Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score

Counterspell

Wesley Belmont
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been searching and I found some info, but still having a hard time deciding between

Ibanez rgd2127 or finding a used jp7.

I know the jp quality wise is preferred, but I keep leaning towards the Ibby mainly due to the extra scale length to help for my drop G tuning, and also I love trem abuse lol. Thanks for any thoughts :)

Matthew

Reaction score
Used RG7620 MIJ with some decent paint chipping(images included) on the edges for $375
VS
New SBMM JP70

Are MIJ 7620s so reliable that I shouldn't be worrying about some pain chipping?

Attachments

• IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2608.JPG
    IMG_2608.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2610.JPG
    IMG_2610.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2611.JPG
    IMG_2611.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 12

LUNDY

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been lurking for a few months (just signed up recently). I wanna get into the 8 string scene. Probably would be tuning in F# or drop E. I like passive pickups and I've been looking mostly into Ibanez and Agile 8 strings both 27 inch scale. As I'm new to 8 string I wanna be around that $1000 mark. I own an Ibanez 6 string and I really like the slim neck and slim body as it's a slim series.

Mostly I've been looking at these S8 Septor.

I think what I would really like would be an RG2228A, but dropping 2k+ on a guitar without having any experience doesn't seem wise.

Anyways. Thoughts on those guitars, Agile and Ibanez 8 strings in general or any other suggestions are most welcome.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Used RG7620 MIJ with some decent paint chipping(images included) on the edges for $375
VS
New SBMM JP70

Are MIJ 7620s so reliable that I shouldn't be worrying about some pain chipping?

As a mega-huge JP fanboy... I say the 7620 :p

The 7620 is just a workhorse and I think reselling it would be easier too. Paint chips, to me, are completely "overlookable". It's not like there's severe stress cracking or anything in the neck pocket.

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
Hey guys! Been trying to decide on a new 7 and I'm having a tough time. I'm looking at either an Agile Septor 727 or an Ibanez RGD7421. Either way I am thinking of swapping in a CL/LF combo. Does anyone have much experience with either guitar?

break

Reaction score
For 'experimentation' to see if 7 string is right for me... so wanting to keep $$$ as low as possible (I have my Schecter SLS, ATX, and LTD MH400 for my quality guitars).

Tossing up between the LTD M-17 and the Schecter SGR C-7

M-17 seems like a logical choice because the 25.5 scale should be easier for me to transition to (seeing all my guitars are 25.5), but I'm not sure what the quality is like between both (yes, both will be cheap and nasty... but which is the least cheap and nasty)... however all the YouTube clips seem to give me the impression that the tone of the SGR is a little nicer.

Intention is to run Bb tuning, so nothing too zany.

Thoughts?

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Right now I have a rg7321 and I'm deciding between a used LTD MH417 in perfect condition used for $350 and a new RGD7421 for $600. I play mainly in drop A and G#....considering the price of both, would it really be THAT Much better to go for the RGD??

I could also have a used Schecter SLS C-7 for $350. The bridge pup(blackouts) stopped working so he put the neck pup in the bridge.

Help me decide please!
Used MH417 $350
New RGD $600
Used SLS C-7 $350

MrSleepwalker

Reaction score
Right now I have a rg7321 and I'm deciding between a used LTD MH417 in perfect condition used for $350 and a new RGD7421 for $600. I play mainly in drop A and G#....considering the price of both, would it really be THAT Much better to go for the RGD??

I could also have a used Schecter SLS C-7 for $350. The bridge pup(blackouts) stopped working so he put the neck pup in the bridge.

Help me decide please!
Used MH417 $350
New RGD $600
Used SLS C-7 $350

They all are kind of the same :D
I'd recommend you to save the money and buy then a Carvin or a J-Ibby, or you can buy an RGD and swap pickups for Dimarzio or BKP, because the stock ones really suck

AS32

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between the following guitars, all of which are in about the same price range:

Carvin DC700
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB EMG / Interceptor Pro 727 EB EMG
Schecter Damien Elite-7 FR
Ibanez RGIR27E

Quick question about the Agiles too: Is there any reason why the price differences between the different models don't seem to make much sense? I've been looking through the 7-string models on the rondomusic website and sometimes the same model with a floyd rose is less expensive than one with it... Am I missing something, since all of the specs besides this seem to look the same?

Thanks for the help

Sukuth

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm pretty much new to the sevenstring guitars, been playing 6-string until now. However I'm going to get my first sevenstring in a month or two and somehow by browsing the net I kind of think I am going to try a Jackson. I think I found two guitars which I think might do the trick but now I can't decide, so any help from you guys would be really appreciated. It's either SLATTXMG3-7 Soloist or DKA7. My band plays some heavier guitars, but not too "brutal" (maybe stuff like KoRn, Limp Bizkit etc.). And my gear is Engl Thunder 50 with an Engl reprobox. Thanks for any reply. ;)

Pat_tct

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

so as soon as my tax return hits my bank account I´m going to pull the trigger on one of those 2 mentioned guitars.

First there were like 6 different models I was looking into and I have reduced it down to these 2.
Both are within my budget (around 500€) and have the basic specs I wanted.

Both have:
Neck-Through-Contruction :yesway:
Hardtail (TOM) bridge :yesway:
Gloss finished neck :noway: could make it matte by using some 0000 steel wool right?

SLXT:
pro - passive pickups (going to replace them with lace Deathbuckers) / routing
pro - only 450€ new so there is still some money left fore the new pups

con - gloss black finish
con - sharkfin inlays aren't my faves

MH-350NT:
pro - nicer finish
pro - nicer inlays

con - active PU's and routing (would replace them with laces too)
con - a little over my budget (could buy a b-stock for around 550€)

what would you guys go for in terms of quality/playability?
Anyone have experience with those models / similar models of that brands in this price range.

katsusand

Touhou lover
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide bethween 3 pickups(bridge) for my Ibanez RG7420…

Dimarzio Crunch Lab
Dimarzio D-SONIC
Saymour Duncan Distortion
Saymour Dancan Nazgŭl

Which is the best for Djent and Metalcore??

AuraCascade

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I'm seriously considering getting my 1st 7-string, but I'm left handed so the market seems pretty small. I've done a fair amount of searching and the 3 I'm thinking about are:
Dean - RC7X Rusty Cooley Signature "Wraith"
Schecter - JLV7 FR Jeff Loomis Signature
Agile - Interceptor Pro 727

ANY advice/feedback/first-hand experience for any of these would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
Also, I'm most-likely going to have to order it online, so if anyone has any thoughts on any of that shipping/delivery jazz, your opinions are welcome!
Also also, if anyone has any other suggestions or ideas for me, feel free to let me know!! Thanks!

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide bethween 3 pickups(bridge) for my Ibanez RG7420…

Dimarzio Crunch Lab
Dimarzio D-SONIC
Saymour Duncan Distortion
Saymour Dancan Nazgŭl

Which is the best for Djent and Metalcore??

Dimarzio D-Activator, I've got one in one of my guitars and it does djent and metalcore for days. I've also got a Duncan Distortion, but don't really like it as much since it's got a fizzier top end and a more boomy low end than I'd like. Crunch Lab would work as well if you want a slightly fatter sound.

Hey everybody,
I'm seriously considering getting my 1st 7-string, but I'm left handed so the market seems pretty small. I've done a fair amount of searching and the 3 I'm thinking about are:
Dean - RC7X Rusty Cooley Signature "Wraith"
Schecter - JLV7 FR Jeff Loomis Signature
Agile - Interceptor Pro 727

ANY advice/feedback/first-hand experience for any of these would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
Also, I'm most-likely going to have to order it online, so if anyone has any thoughts on any of that shipping/delivery jazz, your opinions are welcome!
Also also, if anyone has any other suggestions or ideas for me, feel free to let me know!! Thanks!

The Schecter would probably be your best bet out of those three since Agile's sort of known for hit-or-miss QC and you can't return a bad one outside of the US IIRC. I don't really like Dean so I'm kinda biased, but the Schecter will be a good starting point. I'm not sure about the availability of left handed versions of their SLS or Blackjack series, but those would be worth looking at as well.

')