The Walking Dead: Season 4

• Thread starter iRaiseTheDead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
been kind of disappointed since the show came back - was cool that they introduced Abraham, Eugene and Rosalita but that's about it.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
Well I'd more enjoy the pacing and plot of the game. I could take or leave the characters. :lol:

Muzakman

Reaction score
The one who said that this show didn't have balls was seriously wrong.. yesterdays episode hit me right in the feels, man.. how sad and brutal wasn't that?

!!SPOILER BELOW!!

I'm happy Carol finally told the truth..

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I could tell what was going to happen pretty much at the start of the episode.

It was very Kirkman like with what they did and
Of Mice and Men. Ripped that straight from the ....ing book.

I'm starting to think I may be done with The Walking Dead's TV show after these last couple of episodes.

As happy as I am that Rosie and Abraham are around now, I just can't keep watching a show that's going to become this predictable.

pink freud

Reaction score
The pacing of yesterday's episode was fine. The first act set the tone, the second act introduced the problem and the third act resolved it. By pacing do you mean "not enough action scenes"?

This episode was probably one of the best in the series. It gave light to a lot of things that Lizzie said ("I didn't mean to shoot them in the head" brings on a whole new meaning), it showed geographical connection to other people (the smoke from the burnt shack) and it resolved some long plot threads. Sure, it might have been predictable, but sometimes the art is in the execution (no pun intended).

Muzakman

Reaction score
Two kids dead in one episode there's your balls. :yesway:

I hope I didn't sound mean, if so :wub:

That sure escalated quickly.. I had no idea that kid was such a psycho... I have a love/hate relationship with series that make me so moved/shocked etc. that I think about it most of my day.. The Walking Dead Game, the episode where you think the baby is dead, this episode, breaking bad, and of course dragon ball z ;) among other things..

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I really don't see how some of you didn't see that coming.

Also, if Judith lives, Carl needs to die, god damn it.

flint757

Reaction score
I haven't watched a single episode this season for that exact reason. Totally destroyed all interest for me after last season.

wankerness

Reaction score
Two kids dead in one episode there's your balls. :yesway:

I hope I didn't sound mean, if so :wub:

Nope, the Judith thing still trumps this bigtime, they killed two filler kids, one of whom had been set up as some sort of serial killer in training! At best they have tiny little grapenut balls! I'll think about watching this show again when the season's all over with if it somehow manages to improve greatly again. I saw a lot of complaints about last episode saying the kill-the-sister thing was too abrupt, unbelievable and silly instead of shocking in any way and that the previous couple were better cause at least they focused on Darryl.

I guess my other problem with this show has been that it's not good enough to justify the completely joyless tone of it. Even really dark shows like The Wire or Breaking Bad or True Detective or whatever still had plenty of comic relief, this has NONE, EVER! I think watching American Horror Story's second season really just accentuated how little enjoyment I ever got out of this show. That show is roughly comparable in quality but (its second season, at least) was a million times more fun to me since it just reveled in its grotesqueries and was loaded with "oh my god I can't believe they just went there" stuff. Its tongue was firmly in its cheek, or something.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
That's just Kirkman for you. There can be nothing nice, or happy, or joyful.

It gets stamped out almost immediately and in a big way.

He does things to alienate his audience for shits and giggles.

pink freud

Reaction score
I find it refreshing, in an odd way. It makes it seem for realistic.

wankerness

Reaction score
I find it refreshing, in an odd way. It makes it seem for realistic.

I don't mind it with movies, like some kind of comparable material like say Stake Land or 28 Weeks Later, but those are just 2 hour movies and thus it's much more tolerable.

pink freud

Reaction score
I don't mind it with movies, like some kind of comparable material like say Stake Land or 28 Weeks Later, but those are just 2 hour movies and thus it's much more tolerable.

Side note on 28 Days Later: when the dude goes crazy at the end kicking all the soldiers' asses, put on Yakety Sax. You'll never be able to take it seriously again.

Latest posts

')