Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Kollias

Reaction score
Hi guys.My budget "allows" me to choose between:Ibanez RG7321;Cort Evl Z47,Schecter diamond series,B.C.Rich Warlock N7.
I'm such a beginner (i mainly play drums),so can you tell me if there are differences between choose models,if they sound a lot different from each other,or if they are pretty similar and all I have to do is choosing by their look? Thanks ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nealios

Reaction score
What kind of music are you going to be playing, are you going to do some drop tuning, and what kind of sound are you going for?

But of those three, I'd probably pick the Ibanez and switch out the pickups, or save up a little more and pick up a schecter damien elite.

Apotheose

DTP Junkie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been lurking around here for a while - so I figured its about time I asked for some input.

I'm planning on finally pulling the trigger on a 7, and I've boiled it down to either a Schecter Loomis or one of those 27" Agile Interceptors with Duncan Blackouts.

Agile keeps pulling me in with the price tag and the sheer amount of people who praise Agile here haha, but I hear damn good things about the Loomis - and plus I'm a die hard, crazy Nevermore fan.

I guess the real question is, is the Loomis worth the extra two or three hundred bucks?

Anyone have any insight that could prove useful? Thanks :mf666:

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
schecter diamond series scorpion (not the hellraiser series) for 300$.
The specs are intresting as one place said neckthrough with mahagony body and neck and another said bolt on neck basswood body :scratch: . Its 27" inch scale, rosewood finger board, duncan designed pickups, graphite nut grover tuners, string through, yada yada yada.
VS
ltd vb 400 baritone for around 400$
* SET NECK CONSTRUCTION. * 27” BARITONE SCALE. * MAHOGANY BODY. * 3-PIECE MAPLE NECK. * ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD. * DOT INLAYS W/MODEL NAME AT 12TH FRET. * EMG 81 (B) / 85 (N) ACTIVE PICKUPS. * VOLUME & TONE CONTROLS W/3-WAY TOGGLE. * BLACK HARDWARE. * GROVER TUNERS. *

I kinda want a neck thats a tad bit rounder than an ibby and thicker so take that into consideration as well.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Heil
i want buy new seven string
please help me
which seven string is better
1.esp horizon fr7
2.dean rc7g
3.jackson slat3-7
4.ernie ball music man bfr7 (john petrucci)

As an owner of an RC7G, I can definitely tell you that it's one hell of a guitar. It's absolutely amazing for metal, and the neck is super thin and fast - easily the best I've ever played. With that said, you could take a look at the RC7 Mahogany since they're extremely similar (both USA made so build quality should be the same, though I've only got experience with the RC7G) and get one of those AND an slat3-7 :shred:

That said, the BFR is also an incredible guitar. Probably less of a pure shred machine than the RC7 (though still very much capable for that), and will suit you more if you like a lot of nice clean sounds and are not a fan of actives(though from your other options, I'd guess you are :lol: ). I think it would be good advice to go between that and the RC7, but it depends on what type of music you want to play and which one feels more comfortable in your hands.

Reaction score
Schecter ATX C-8 vs Agile Interceptor 827 vs Agile Intrepid 828!!!

Im a lefty and as my first 8 string these are my choices,
and i just cant bloody decide! i cant try out any as there are none in ireland
so im relying on ur expertise and advice for my choices!

at the moment i play an Ibanez RG and a custom strat, so neck wise
i love the thick strat neck and and the thin ibanez neck also,
i play metal and jazz. so id like a bright clear crisp distortion and
also depth and warmth for jazzy tones ( is this acheivable without a neck pickup on the intrepid? is the ATX too 'metal' for playing different styles? )

anybody notice a huge different between bolt on and neck thru models?

also does anybody know what are the delivery times are to europe?
cheers lads and ladies!!!!! :lol:

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I personally would go with the Intrepid.

Being a jazz/metal player myself, unless you have a really good EQ and a very warm amp, a neck pickup is needed for jazz--the warm clean tones that is. That said, Holdsworth doesn't need a neck pickup, why do I? ;)

They DO make Intrepid 828 Duals, featuring two pickups.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I'd personally go with the Schecter - I've tried out both the C-8 ATX and the Intrepid, and the Schecter blows the Agile away in terms of build quality. I can't imagine the Interceptor would be any different. The neck Blackout in the C-8 ATX should be adequate in getting you good, warm, tasty jazz tones. Beyond having a neck pickup, I think most of the rest of the tone is in your amp / rig / fingers.

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
schecter diamond series scorpion (not the hellraiser series) for 300$.
The specs are intresting as one place said neckthrough with mahagony body and neck and another said bolt on neck basswood body :scratch: . Its 27" inch scale, rosewood finger board, duncan designed pickups, graphite nut grover tuners, string through, yada yada yada.
VS
ltd vb 400 baritone for around 400$
* SET NECK CONSTRUCTION. * 27” BARITONE SCALE. * MAHOGANY BODY. * 3-PIECE MAPLE NECK. * ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD. * DOT INLAYS W/MODEL NAME AT 12TH FRET. * EMG 81 (B) / 85 (N) ACTIVE PICKUPS. * VOLUME & TONE CONTROLS W/3-WAY TOGGLE. * BLACK HARDWARE. * GROVER TUNERS. *

I kinda want a neck thats a tad bit rounder than an ibby and thicker so take that into consideration as well.

mrlespaulman

Reaction score
I have an Ibanez S520EX That I'm thinking about selling towards an Agile 7.

Good or bad idea? How well do the Agile 7's compare to the Ibby in terms of playabilty and feel?

Hendog

Reaction score
I dont own an Agile but the gloss neck and the lack of a forearm contour are the 2 things holding me back. My Ibanez 7 has both a forearm contour and a satin neck. Wonderful playability.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I dont own an Agile but the gloss neck and the lack of a forearm contour are the 2 things holding me back. My Ibanez 7 has both a forearm contour and a satin neck. Wonderful playability.

you can always turn it into a satin neck guitar :yesway:

mariotorrone

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm new to seven strings and I'm planning to buy a new guitar. After looking for a guitar that suited me best, I found these two models: the ESP Viper-417 and the Ibanez RG1527Z. Which one should I buy?
Imo, I prefer the Ibanez because of the presence of the tremolo (I don't have a guitar with a tremolo and I want to try out one), but I've heard that Floyd Rose bridges have some tuning issues on seven string guitars and this is making me uncertain of the purchase.
As regards the pickups, in case of purchasing the Ibanez I'd probably switch the original ones with some DiMarzio pickups: I'm very interested in the Petrucci ones, you know, the Crunchlab 7 and Liquifire 7. What do you think? Shoud I go for it?
Thanks!

I Voyager

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting my very first 7 string guitar. My top two choices would be the Agile Septor Elite 725 and the LTD MH-417. Now I haven't had any experience with either guitar, but I've played LTDs before and like them quite a bit. I'm just curious about overall quality. The Agile definitely has better parts (Hipshot, Ebony board, Blackouts are about equal to EMGs), but for all I know the LTD is built better. So if you guys could give me some more info/advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Skin Coffin

Reaction score
The Carvin is Alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, HSH, fixed bridge, tung oiled neck. The Ibanez are well known, RG7620, 1527, probably some other japanese models like K7 or something, In your opinion, which is the best choice?

Cheers!

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
This is hypothetical until I get more funds coming in, but right now I'm looking pretty hard at getting a good LTD for gigging. Right now I'm at a crossroads between these 2 ltds:

V-300
M-300FM

the v is appealing to me because I dig the easier fret access. I really need that because my band is having me do more solos. I also already have strat (jackson) and explorer (Douglas) shaped guitars, so it'd be nice to add a v to the fold. It's also $20 cheaper than the M300FM.

With the M300FM, it has a floyd special which would be a nifty way for me to add more techniques to my solos (dive bombs/flutters/etc.), enhancing them further. I also dig the flame maple top. I'm one of those guys that prefers both functionality and aesthetics.

I might also consider an ibby S520, but I'd prefer to have an LTD.

Which one would you guys go with?

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I'd go with the M-300FM. I don't like V's. :)

Is there a specific reason you prefer LTD over Ibanez?

Yep, I've owned 2 ibbys (RG2EX1 and RG5EX1) and had a less than stellar impression of them. Now granted they were kinda lower end, but after using a friend of mine's M-100fm and digging it, I'd like to try my hand at the M-300fm model. Although that V300 is mighty tempting as well.

Basically since I've had to take on more solos, I've been contemplating the trade-off of having either 1.) Superior upper fret access or 2.) Having a floyd so that I have more tools in my tool box.

Since the V300 is a hardtail, I can't have both. I also have a thing for aesthetics, and the black cherry finish on the flamed maple of the M-300 is nice, but I also disdain veneer. I want real wood and not cheap imitation.

Since I also plan to use this on stage, doing regular gigs, I think it would be cool to have a great looking guitar that screams metal as well.

max-streich

Reaction score
hi guys,
I´m looking at those 2 guitars. the ibanez rg 1527 (1000€) and the jackson slat3 7 (1180€). i own a ibanez rg 2550z and love it. bridge neck body and so on.
I want to ask which one you guys think is the better guitar.
greetings max

')