Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Go with the JPXI if you want to pretend you're Petrucci,
Go with the Caparison if you want to play guitar.

Really, this is one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on here.

The JP is a fantastic guitar, as many people here would attest. They are versatile, beautifully-built, well-designed, functional and none of the models scream "Petrucci", you can quite easily play one without looking like a fanboy... more than can be said for almost any other metal artist's signature guitars.

Caparisons are overpriced. I've never played one so I can't comment on that side of things, but I've played several EBMM JPs (and I own one of the cheaper Sterling JP100s) so can vouch for the fact that they're wonderful guitars that cost significantly less than Capas in most cases (unless you go for a BFR...)

I hear great things about Caparison and would love to play a couple some day, but the JP is so much more than a Petrucci fanboy's expensive plaything.

I think you need to take your head out of your backside and play a JP before making retarded comments like this on a public forum...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
Really, this is one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on here.

Caparisons are overpriced. I've never played one so I can't comment on that side of things

I think you need to take your head out of your backside and play a JP before making retarded comments like this on a public forum...

:lol: :facepalm:

Reaction score
Hey guys, my first post here.
I'm planning to buy some cheap ass 7 string (it's my first) and cant decide between:
Ibanez RG7321 and Schecter C-7 Diamond Series (not a hellraiser or something, just a cheapest 7string that Schecter had in 2007-2009, with mahogany body, and TOM bridge.

I want to put a DiMarzio Dsonic in any of these two, but I fuckin' cant decide, which I Should choose. Two of my friends voted for Schecter, but I'm still in frustration.

I play some slamming brutal, death metal and deathcore stuff (like Devourment, Cephalotripsy, Disgorge, Oceano, Whitechapel) metal projects, and do recordings often, so I'd like to gain heavy and tight low-end combined with high playability. The Tuning is Drop A. And the strings will be something like 10-60 or thicker.

I like the Ibanez necks, but I like mahagony wood too. So I'm stoned right now.

PS. The Schecter C-7 is looking awesome...Another thing that keeps me stoned.

Reaction score
It would be a matter of whether or not you like the neck, ibanez has notoriously thin necks, which is good for some people I'm not knocking them.

Schecter's necks are thicker, its also a matter of whether or not you're going to play lead and shred, for that i would recommend the ibanez.

I have tried both companies before, i like schecter more for rhythm chugging riff cause of the body makes it really growl. Hoped my opinion helped.

Reaction score
Yeah, thanx, mate. I've chosen to order Scecter. The mahagony body was the key, hehe. I thought, that the any neck of a 7 str will be a pain in the ass now, because it's my FIRST 7string. Cant wait for the delivery now! Thanx again! I think i've made a right choice.

zeppelinrock34

Reaction score
I'm wondering how much difference in quality there is? i've never played a carvin 7 but i've heard they are amazing, the music man obvious is much more expensive so i won't be getting one right away, but is it worth the wait of a couple more years?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The quality overall is going to be very similar, but they feel completely different. It's like comparing a Strat and a Les Paul.

zeppelinrock34

Reaction score
Let me be a little more specific, how is neck thickness with carvin? what are the pickups like? overall tone differences? I don't mind a little fatter neck, ibanez feels a little too thin in fact but the BFR felt great. I don't mind shecters either though, although i'm wondering how the heel is on the 727?

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
EBMM'S especially the BFR'S are top notch guitars ..I had a JP6 and the quality was perfect ...I did end up trading it but it had nothing to do with the quality ..I've never had the pleasure if owning a Carvin but for the price they are, the amount if quality per dollar is hard to beat ..but they are different animals

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
I have played both, and currently own 2 DC747's. You can't go wrong with either one. It's all a matter of preference, so keep this in mind:

MM BFR7 = Bolt on
Carvin DC727 = Neck thru

MM BFR7 = Custom Floating trem
Carvin DC727 = LFR or Fixed Bridge

MM BFR7 = Piezo
Carvin DC727 = No Piezo

MM BFR7 = Thin flat neck
Carvin DC727 = Rounder neck

MM BFR7 = No custom options available
Carvin DC727 = Lots of custom options (Woods/finish/radius/frets/etc)

MM BFR7 = Dimarzios
Carvin DC727 = Crappy stock pickups

I could go on and on about this but you get the idea. I personally preferred Carvin but that's just me and my needs.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
I had both for a limited amount of time, sold the DC727 but I still regret it, it was absolutely wonderful. The JP7 BFR neck was nicer though

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
Hey SS...

So I finally have my NGD narrowed down to two... a USA Jackson WR1 Warrior and a Bernie Rico Jr. Alias. I'm having an extremely hard time narrowing it down to one.

384539_2564144276171_1631067211_2480749_91785143_n.jpg

302511_2428399722642_1631067211_2429445_1212954655_n.jpg

Reaction score
All i know is that every Jackson I've picked up has played amazingly, i know Misha Mansoor uses Bernie Rico's so its obviously good for that style of playing. Hope it helps.

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm looking at getting a new guitar in the next 10-12 months.
I've narrowed what I'd like down to two guitars -
The Ibanez RGD2127z and the LTD MH-417.
I'm yet to play the RGD Prestige, but having played the MH417 multiple times, I really love that guitar. Its neck fits perfectly in my hand, everything about it just feels right, not to mention the pickups in it are fantastic for me (I do actually like EMGs).
I really like the RGD and am keen to play one soon, and if I shop off the internet I can get the two guitars for about the same price.
Which would you guys recommend? I play in GCGCFAD / GDGCFAD so scale length might be a factor, although my current 7 is 25.5", like the LTD.
Cheers!

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Ibanez: RG3EXKA1 or S770PB

Which one should I get?

I play in Drop B. Stuff like Haunted Shores, Veil Of Maya, Within The Ruins. I don't ever use a tremolo or middle pickups so I'm having a hard time deciding if the extra $400 for the S is worth it for features that I probably won't use although quality is probably better and the body shape more comfortable.

Reaction score
the neck dimension of the RG827 are the same as the S7420 according to the ibanez website...........so if anyone has prior experience playing the S7420....wont be a problem for them......
although im not too sure about the rounded frets on the RG827..

Latest posts

')