy smart, don't get buried in a guitar, and understand that a lot of people base opinions purely off what they have read somewhere and present it as fact. I have played/own/owned a SHITLOAD of guitars and basses, and more often than not, when I find myself ragging on an instrument, I just try to remind myself that there may be good things about it, but it may not be me.

In the case of Caparison, it is like a broken record. "You can get better for the money". I have heard people say that, that I KNOW have never even touched one.

Bottom line.

Both are fine instruments! Just see what you like, it may be a $200 Mexi Strat off of craigslist. I have been surprised before! ;)

my $.02

fo free nuggaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!

:hbang:

sell2792

Reaction score
...Completely different except the shape.
JP has a smaller, vintage style bridge for adding a bit of vibrato whereas the floyd of the Cap is better for big dives and pull-ups...

I don't know about all that. I've played several JPX's, a few BFRs, and a JPXI, and even with heavy use, they all stayed in perfect tune, and fluttered better than almost any other trem I've ever used, second only to a particularly well setup ZR and a Parker trem.... Oh yeah, and lets not forget the Piezo! :hbang:

Reaction score
it may be a $200 Mexi Strat off of craigslist. I have been surprised before! ;):

You couldn't be any more right. My roommate's mexi strat is a far superior playing guitar to his american deluxe and also the american special that I had. It blew me away.

It's all about trying the damn thing. Not reading about it. :noplease:

')