Votes: 22 53.7%

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShiftKey

SS.org irregular
Reaction score
I forsee (hope for) a future, S7420body+RG827 neck = selling like hot cakes
at least for me, i have 1527's, a fetsh for voultes and a love of the S body with the ZR trem

Augury

f*ckin bow down!
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm searching for a mid-end Deathcore/Death Metal & shredding machine. I'm playing mostly in Drop A, Drop B and Drop C with a .060 set. I don't give a f*ck about pickups because I'll put EMGs in anyways.

So:
The first one, is an Ibanez RGA42T.
Second one, a Schecter C-1 Std.
Third one, one of LTDs, not sure which one, but I think LTD MH350 NT.

Thanks in advance!

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
I forsee (hope for) a future, S7420body+RG827 neck = selling like hot cakes
at least for me, i have 1527's, a fetsh for voultes and a love of the S body with the ZR trem

it would be nice to see a decent 24 fret S-series 7 string... those old MIJ S7420FMs always looked really awesome, but the 22 fret neck and Lo-TRS trem have always really turned me off

huhngott

Reaction score
Hello, first of all thank you for reading this. :wavey:
I'm in a band which sound is something like architects fused with some post rock, but i like to play a lot of genres on my own.
I have two good deals in hand, but i cant spend much money and i can't sell my ibanez grg 270 with dimarzios, no one's interested and it has been for sale quite a while now. So tell me an opinion always based on quality/price/performance

This Hagstrom Swede Velvet, a limited version, a very good looking guitar, I've always wanted a Les Paul! It's versatile and has 2 switches. I've red a lot of good stuff about it, some say it's better than some gibsons. It looks like a good guitar but i haven't played it yet so i don't have a clear idea about the pickups, I've listened the clip from the site but it isn't a good demo. Anyway, I can get it for 420€, second-hand.
http://www.hagstromguitars.de/7140.0.html?&L=dhrkrorwj

Or this Shecter Hellraiser C-1. I own a shecter already and has got the same finish, i like it. It's a Damien 8, That''s an 8 string, but for me, it's quite ugly owning two guitars looking the same but i know how it plays and the pickups are emg's, the kind of sound it's needed for the band I'm into, and i like them. I can get this one for 300€ and my ibanez!
http://www.thomann.de/pt/schecter_diamond_c1_hellraiser_bch.htm

Lets talk my friends give me your honest opinion. Any question will be welcomely answered.

Reaction score
Because of budget I've decided to go with the douglas guitars and I mean I hear some good things about both but also equal bad things as well especially with quality and electronics. Now until up I upgrade to a better 7 string I one of these could hold up to what kind of music I play and but still. So between the two which would be better to go with, with the Grendel it looks way cooler and nicer than the Scope but I keep hearing about how the quality sucks. If the quality isn't that bad for it then I will get the Grendel but I much rather have better quality in the Scope I'm at a crossroads here hehehe

Reaction score
I do really want the Scope but I'm not sure if I wanna deal with the whole floyd trem system, its not really a huge issue especially if the scope's quality is better than the grendel.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I hear that the trems on the scopes aren't the greatest. If that's a concern for you I could understand wanting the Grendel, although I hear the quality of the Grendels overall can be a huge problem in some cases.

My personal inclination would be to get the Scope and block the trem in the worst case scenario, but you may have other plans.

If you like Floyds but are just concerned about the one in the Grendel you could possibly tremol-no it and upgrade it later as well.

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking about doing with the Scope by just blocking the trem, but it might not even be something I would worry too much about, the scope is definitely sounding like the better choice and after reading others reviews on the Grendel I will probably go with the scope

Scabrous

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Scope 727 (basically just the baritone version of the 725). Excellent guitar. Haven't played a Grendel that I liked yet, always seem to feel super cheap.

TieMy_Rope

Reaction score
Hi guys, im new to the forum and i have a question, ibanez rg 7321fm or arz 307? and if theres another guitar under 500 bucks with a fixed bridge, passive pups, thin neck and with a nice heel to the neck (without that big brick that schecters have in their bolt ons) im open to suggestions, sry if theres any gramatic error, my main language isnt english

TieMy_Rope

Reaction score
it can even be active pups, and i dont have a preference to the construction, but the bolt ons got to have a nice heel cut to the higher frets

Reaction score
Hi everybody! :)
I really need an advice.
I'm pretty new for 7s, and my attention was caught by Agile guitars, especially Septor 725 RN. Can anyone please share some experience and impressions of using that one, or recommend any other instead of it? it's pretty hard for me to choose the right guitar, and i can't afford myself to make a mistake :)

Reaction score
I mean personally I would go with the arz simply because I have played it and loved the way it responded to how i played, its chugging is just astounding and shreds sweet too.

Reaction score
I mean personally I would go with the arz simply because I have played it and loved the way it responded to how i played, its chugging is just astounding and shreds sweet too.

i'm outta big budget, unfortunately :wallbash: the idea is, to buy a cheaper guitar of "for beginner" kind and just play on it for a several monthes to feel the 7s itself. and after that, maybe there's a reason to buy something better and more expensive :)
kinda like that

Fillifax

Reaction score
So I accidently some money, and I'm going to accidently a guitar with it. The question is which. I've got a few good offers.

On one hand, I have a completely standard Ibanez 2127Z which is pretty cool, but on the other hand I've got a Jaden Rose Custom Shop. Thing is, I've never played a guitar like that. On paper, it has better pickups and better wood. Guitar in question is THIS: NGD - Jaden Rose RG7 (56k, too many pics for you) - Sevenstring.org
The Jaden Rose is actually a good deal cheaper with the deal I'm getting.

Which would you choose?

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
try to get in touch with a member here called Fred_the_shred who is a Jaden Rose endorsee (as well as knowing a thing or 2 about guitars).

I am sure he will answer your questions.

Fillifax

Reaction score
try to get in touch with a member here called Fred_the_shred who is a Jaden Rose endorsee (as well as knowing a thing or 2 about guitars).

I am sure he will answer your questions.

Have done!

Really am just looking for a comparison in build quality and feel here :)

Latest posts

')