The Walking Dead: Season 4

• Thread starter iRaiseTheDead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Nobody watched the season premier? It wasn`t too good, lots of couples... meh

I liked the REALLY SUBTLE subplot with D'angelo being a recovering alcoholic, and when he thought about touching the bottle again God rained down zombies from above.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
I liked the REALLY SUBTLE subplot with D'angelo being a recovering alcoholic, and when he thought about touching the bottle again God rained down zombies from above.

He (Stookey) is in good company because Hershel is also a recovering alcoholic. If Stookey ever feels he needs to touch the bottle, hopefully Hershel will catch him in time and convince him not to. :nono:

wankerness

Reaction score
Hopefully, but my guess is he'll just die in short order with no character development cause he's black and on this show! It seems like 4 living black people is way too many for this show given their history, and Tyrese seems more likely to be in it for the long term. Maybe they'll surprise us for once, though. He's a pretty recognizable actor so I'd hate to think they'd waste him like they did with T-Dawg and 2-Dawg and 3-Dawg.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
the first 2 episodes have been pretty good - lots of blood and guts! I am curious to see where they take this issue of people dying of a flu like sickness. it also looks like Rick is going to fall back into a commanding roll instead of being a farmer. I like the way things are shaping up so far!

wankerness

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just getting stupider in my old age, but this last episode of the show was actually pretty good. I'd say it was probably the best of the entire last three seasons in that it managed to have actual effective character moments for more than one person! :p The beginning and end were not the greatest but lots of good stuff in the middle there.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Sorry, I typed it wrong in my thread. There was no corpse of Lori. Just her blood on the floor and the bullet Carl used to shoot her.

Greg Nicotero on what happened to Lori's body...

"The idea is supposed to be the walker has dragged her around the corner of the boiler room. There's a blood trail that continues past the walker, at that point when it's sort of engorged itself -- as disgusting as it is. When you first see the walker you see its distended belly and we wanted it to give a little callback to Lori, even though we clearly know that Lori's not pregnant anymore. We added bits of hair in its mouth and hand when it reaches up towards Rick. We wanted to show that this thing had feasted on her, as horrible as it is".

I'm wondering how she will come back in season 4. Flashback scenes maybe? :scratch:

i said this earlier in season 2 and 3 all through out. the directors may give that explanation, but its rather lame and lacking any bases.

1) laurie may have been small, but she would have left some sort of trail behind. a hand, a ring, soemthing...anything! when rick stabbed that zombie, he found no evidence of lauri in its stomach. no bone no nothing.

2) the blood on the floor was where the torso would have been from the c-section. there was no blood spot towards the head where the kid 'shot' her

3) showing a bullet on the ground doesn't prove she's dead. they didn't show carl actually taking the shot. they just made her hear the shot.

4) early in the season we saw carrol doing a c-section on a walker. i highly doubt the show would have wasted that scene if it had no payback (still waiting on the payback...)

5) when carrol asked about lori, carl just looked to the ground, never admitting he shot her

6) carrol got lost half way through the first raid of the jail system. i think during this time, she found lori, stitched her up and walked away hoping she will come back to life.

7) lori did come back to life as either a walker or a human and got lost in the jail system and she should have come back at the end of season 3.

if she was lost in the jail system, she would have been found by no, but theres nothing. therefore i highly doubt she is walking as a walker nor as a human.

Rosal76

Reaction score
stooky is the kicker from the waterboy. random i know, but i had to share.

Good eyes. :yesway:

It came as a big surprise for me to find out that Pruitt Tayor Vince, who played Otis in Season 2, was also in Angel heart (1987). Very trivial, also. :cool:

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
Some of the scenes this season have been absolute garbage. In particular, anything with the new child actors. When the little girl tried to kill her own dad I was howling with laughter.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Some of the scenes this season have been absolute garbage. In particular, anything with the new child actors. When the little girl tried to kill her own dad I was howling with laughter.

I was as well, not the finest moment of acting for the walking dead XD

wankerness

Reaction score
stooky is the kicker from the waterboy. random i know, but i had to share.

Unfortunate that he may be better-known for that than for being the key character from the first season of one of the greatest tv shows ever :(

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
Hmm... I went from liking Tyrizzle for being a built looking dude... but too kind, to being confused to thinking he's a badass!

wankerness

Reaction score
No matter what he ends up doing on the show I'll always think he's great cause of how much I wanted him to succeed on "The Wire." I can't separate the actor from that character.

JTL

ss.org lurker
Reaction score
So far this season is pretty much garbage. We haven't had any real plot development since the end of the first/beginning of the second season. The mission was to get to the CDC and find out how to beat this. After they got to the farm it was alright but i feel like the show shifted focus to being more about the drama between the people. To me it seems like after the second or third episode of the second season, this show has NO DIRECTION. Then it was to the third season where the main mission was to distract the viewer with a grudge match with the governor. BORING.

After watching the first episode of this season i knew right away what we were in for. A whole season about this stupid "flu" and how they have to overcome it.

We went from watching a show with macro ideas to micro ideas.

Plus to producer is a woman. heh. figures.

wankerness

Reaction score
"to producer is a woman" indeed:nuts:

This season is better than the first three so far, not that that's a huge achievement. Then again, last season started out very strong.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Question guys:

The female zombie who had a bear trap caught on her leg that Carl was about to kill while Hershel was picking tea leaves and Hershel told him not to. Was that Clara from episode 1 (of season 4)? :scratch:

I know Rick didn't shoot her so I'm thinking she came back as a zombie.

JTL

ss.org lurker
Reaction score
You're really gonna go there? Really?

hahahaha yes i wanted to see what kind of reaction i would generate. I am merely jesting of course. She has worked on some of my favorite films. And sry for the typo at the end. I assure you I know how to type given the opportunity lol.

The show still sucks a fat one though. :mad:

Latest posts

')