Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

CosmicMind

Reaction score
So, I just tried all of them and they sounded really great but I'm really having a hard time choosing which one to get first. I know I'll probably end up buying them all in the near future but right now I can only buy one. My currently favorite so far is the Eclipse then by the Ibanez. I just put in the 7-string Horizon because it'll be my first 7-stringer. I play mainly Metal-Rock Lead solos Intrumentals/Arranges. Any comment or suggestions will be gladly appreciated.

Attachments

• Eclipse-II_VB.jpg
    Eclipse-II_VB.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 17
  • mhnt7-d86f985d01a1b727333841a31bfe500b.jpg
    mhnt7-d86f985d01a1b727333841a31bfe500b.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 14
  • RGA321F_SPB.gif
    RGA321F_SPB.gif
    84 KB · Views: 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Valtiel

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I plan on buying a new 7 string in a few weeks and would like some advice. I'm left-handed, so my buying options are extremely limited. I've narrowed down my choices between an Agile Interceptor 727 and an Agile Hawker 727, but don't know which is likely to suit me more. I was hoping the people here who have experience with these two guitars could help me out.

My main concern is the neck. Previously, I have owned two guitars. I had an Ibanez RG7321 (a normal, right-handed model; I had a brief stint where I tried learning to play "upside down"... it didn't work out too well). The guitar overall was okay, but I LOVED the neck.

My second guitar was a lefty Schecter Omen Extreme 7. I didn't like the neck on that one so much. My hands aren't all that big, and the neck made it uncomfortable to play, especially compared to the Ibanez.

I know that isn't a lot of information to go off of, but given what I told you are there any suggestions on which Agile I should go with? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm eager to get back into playing again, but I don't want to buy a guitar I'm not going to like.

Thanks!

Links:

Interceptor -
Agile Interceptor 727 RN CP Black Flame Left Handed - RondoMusic.com

Hawker -
Agile Hawker 727 Black Flame Left - RondoMusic.com

oversteve

Reaction score
if you want a slim neck go for lefty Schecter Blackjack SLS, they are awesome, can't say anything about Agile though

Valtiel

Reaction score
if you want a slim neck go for lefty Schecter Blackjack SLS, they are awesome, can't say anything about Agile though

The Blackjacks look awesome but they're out of my price range unfortunately. I can spend like $500 max. That's why I was drawn to the Agiles. Thanks though, I'll definitely keep the Blackjack in mind for the future.

You know, I wouldn't be in this dilemma if Ibanez made more than three of the damn lefty RG7321s. Or if I didn't need to spend all my money on college books back when they came out.

jonesjane

Reaction score
our a couple of wish instruments. I merely enjoy the actual K7rb, and also I love it, the actual mid gain decide on ups are excellent for several stules, and also if you want additional gain... squeeze in a material your pedal. the actual neck of the guitar is awesome, plus the conclude.... nom nom, the actual globule joining plus the glint violet, just like it. the much like the dull additional.

oversteve

Reaction score

Deborah

Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a guitar for my son. He wants to learn how to play the instrument. Any suggestions on what type of guitar I should buy?

ReznoERG

Tickle my pickle PLZ
Reaction score
Ibanez RG1527M or Ibanez RG2027X or EBMM JP7?

The chances of me finding the Ibby's are really low but I'm trying to save my money right now anyways.

youphie

Reaction score
I'm trying to remotely choose either Ibanez RGD 2127FX or PRS SE Custom 24 7.

I'm sure they're both decent quality instruments, and sound good (maybe PRS has more of its own character). Ibanez is definitely better for lower tunings (which I prefer to play in) than PRS, but what I'm concerned of is the comfortability of playing, i.e.:

1. Which one is heavier? Manufacturers don't specify this information on their website, so if anyone owns one, can you please tell the weight?

2. Is the neck of Ibanez heavier than its body? Additional load on the left hand can become a real problem.

3. Is it comfortable to play PRS in the last frets area? It looks very thick in the photos on their website.

Anyone who will have replied, thank you in advance.

night-walker

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Looking to grab my first 7-string and could use some help from more experienced players. The options are all second handed:
- Ibañez RG7620 with emg 707tw (bridge) and emg-707 (neck), good condition- 550 € (760 $)
- Ibañez RGIR27fe (mint condition) - 400 € (550 $)
- Ibañez APEX2 (mint condition) - 450 € (620 $)
- Schecter Damien elite 7 fr (mint condition) - 400 € (550 $)

I will be playing a lot of melodic death metal, trash and progressive stuff. Besides tone considerations, my concern is the size of the neck and the overall guitar weight, i want to be confortable while playing (as anyone else). I have an average hand size (literally average, i checked the statistics:) ). Keep in mind that in general the guitars are more expensive in Europe than in the U.S, specially the Schecters!

After these considerations, Which one do you think is THE option for me? On the other hand, which one would you grab?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your replies since 7-strings is a new world for me!! \m/
PS: english is not my native language so i hope i´m exposing this clearly

powerofze

Murse
Reaction score
Is there a build quality difference between LTD Deluxe guitars and their standard (something like a MH-350 vs MH-1000)? How does the build quality of LTD Deluxe compare with Ibanez Premiums?

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Is there a build quality difference between LTD Deluxe guitars and their standard (something like a MH-350 vs MH-1000)? How does the build quality of LTD Deluxe compare with Ibanez Premiums?

Yes. Build, wood, and component quality all go up by number range. MH 350 is the step before the Deluxe series. The hardware is a considerable step up between the two, but the 350-500 series are workhorse guitars that will get the job done. The only downside to the deluxe series is an excessive use of abalone.
But they're not even made in the same factories. The lower end LTDs are made in China (as of a few years ago) and the Deluxe are made in Korea. Previously they were all made in Korea, then the lower end went to Indonesia and then to China. The Chinese guitars aren't horrible, but QC goes down. If you get an older Korean 350-500 series, it could beat out a current Deluxe. Early 2000s LTDs have amazing necks/fretboards/fretwork for the price point.
Current Ibanez Premiums are made in Indonesia. They are a bit spotty. I've seen most of them as really solid guitars, but there have been some that I didn't mesh with at all.

Almost universally I suggest getting used guitars over new because innovation has gone up, but build quality has gone down at the same price point. I'd take a used MIJ RG 550 over a new Premium any day. Or a used MH 400 over a new MH 1000.

powerofze

Murse
Reaction score
Yes. Build, wood, and component quality all go up by number range. MH 350 is the step before the Deluxe series. The hardware is a considerable step up between the two, but the 350-500 series are workhorse guitars that will get the job done. The only downside to the deluxe series is an excessive use of abalone.
But they're not even made in the same factories. The lower end LTDs are made in China (as of a few years ago) and the Deluxe are made in Korea. Previously they were all made in Korea, then the lower end went to Indonesia and then to China. The Chinese guitars aren't horrible, but QC goes down. If you get an older Korean 350-500 series, it could beat out a current Deluxe. Early 2000s LTDs have amazing necks/fretboards/fretwork for the price point.
Current Ibanez Premiums are made in Indonesia. They are a bit spotty. I've seen most of them as really solid guitars, but there have been some that I didn't mesh with at all.

Almost universally I suggest getting used guitars over new because innovation has gone up, but build quality has gone down at the same price point. I'd take a used MIJ RG 550 over a new Premium any day. Or a used MH 400 over a new MH 1000.
Hey man, thanks for the detailed reply. I too am an advocate for older MIJ Ibbys (I have a couple). I just wanted to know how the build quality of LTD deluxe compared with premiums considering they are both non japan. I did not know about the whole different factory business though between the non-deluxe and deluxe nor did I know about the older ones being better quality. Do you by chance know what year they moved stuff to indo/china? ps. I'm pretty much exclusively looking for used anyways

cooltouch

Reaction score
Oh Gawd, the story of my life. I've been away from these forums for the better part of a year, I guess, and I don't recall seeing this thread before.

Anyway, do I have to choose two or three only? Does it have to be Ibanez only?

I tell ya what, I'll do what I want, but I'll mention the Ibanezes first.

Ibanez RG-8 plain-jane $400 8-string. I've played on one of these and I like it. Jackson makes a similar model that I have not tried out yet, which sells for the same amount, and I suspect is a better instrument. It has a longer scale, which means the low strings will sound better but it also means you'll be stretching your hands further to play chords etc., and it has humbuckers. I dunno if those pickups in the RG-8 are humbuckers or not, but they sure sound like single coils.

1977 Ibanez 2455NT: a big hollowbody jazz guitar, looks like an ES-175 with gold hardware -- triple binding everywhere and block inlays on the ebony fingerboard. Spruce archtop with curly maple back and sides, Florentine cutaway. A magnificent guitar that I sold in a moment of weakness and which I wish I never had now.

Ibanez Ragtime Special -- solid top model. Built during the early 1980s, and one of the best fingerstyle steel-string guitars ever, imo.

Ibanez Artcore Expressionist AFJ957 7-String -- I was gonna mention the AG95, which I really like a lot, until I spotted this hottie at musiciansfriend. A big jazz hollowbody 7-string! One of the reviewers posted a YouTube link to him playing his, and I gotta say it sure sounds nice -- especially when he hits that bottom string. I guess he has it tuned to a low B.

Gibson Les Paul Custom -- preferably black, year models anywhere from the 1980s to present, not too picky in that regard as long as it has jumbo frets.

Fender Telecaster -- again not too picky on the year model, where it was made, finish, etc. All I want is for it to have a rosewood fingerboard and the stock single-coil pickups.

Calcaris

Reaction score
Stuck between two lag guitars. Both are exactly same price and I can't really get much else as good within this budget. Oh and they're real hard to come by.

Arkane 100 Matt Design 2007 Model - new off amazon guitar in deep purple matte finish. Pretty entry level and basic, yet still sexy. Standard pickups.

Arkane A200 ST Black Shadow 2010 Model second hand, one tier up from this guitar. Features EMG Pickups + coil splitting, Jumbo Frets.

I'm going to need to set up either one plus in a good few months I'm going to get myself a set of BKP Juggernauts.

This means I'm having a hard time deciding which one I should get, but whichever I choose I'm sure I won't regret since my guitar I'm currently selling is a pile of crap.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I'm trying to remotely choose either Ibanez RGD 2127FX or PRS SE Custom 24 7.

I'm sure they're both decent quality instruments, and sound good (maybe PRS has more of its own character). Ibanez is definitely better for lower tunings (which I prefer to play in) than PRS, but what I'm concerned of is the comfortability of playing, i.e.:

1. Which one is heavier? Manufacturers don't specify this information on their website, so if anyone owns one, can you please tell the weight?

2. Is the neck of Ibanez heavier than its body? Additional load on the left hand can become a real problem.

3. Is it comfortable to play PRS in the last frets area? It looks very thick in the photos on their website.

Anyone who will have replied, thank you in advance.

The Ibanez RGD2127x is a better guitar no matter how you look at it! They are in significantly different prices ranges though. I like both guitars and I didn't notice any of the issues you raised in your questions but the Ibanez is certainly better. :yesway:

')