Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
:welcome: and i would go for the RGA7 due to :

1 - custom issue (although kurt is always accommodating when receiving damaged good, even if you live abroad)
2 - ibanez is a much bigger company than Agile

good luck...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
Agile have the quality for money on their side but really cant go up against Ibanez

Ibanez gets my vote

Reaction score
I'm on my iPad, so please excuse the brief post. I owned an RGA7 for a few months and I was completely underwhelmed with it. Through my peavy setup the pickups sounded worse than the stock ones on my buddy's 7321. YMMV.

The RGA7 will need routing to fit the emgs, I (like a fool without doing research first) bought a pair only to have my guy tell me that he'd need to route into the body to accommodate them.

After playing a few of the agiles that various friends owned, I would definitely opt for the agile over the RGA7.

Another (personal) issue for me was the body, it felt wrong, for lack of a better word.

Please keep in mind that this is my own opinion, and I encourage you to get out there and play them for yourself (if you're able to)

The one thing I loved about it though was the binding. It looked great.

Good luck with your purchase!

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
If you take any advice from the above post...try to play both guitars first.
Although Agiles always look great, who knows if it'll play the way you want it to.
You dont want to go paying money for a guitar you've never played only to get it home & it feels like a 2x4

firegarden

Reaction score
Thanks for all the quick replies. So hang on, the EMGs will not fit the RGA7? From what I heard it will fit...hmmm

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
which one should I get ? the Jackson's neck is phenomenal and the pick ups are EMGs which I like a lot , the Ibanez RGD 2127Z haven't had a chance to actually play one , what what do you think ? which one should I get ? thanks for your input, cheers. Ed

Jackson IMHO, compound radius makes the neck really comfy IMHO, plus you have EMGs against Ibanez's own brand. Had similar pickups in my RGA8 and they were not pleasant.

styx

Reaction score
In FACT, the EMGs fit the RGA7 WITHOUT ANY ROUTING. I did the change myself and even the battery box can accept a 9V battery without routing, just had to remove the plastic in it and it was ok.

IMO, the stock pickups sound great, the EMG 81-7 i put in it does not add clarity or gain to the stock pickups.

The only thing i can't stand about my RGA-7 is that it doesn't stay in tune.
This is the real problem with it. Maybe some good locking tuners would help, because they are done for this purpose (and also simplifying the string change).

firegarden

Reaction score
Thanks styx, i am leaning toward the RGA7 now and confirming that the EMGs fit is another plus for the RGA.

I was going to stick 707s in but having no experience at all with EMGs, I do not know if they are the best choice, when compared to the 81-7 etc...plus the 707TW might be another option as it offer's single coil capability, giving the guitar more options...hmmm...such a noob when it comes to active pickups...

Oh and the tone cut switch can be easily replaced with a tone pot ya?

Reaction score
which one should I get ? the Jackson's neck is phenomenal and the pick ups are EMGs which I like a lot , the Ibanez RGD 2127Z haven't had a chance to actually play one , what what do you think ? which one should I get ? thanks for your input, cheers. Ed

I have a SLAT3-7. I like it and spend an hour or so pluncking around on it every evening. I always liked Jackson necks and their superstrat bodies. On the other hand, I've never even seen that particular Ibanez anywhere yet but I'm sure its really nice. It also has an inch longer scale which would allow you to tune down lower than the Jackson which pretty much won't go much lower than A standard. Thats about all I can say.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a tight and clear tone for riffage and extended chord work under high gain, with smooth lead tones. Leaning towards the Hellraiser as of now, since I'm a lead player and I want a smooth lead tone, but will the Mahogany neck/mahogany body combination give me a tight/articulate tone if I fiddle with amp settings enough?

Cheers!

D0nny2600

guitarshopeurope.com
Reaction score
I own a Loomis and a C7. The loomis is a fantastic guitar and will cover all your needs. I personally prefer the loomis to the other C7. Try them out first if at all possible.

Legion

Reaction score
Isn't the Loomis a bit sharp/thin sounding? With the ash body/maple neck/maple fretboard and all? I want a fat and smooth lead tone.

Trying them isn't really possible, out here in India we don't get shit.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Loomis definitely isn't thin sounding. My flatmate owns one and it sounds huge, both in terms of rhythm and lead tone :yesway:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Try to mail Thomann and see if they would ship to you. That's a german online shop and I know they have Loomis in stock all the time.

-Oracle-

BRAINZZZ!!!
Reaction score
I think you'll love the Loomis way more than the Hellraiser.
The tone is tighter, more articulate, sounds huge and cuts thru better than the C7, I've owned both so you can trust. ;)

Metal_Late

Reaction score
I have Loomis and C7 too. I prefer C7 for darker rhythm sound but Loomis is winning for overall tones. Loomis sound´s huge too and cut better through in the mixes.

You play lead guitar so get Loomis. Hellraiser get´s the job done as well so you have to try or own both ;)

Legion

Reaction score
Hmmm. Will the Loomis have a smooth and round lead tone I'm looking for in the neck pickup? If it does, then I'm going for a Loomer!

')