Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
If I had to pick between those guitars. I'd go for the Ibanez, I have one and am looking at it right now. It's a great guitar and of course you get that thin neck. I swapped out the pups to EMG 81/85, and the neck pickup didn't fit just a tad, so a little routing may be required.

The Omen series isn't really that great at all.

If I were you i would just save a little more to get a mid-high mid range guitar. Or if you have a job just save up for your dream guitar. Don't take stops along the way.

I don't like a thin neck actually so I guess that takes it out of the list. I like more of a Fender modern "C" or something close like a medium U. I played an Ltd. AX-260 at the guitar shop the other day. Man, I freakin' loved that guitar the only thing was is that it had active pickups and an agathis body. I really loved the neck on that guitar and the overall feel. Out of all the guitars I played there, none came close to the feel of that guitar, whether expensive or not. :scratch: Funny how that works.

What I don't like about the guitar I have now is:
#1 - The maple fingerboard and alder body combine to make some thin sounding leads. I want rosewood.
#2 - It's a 21 fret guitar and I miss the extra 3 frets often.
#3 - It has a tremolo. I freakin' hate tremolos. I just need a fixed bridge.
#4 - I hate the pickguard look. I want a guitar that doesn't use a pickguard.

I guess I should just buy used locally? That way, whether the guitar is cheap or not, I'll be able to tell if it's worth whatever amount it is if not more? :agreed:

My dream guitar is whatever guitar matches those specs and has the feel I want.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalma5ness

doesn'towna7string
Reaction score
Hmm, wow. I'm gonna look like a cheapskate. Oh, well. For multitude of reasons and wants this is a list of guitars from which I will buy my next axe.

Ibanez RG3EXFM1
ESP F-50
ESP F-100FM
Laguna LE200
Laguna LE200Q
Schecter Omen 6
Schecter Omen 6 Extreme

Which is the best buy overall as far as looks and playability?
I will be switching pickups later whether I like these are not as I'll be putting them in my old Strat.
id actually say go for the schecter, i got an omen extreme 7 recently and for the price this guitar is amazing, the build quality is very good.

A1986

Reaction score
Hi everybody, new to the forum. Hope this is the right place for this, I'm trying to decide between a ltd sc-607b and An agile septor elite 727.any thoughts?

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score

atticmike

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm right now in the indecision of whether getting an ernie ball axis super sport (rosewood) or an ibanez s5470 tks for playing music genres such as protest the hero or the human abstract. For the past three years, I've been playing an esp ltd deluxe and wanted to make a little leap forward in terms of gear.

I appreciate any recommendation.

Mike

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I'd go for the ibanez. The supersport is more of an all purposes guitar while the ibanez is built for faster playing.

snowblind56

Reaction score
My biggest problem with Music Man guitars is that they have tiny frets(compared to an Ibanez) and have flat mounted Floyd Roses, so you can't do big time pull ups on the trem.

atticmike

Reaction score
The thing is that I've never been much of a tremolo user throughout my six string career and therefore ogle anything that is quasi pure and simple. The Ibanez, apart from its diversity and playability, feels like a machine to me. Furthermore, I copped a look at the john petrucci six string edition which unfortunately roams out of my budget.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Luke from Protest the Hero uses Ibanez S's which is my shredding guitar of choice simply because the necks are to DIE for speed and comfort wise.

pj85

Reaction score
+1 for the ibanez... I used to play ESPs as well and managed to snag an Ibanez at a fairly decent price. It's been a sordid, expensive love affair ever since.

An S series or RG550/570/770 would be my personal choice, try to go for ones with the Edge/Lo-Pro edge bridges as these were the best they've made!

If you prefer a fixed they have a few options, but again you can just stick a treml-no or block them trem if you prefer to have it fixed, and still have more bang for your buck with one of those!

atticmike

Reaction score
Went to a local guitar store and got to play the music man john Petrucci signature for couple of hours which made it hard for me to think of the ibanez again. Luckily, when I got back home, checked on ebay and chanced my luck on finding a good offer, I made a find. Now, I just have to stay put and hope that the import from the us to europe will go well :) Already looking forward to provide the state with my share of taxes... :/ What are the chances they let it pass? :D

afflictive

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm gonna sell my RG and RGA, to buy a new 7 string. I don't know which one I'll get yet, but I want to try something new. I've been looking at Schecters for some time now, and they seem to be really solid guitars. I primarely play death metal with like a progressive touch you might say, and I was wondering if I should go for a Hellraiser C-7 or the Jeff Loomis.

Please suggest any other guitars that would suit this. Not any tremolos please :)

Have a good day.

Frak

Banned
Reaction score
How much are you willing to spend? Your description seems a bit too vague, there could be a hundred options...

However, I owned both a Loomis and a C-7 and I'd say the Loomis without a doubt. Better feel, superior tone due to the maple+ash combo, and thinner neck than a C-7. ;)

afflictive

Reaction score
True true. Well, in us dollars, maybe $1000. I barely tried a Hellraiser C7 once, and my immidiate thought was that the neck was kinda bulky (been playing RG for the last year so). But if the Loomis comes a bit between that it would be awesome! Since it's Ash isn't it kinda heavy?

atticmike

Reaction score
the ibanez 7 strings are quite reliable and compared to the hellraiser better to play. Take for example the korn signature 7 string ibanez which shouldn't overrun your budget in an used condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibanez_K7: Got to play one of these and was positively surprised despite my slight seven string reluctance :D

chopshop777

Reaction score
which one should I get ? the Jackson's neck is phenomenal and the pick ups are EMGs which I like a lot , the Ibanez RGD 2127Z haven't had a chance to actually play one , what what do you think ? which one should I get ? thanks for your input, cheers. Ed

firegarden

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and so far it has been very informative. I am currently looking for a good 7 string and have nailed it down to the RGA7 or an Agile Interceptor. However, not sure which way to go now.

The RGA7 has had good reviews and I will be swapping the stock pups out for EMG 707s if I get it.

The Agile however seems great right out of the box, however, since I live in Singapore, it is going to be a risk shipping it over. I have seen threads that mention the the order was wrong and since I am overseas, will be unable to return it.

Does any of the 7 string gurus have any advice to help me with my decision?

Thanks!!! :cool:

')