The Walking Dead: Season 4

• Thread starter iRaiseTheDead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pink freud

Reaction score
That episode was quality. First one in a while that I've really enjoyed. I've finally come to terms with the fact that there's gonna be cheesiness in shows like this, so instead of nitpicking the cheese (buried walker, kid's dialogue, etc), I accepted it. Great show, can't wait to see what happens next.

At the end of the day you have to acknowledge that TWD is going to have zombie apocalypse tropes AND comic-book tropes. And I agree, learning to get past that impulse to roll your eyes is key to truly enjoying a show. I learned that lesson during the last episodes of season 4 of Breaking Bad (my thought was "C'mon, Gus just developed spidy-senses or something?).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Loved the episode!! I'm wondering if Tyrese will run unto Carol out on the road now that the prison is done for and how that would go. Also she trained those kids to protect themselves and they ended up saving Tyreses life in that episode which could be visited if they ever cross paths.

bigswifty

Reaction score
The mid-season finale did the comic counterpart justice.
Just as I had hoped too.. this was IMO the best episode since the first.

I hope the character writing improves a bit, so we see them develop as separate groups. I have no doubt that some of the survivors will reunite very quickly, but I hope we get at least a half season or two of some hard separation and different events.

Someone will run into Carol too, which is cool.
What an epic finale. My only gripe is how they leave all the best parts for the end! If only the pacing was just a bit better..

Muzakman

Reaction score
Mid-season finale! Finally something happens! How I've been waiting for some relief after all that build up! Sad episode though.. kind of made up for all the things that didn't happen this whole season.. can't wait for it to start again

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
No one's talking about the 2nd half?

So far it's been pretty cheesy, I kind of hate that these last two episodes have been basically hour long catchups with each character. I don't think much is going to get done over the next 6 episodes, but I hope I'm wrong.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
No one's talking about the 2nd half?

So far it's been pretty cheesy, I kind of hate that these last two episodes have been basically hour long catchups with each character. I don't think much is going to get done over the next 6 episodes, but I hope I'm wrong.

Thus you have my problem with this show. The pacing is horrendously slow and I still don't think they (the writers) know where exactly they're trying to get to.

Dekay82

I WANT the fret nibs
Reaction score
I'm a mod on a TWD site, and I have to say, been losing interest pretty rapidly. I love the comics, and even those seem to be losing steam...

wankerness

Reaction score
The baby's alive, this show has no balls. I'm done!

Muzakman

Reaction score
The baby's alive, this show has no balls. I'm done!

I felt such relief to see the baby alive, man I was crushed when they showed the child safety seat covered in blood. However, I must agree with the previous posts saying the show is very slow paced. It is very.. slow paced.. In that prison I just couldn't see where any of it was going... I love The Walking Dead nevertheless, even if it tests my patience sometimes..

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
I still enjoy watching this show. That being said, the writing for this show is so horribly uneven. There are some very strong moments in the show. Episodes like Clear and internment are evidence of that. Even the episode last night had some great moments (the pink room comes to mind.) However, for any strong moments there are a lot of moments that range from decent, to mediocre, to cringe worthy. That has to be my biggest gripe with the show. The quality is just so inconsistent.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
The episodes are so slowly paced and played out 80% of the time. I normally fast foward enough to turn 42 minutes into about 15 and never really feel lost. Honestly without some zombies I don't think I could watch another show that feels like a task more then anything else.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
geeezzz.. this episode was ....ing boring. It reminds me breaking bead on season 4. It must be some kind of AMC's goal: now and then made me waste 45 minutes of my life.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I honestly feel that a lot of people that watch it still do because even though the writing is poor and it shows at times. They pace it very slowly with commercial breaks all the ....ing time, and now they're hosting contests with code words that only show during the premiere inbetween certain breaks.

That and they time things so some kind of plot twist reveals itself constantly after commerical breaks so it keeps the audience viewing.

That being said, last night's episode was a strong 5. From a writer's standpoint, one of their strongest cards was Judith and they chose to reveal that she was alive far too soon. That was one of the biggest worries with the audience, people reading the comic knew what to expect if they went that route (which they didn't). But I would have saved Judith being alive or not for the later half of this "season".

That being said, I'm hoping that Lizzie is in fact the person who killed both Karen and David. The set up is far too perfect right now for that to happen, Lizzie is being shown as a full blown ....ing psychopath. Lizzie and her sister saved Tyresse, and now Carol meets up with that portion of the group with some obvious guilt.

I think Carol assisted in their murder, particularly in dragging the corpses out. But we'll see.

Rosal76

Reaction score
That being said, I'm hoping that Lizzie is in fact the person who killed both Karen and David. I think Carol assisted in their murder, particularly in dragging the corpses out. But we'll see.

Carol did kill Karen and David. In the episode "Isolation", Rick confronts/asks her (Carol) if she killed them and she said, "yes".

wankerness

Reaction score
Carol did kill Karen and David. In the episode "Isolation", Rick confronts/asks her (Carol) if she killed them and she said, "yes".

The general theory was that she was lying to protect the kids.

bigswifty

Reaction score
^ By some freakish mutation, not only are all living humans in TWD universe destined to reanimate upon death, but they are also strictly incapable of telling a lie. Oh the possibilities! :noplease:

mongey

Reaction score
I'm a long time fan and for the 1st time finding this 2nd half of the series a little weak

The great thing about the show for the 1st 3 series is no one felt safe. Now it seems like the main characters can't be touched. Yeah Hershal got killed but he should've died ages ago.

The core characters just feel too safe at the moment. Ah bad guys in the house with Rick. Sure he'll get away.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Dull and boring, we have only a few more left. And I still think nothing normal will happen until next season.

The writers need to take notes from the Walking Dead Interactive Game, the writing and pacing for that is incredible.

Latest posts

')