Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

ThisWorldIsOurs

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Yeah Im trying to decide and based on the reviews the petruccis are really nice, but there is nowhere for me to actually try one....They are rare and expensive as hellllll haha.

-the green dot is so cool looking, but im just worried about it being a 21 year old guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gregmarx7

Reaction score
The john petrucci 7 is insaneeeee. I just got one. You can't go wrong there.
But for about half the price, the universe is a good deal, in my opinion. I've never really heard something bad about them.

ThisWorldIsOurs

Reaction score
Yeah man congrats! Im thinking the same thing. I have heard the musicman is so nice, but I know im going to want to BFR:bowdown: annnnnd those are like the price of a used car that works hahahaha.

Thinking about the universe, replacing the pickguard and taking out the single coil which I probably wouldn't use.

Its either this guitar or funds for an axe fx, but now im just being indecisive!

dr_game0ver

Reaction score
hello guys( or boys, or neggas, or dudes, or girls), i've sold my horrible ltd M100Fm for 250€ and i have the choice between an ibanez rg 321 and a cort Kx5, also a bc rich virgo celtic and a lag arkane A100 but i'm not verry interresting by them...

i go trying all off them next week!

thX!:wavey:

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
hi dudes

so if it came down to it:

Ibanez RG1421 or Ibanez RGA121

good deal on both would spend about the same on either or. I love both guitars. which would you guys choose?

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
hi dudes

so if it came down to it:

Ibanez RG1421 or Ibanez RGA121

good deal on both would spend about the same on either or. I love both guitars. which would you guys choose?

RGA121 has a more Illustrious reputation here, I'd say go for it.

I have a VS though

Would you rather have a LTD Viper 1000 or Gibson Faded SG Special? I'd include an Agile Valkrie too but they are buttfugly

272982.jpg

759884.jpg

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
thanks!

personally i have never played an sg that i liked. so i would lean towards the ltd. :)

Heineken

Blackened is the end
Reaction score
My primary 7 at the moment is a Schecter Blackjack C7, which I love to death, but I do wish the neck was a tad smaller, still though, I play it with no issues.

I'm looking at selling my backup 7 (Schecter Damien7) to fund an equally good (or better) 2nd 7, which could end up being my new primary 7.

Ultimately I'd love to get the prestige RGD from ibanez, but it's a tad pricey and seeing how I have plans on getting an AxeFX sometime late this summer, might not be in my best interest.

I was looking at the Schecter Loomis as an option, heard their necks are good as far as Schecter 7's go. The other option would be the Ibanez RGD 7320 (with floyd rose) and drop some Blackouts in it.

I'm open to ideas and opinions

JoaoFX

Reaction score
Hello! I currently have an RG350, I quite like it for a 6 string, the neck is nice and thin, not the Wizard Prestige quality, but still, I really like it.

I currently have at disposition a friend's Damien 7 with stock Emg HZ's, and fixed TOM brigde. I love it for the fact that it's so easy to change tunings, without the locking tuning hassle.
He said that he would sell it to me if he managed to buy another 7 string, still, I have my eye set for 4 different guitars:

RG7321 (and change pickups later)
RGA7 (Change pickups later)
Damien 7 Elite (How much better is the Elite than the "regular" Damien that I am playing at the moment?)
ESP LTD MH417 (Neck Thru seems nice)

I mainly want a 7 string with fixed bridge, for easy tuning capabilities, and to play some John Petrucci/Dream Theater/Periphery(everyone wants to play these nowadays).

Thank you for reading and for your time, cheers. :hbang:

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score
If you're already liking your RG, the RG7321 and RGA7 should be fine.
The Damien 7 Elite is mahogany with EMG81-7/85-7, rather than basswood with the universally despised EMG-HZ set. I'd still prefer the LTD over it though.

Most importantly, play them first, and trust your own hands.

JoaoFX

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply!
Well, where I live I don't have access to music stores, and I can't try guitars.
The only judgment I can make, is that I like the "regular" Damien, but the neck is a bit thick, also the tension on the strings on standard tuning with 0.010's is a bit "too much", still I like it.

Comparing to the Schecter Elite, the LTD has a thinner neck, or is it about the same?

Edit: My friend's Damien as exquisite fret work, if I may say. Comparing to my RG350, it's fabulous, I would expect no less from an Elite, comparing to the "regular" Damien.

Erick Kroenen

Reaction score
the problem i had with my schecter loomis (26.5 scale) was the tension with 10's i changed to 9's and the neck was thick for me.. but so far was the best sound on a guitar a little bright but fixable with a tweek, i sold that one to get an Agile hornet wich a like but the trem was to cheap, so i sold this one too and bought an agile septor elite wich i like alot the neck, the pups and the bridge are super good... the reason im telling my expirience is because i couldn't try those guitars so i bought them hehehe and sold them you have to trust your hands and your ears..

Go for Ibanezzz..... (i don't have an ibby coz i don't like basswood and the rosewoow fretboards after playing a loomis sig. maple and ebony fb are my thing hehehehe)

why i have an agile??
price.
woods..
neck..
scale..

JoaoFX

Reaction score
If you say Ibanez, maybe I'm going to search the used market haha
sometimes you can get guitars with custom pickups much cheaper than they cost new ahahaha

SilverSpurs616

I'm your secrets
Reaction score
Hey all, just a lil update.. I posted the other week about the Dean RC7x VS Ibby RG1527. I went with the RC7x, but there have been a ton of problems with the order.. seems they've almost completely gone out of stock across the UK! In white at least (no interest in ANOTHER black guitar!)

So! After cancelling that order, I now have the RG1527 in blue arriving shortly :) it's almost like there was some sort of divine intervention leading me back to Ibanez xD

rfseet

Reaction score
yep i'm stuck between a old schecter blackjack (not atx) with BKPs, and a stock loomis. And the blackjack cost almost $300 less!

steve1

Reaction score
yep i'm stuck between a old schecter blackjack (not atx) with BKPs, and a stock loomis. And the blackjack cost almost $300 less!

i love my blackjack, never played a loomis though. blackjack + bkps sounds like a good deal

pawiffuwee

Reaction score
Keepin' this short and simple.
Ibby RG7321
Dean VNXM Vendetta 7
Douglas Hadron 7 ( newest one, check rondo's site)
Douglas Scope 727
LTD MF-207
If any of you have these guitars, I would like to know how it feels/sounds/plays from people that have them.

AWAX

Reaction score
Any other suggestions are welcome :wavey:

I was looking at a couple 7 strings in particular. The Ibanez RGD7321 on MF, new, for $600 (plus PS, GS and BS and duties.)

Or an Ibanez 7620 for about $600 (2 possible) plus the aforementioned PS, GS, and BS. Will be my first ever. It'll be interesting.

Which one is the better deal? I'll most likely tune either to Drop G/G#. The hard-tail of the RGD seems better because I like experimenting with different tunings, and the Floyd on the 7620 seems like it would be a bitch to learn, but fun to use.

The one I pick will be my mainly metal guitar, may rock some weird post-rock tunes or some other kind of cleans songs as well.

I did try and look up reviews for both, but couldn't really find anything, if none at all.

Latest posts

')