Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
Hey guys joined the site like half a week ago and loving the helpfulness of the forum. Honestly one of the best forums ive been on :hbang:!

So now i need help as im deciding which First 7 to get after i experimented numerous times with....

I got 2 choices to end my search

The Mighty Agile

Agile Interceptor Pro 725 MN Black Flame at RondoMusic.com

OR

Schecter's new C-7

Hellraiser Special C-7 FR

As for as necks go would the schecter be compared to a MIM Fender Neck? I got one right now seeing as you say they are pretty big. I got Small hands but have a great range of spreading my fingers apart.

Lastly i do not want a 727 after reading much about them i cant see myself playing a 727 as i do Lots of leads and such. But found the 26.5 scale to be perfect balance of 25.5 and 27 to give me the clearness of the B while doing Leads and not losing that Warmness a 25.5 has.

Thanks,

MobiusR
you seem to have already agreed on the schecter haha. actually the increased scale helps some lead players because there is less room too "miss" but thats if they have stubby fingers or just clumsy players. The neck is indeed a pretty good size on the schecter,though I have yet to play the special series the original hellraiser 7's neck is comparable to kind of an almost sg(ish) neck (gibson). Its not uncomfortable though. I can't say anything about the agile because I don't have exp. with agile yet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tpl2000

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss.
Reaction score
Pretty self-explanatory. I'd be getting the EMG and/or 7-string version of the stealth, in this context.

I like having versatility, but I adore the shape of the Stealth, and having played a couple X shaped guitars, they're EXTREMELY comfortable sitting down.

Thoughts?

Edit; Whoops! Didn't even know this thread existed, thanks for moving it.

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
you seem to have already agreed on the schecter haha. actually the increased scale helps some lead players because there is less room too "miss" but thats if they have stubby fingers or just clumsy players. The neck is indeed a pretty good size on the schecter,though I have yet to play the special series the original hellraiser 7's neck is comparable to kind of an almost sg(ish) neck (gibson). Its not uncomfortable though. I can't say anything about the agile because I don't have exp. with agile yet.

Well its between

1. 25.5 vs 26.5

2. Maple (i prefer) or Rosewood --- Can i dye it Ebony???

3. EMG 81/85 or EMG 707s

Reaction score
here's the deal

im really fucked up(my brain:rolleyes::scream:
one question
WHICH IS BETTER MICHAEL PAGET 600 ESP LTD OR
DEVIL DRIVER MIKE SIGNATURE MS1 ESP LTD:shred:

GoodJobTed

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for a new geetar. I had my eye on a Schecter Jeff Loomis FR or maybe a Carvin DC747 (correct model name?) my experience with schecter has been wholly negative, but I blame Guitar Center entirely for that... Any experience/ suggestions? Thanks homeskillets!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
What genre do you play? What scale length are you looking for? What specs would you like? What's your price range?

skyeDCCCXX

Reaction score
There should be a template for asking for new guitar suggestions...

Ibanez RGA7. (Just going to continue to suggest this guitar to everyone)

;)

johnythehero

The kid
Reaction score
this won't be till the endish of summer so theres chance it will change and what not

rga8

or

agile intrepid 828

I will be playing in drop F# mostly so I don't know if the 28" scale is overall necissary because I dont really mind massive strings but I have a sweet spot for Ibby necks but the price kinda puts me off. Any other suggestions? range is 600-700

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
hello, i am curious how the three necks and over all playability of these three guitars compare and which one would be the best choice in your guys opinion. i purchased a k7 and im going to keep it this time lol, but i was thinking about getting a RC7 or jeff loomis. what are the main pros and cons between those guitars? they are all around the same price and i consider them to all be middle/higher end guitars so im just hoping that i wont regret opting out of a loomis or RC7. i have never played either of those two and am hoping that someone here has played all three and can have a valid opinion on them. thanks.

kevyp12

Reaction score
ok, so i def wanna get an 8 string, but im not sure whether or not to get the rg2228 or its little brother the rga8. obviously, the rg2228 is better with craftsmanship and parts, but im not sure whether or not its worth another $1000 dollars. as for pickups, id switch em out eventually so thats not an issue. anyone have experience with both? also, how about agiles? i know many had problems with the kahler bridge so which one would be the best decision. thanks guys.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
2228 is much better build quality and woods all around, and the neck on the 2228 is more comfy IMO, but the rga8 isnt a bad instrument at all. if you arent doing any high-demand playing like shredding a million notes a second, id say get the rga8 and upgrade the pups and get a fret job and you win =)

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Yeah, realistically, the RGA8 is more practical for a non-professional guitarist. I'd say get the RGA, put some Blackouts/EMGs/BKPs/what have you in it (probably around $300 max), and still have $700 to put towards your rig.

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
2228... at least youll be satisfied!

kevyp12

Reaction score
i dont know if im willing to pay 800 more to be "satisified" with this economy

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
I ditched the rga8 idea soon as I realized I'd have to do work on it/replace shit to like it enough..that and I despise gloss black. :lol: I have a 2228 now that I bought for 1200 and I ADORE it, I couldn't be happier with the decision. :yesway:

Reaction score
ok, so i def wanna get an 8 string, but im not sure whether or not to get the rg2228 or its little brother the rga8. obviously, the rg2228 is better with craftsmanship and parts, but im not sure whether or not its worth another $1000 dollars. as for pickups, id switch em out eventually so thats not an issue. anyone have experience with both? also, how about agiles? i know many had problems with the kahler bridge so which one would be the best decision. thanks guys.

Great, the RG2228 has much fancier wood in the body and neck... but yeah, then again its got EMG pickups which would sound the same strapped to a 2X4 as they would on an RG2228. Is a little sticker that says "Prestige", a sparkly paint job and some EMG's worth an extra $1200 to you?

Thats the logic behind why I went with the RGA8. I can gut the pickups, and put in some Lundgrens or Bare Knuckles in it and still have enough money left over to buy another RGA8 for a live backup guitar.

')