Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

kent-ish

Reaction score
^ i usually stay away from most schecters as im not a fan of the quality of most of their guitars. without playing the hellraiser 8 or knowing pretty much anything about it, I'd go the agile or ibanez, depending on price, shipping and what specs you like.

also, so far I've had pretty much no feedback on my dilema, can someone help me out here? ive posted my dilema like twice on page 31 here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

veggie7sXe

Reaction score
honestly i vote the K7. worst case scenario find an up-and-coming luthier to reboard it with a nice blank ebony board :nom:

the k7 has a rediculously nice shreddy neck, its reminiscent to me of the older UV's, plus it has a mahogany body, which i personally prefer tone-wise.

i wish i went with buying a k7 and reboarding it to be honest, tbh, i've never run into a neck that i liked that much... it was just... perfect

anyway i should recommend a 2027 as well
if you want an ebony fingerboard, just get some ebony dye and dye the rosewood. its still grainy but it pretty cool. just be careful around the inlays. it shouldnt hurt em but you cant be too carefull

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
OKAY PEOPLE, after a TONNE of research and rabid forum posting and getting flamed and what not, it's come down to THIS: Schecter Loomis OR Ibanez APEX2 OR Agile Septor Elite 727. I'm placing the order tomorrow morning. I'm just asking this question because a LOT of budget ups and downs have occurred since I last asked you guys the "OMG WAT GEETAR?!" question! Plus now I have the option to get one down from the US. Which is the best guitar in terms of build quality?

LOOMIS: I'd have got this one, but I have concerns about the neck being a little weak and vulnerable to drastic climate changes(I've heard it's a one piece neck, and 3 piece is better than 1 piece, right?)

APEX 2: Fits my bill almost perfectly but the bridge pup is a bit weak and also it's only 25.5" scale. I'd prefer something hotter in the bridge+ a longer scale.

Agile Septor Elite 727: LOVELY guitar, but I have concerns about the build quality(fretwork, wood quality etc.)

Currently leaning towards the Agile. Okay. Now, gimme your opinions.

Please reply FAST! Placing order tomorrow morning.

Cheers!

space frog

Reaction score
Agile build quality is most often great, but if you have any problem you can ship it back to kurt and ask a refund.

jcbakz

Reaction score
I really cant decide which one to get. I need your opinions and experience in both guitars to help me decide which one to purchase. neither are near me.
specs, price is not the issue here its the sound of the guitar that I am after.
the thing is, I dont play metal only. I play a lot of variety and would want a single guitar to do that and have narrowed it to only these two. I have been very patient, waiting for over a year to purchase either of these two and finally I have the money to buy one.
loomis> maple/ash
agile> ebony/mahogany
both are on emgs but how big is the difference in the sound?
which one sounds heavenly in cleans?
which one sounds like a beast when distorted?
which one owns and your overall?

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
STORY TIME!
I've had 1 medium range ibanez, 1 high end LTD , dean acoustic and a few others.
So long story short I had to sell everything but 1 guitar.
Its a 79 Samick , bright yellow , six string , H-S configuration with I think a gain booster switch but not sure. Its beat to HELL and back but I love it.

Anyway i'm looking for a guitar to save up for when I get a job, before I get a car.
I'm looking to spend 400$ american TOPS.

I would prefer something with a floyd but its def. not a deal breaker.
I know how to set up a floyd and take care of it. I'm not one to abuse the trem too much.
I would like the pickups to be able to do a little bit of everything but honestly I play classic rock to metal as well as instrumental things like satriani and Vai and Friendman
Shape isn't an issue as long as it isn't something extreme.

I've been looking at
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424CM Electric Guitar: Shop Guitars & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend
DV016_Jpg_Large_515347.039_heritage_cherry_sunburst.jpg

ESP LTD EC-256 Electric Guitar: Shop Guitars & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

DV016_Jpg_Large_521009.040_aged_honey_burst.jpg

Ibanez RG350MP Electric Guitar: Shop Guitars & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

DV016_Jpg_Large_H70008.001_white.jpg

Any other suggestions? I will go used but would prefer not too
Also I plan on buying a vypyr from my friend CHEAP so amp will be taken car of

Osiris

Reaction score
keep saving up and get something nicer
however the RG350dx is a pretty good guitar, I prefer it over my RGA121

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
keep saving up and get something nicer
however the RG350dx is a pretty good guitar, I prefer it over my RGA121

I need to get something in this price range first before I save up for a car.

after I get a car then I will save up for something nice!

The only guitar I have now could crap out on me any time now and I need something that will last for a while till I can get a car and save up for a really nice guitar.

I don't know why I didn't think of that! i'll definitely look into it

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've got the TOM version of the Kramer you posted, and only thing I did to it was install a SD Invader in the bridge and a '59 in the neck, and the thing fucking slays

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Try to get a used guitar that won't require a pickup change. With your budget, prime candidates would be LTDs with EMGs, Epiphones and LPs studios if you're lucky. I think you can also get good MIM Fenders for that price, used also.
Spending 400$ on a new guitar almost guarantees you'll be disappointed.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Try to get a used guitar that won't require a pickup change. With your budget, prime candidates would be LTDs with EMGs, Epiphones and LPs studios if you're lucky. I think you can also get good MIM Fenders for that price, used also.
Spending 400$ on a new guitar almost guarantees you'll be disappointed.

I know i'm going to be disappointed somewhat

This guitar has just got to do me till I save up for a car. Then i'll start saving for a really nice guitar.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Why are you worried about the other guitar 'crapping out', what exactly do you expect to happen, you might have to touch up solder but that is it.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Why are you worried about the other guitar 'crapping out', what exactly do you expect to happen, you might have to touch up solder but that is it.

The bridge has some rust on it and its hard to play some of the strings without it snapping and the other ones will not stay in tune after five minutes of playing

rfseet

Reaction score
A lovely dilema here guys.

Schecter Loomis NT or BC Rich Rizzo?

They're priced the same for me. I rarely tune down, but don't mind the 26.5 scale of the Schecter. And as for pickups, i'm gonna swap them out anyway.

')