Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Hollowman

Reaction score
I believe Agile's are made in Korea....
Agile also has a Silverburst...
or are these both used?
are they neck thru?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ESP_0bsessed

Reaction score
Both used, but Like new, as in been played for a few hours each,
im doing a trade, so its either a blue agile, or the jackson..

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
The Agile is Korean, and a Neck-thru, while the COW is a bolt on with a painted neck. I'd go for the Agile, but honestly these are pretty different guitars.

ESP_0bsessed

Reaction score
The agile is more appealing, but im also thinking about resale value, and
what is the quality, korean made vs japanese made
are we talking ibanez prestige japan quality here or just like slave children being forced to make the guitars, as per usual :p

Spondus

Reaction score
The agile is more appealing, but im also thinking about resale value, and
what is the quality, korean made vs japanese made
are we talking ibanez prestige japan quality here or just like slave children being forced to make the guitars, as per usual :p

You're aware that Japan's a developed country right? That should probably answer the last question.

Luckily I have a Japanese Jackson and an Agile at hand (an RR3 and an intrepid) and have to say they're both great. The fretwork is probably better on the Jackson, but the stock hardware on the intrepid is better (hipshot bridge + grovers).

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Agile man. For sure, just get an agile dude.

ESP_0bsessed

Reaction score
Arghh, im so stuck, its the agile up to now, everyone seems to be saying agile aglile agile,
for a korean guitar, i hope its good,
cos the jackson is jap made, but with the agile your getting huge bang for buck really

rfseet

Reaction score
hey everyone, i'm looking for an intermediate 7 string. I have some 6 string prestiges, so you know what i'm looking for. I prefer a maple fretboard and mahogany body tonewise and also don't mind emgs actually.

I've pretty much narrowed down my choices to these. comments anyone?

1. RG7620 I love the necks, but shipping's gonna be a pain since I can't get them from dealers
2. Schecter Loomis NT. the neck is not really an oar to me
3. BC Rich Rizzo I sling my guitars high, so neck dive isn't an issue
4. BC Rich JRV 7 modded with new pickups
5. ET guitars custom rg. How long do I have to wait for that?
6. Ltd MH-417. How's the quality on those?

Ice4600

Reaction score
Based on your location I'm going to say Agile is a no go for you, so if you look used, you can find an RG1527 for under a grand, which IMO beats everything else on the list. The RG7620 would also suit you well, and is generally cheaper used and IMO worth the shipping cost if you get a good deal, since you should have money left over for nicer pickups. The Schecter is the only combination of a maple board and mahogany body that I can think of without going Agile, custom or frankensteining a guitar from a 1527M neck and an MBOL from Ibanez, but that would end up costing you more than you want to spend, and wouldn't be worth it.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
Based on your location I'm going to say Agile is a no go for you, so if you look used, you can find an RG1527 for under a grand, which IMO beats everything else on the list. The RG7620 would also suit you well, and is generally cheaper used and IMO worth the shipping cost if you get a good deal, since you should have money left over for nicer pickups. The Schecter is the only combination of a maple board and mahogany body that I can think of without going Agile, custom or frankensteining a guitar from a 1527M neck and an MBOL from Ibanez, but that would end up costing you more than you want to spend, and wouldn't be worth it.
Schecter has a Swamp Ash body. Anyways, I'd go for the 7620, and swap the pups, for what you're going to get out of it, shipping is gonna be minor.

rfseet

Reaction score
guys you know what's funny? while reading the thread i just saw an rg1527 with modded dimarzios go for just over a grand with shipping. damn.:fawk:

i'm not that picky about fretboards actually. ebony does great too. it's more of a body thing. i simply don't get enough of low end tightness on basswood.

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
RG1527CB (3 piece neck) VS. RG1527RB (5 piece neck)

which one is generally preferred? either of the two higher quality (i know ibanez quality jumps around from year to year) both of these look sweet, im not sure which to go with

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
RG1527CB (3 piece neck) VS. RG1527RB (5 piece neck)

which one is generally preferred? either of the two higher quality (i know ibanez quality jumps around from year to year) both of these look sweet, im not sure which to go with

disregard this post.... i just bought an RG7620MSOL off ebay and the search is now over :hbang:

SSpear

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here, and I was wondering if I could get some input on getting my first 7-string. I'm currently torn between an Ibanez S7420 and a Schecter C-7 FR, but I'd be open to other suggestions. I'm looking for something in the $600-$800 range, though I could go a little higher if I saved up a bit longer. Tremolo is a must. As for music, my band's been itching to add some Nevermore to our cover repertoire. I would be most appreciative if I could get some suggestions.

Cookiedude777

I'm Danny.
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here, and I was wondering if I could get some input on getting my first 7-string. I'm currently torn between an Ibanez S7420 and a Schecter C-7 FR, but I'd be open to other suggestions. I'm looking for something in the $600-$800 range, though I could go a little higher if I saved up a bit longer. Tremolo is a must. As for music, my band's been itching to add some Nevermore to our cover repertoire. I would be most appreciative if I could get some suggestions.

Personally I would go for the Schecter guitar. Their guitars are are brilliant for the price tags they set them in. Schecter Hellraiser Special C7 FR 7 right? I read a much of reviews and it seems to be tops! I was going to get one for myself but I ended up getting the Schecter Extreme 7 which is still awesome. Apparently the C7 you are into is "light". that I would not be sure about..it comes with awesome EMG pickups though so thats a thumbs up! :)
I still vote for Schecter :lol:

Latest posts

')