The Walking Dead: Season 4

• Thread starter iRaiseTheDead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
this weeks was the best episode this season for sure.

had a bit of the old grit back of season past. hopefully it can finsih strong with the last 2 episodes

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Side note on 28 Days Later: when the dude goes crazy at the end kicking all the soldiers' asses, put on Yakety Sax. You'll never be able to take it seriously again.

I don't like 28 days later for some reason. I think as soon as the soldier rape plantation took over the plot I lost all interest. Thus I don't really remember what scene you're talking about :(

28 WEEKS later on the other hand impressed me quite a bit, though part of it was surprise that I liked it.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
What bothers me about the direction of the Walking Dead is how they're trying to make it a thought provoking show when it's not. It was a fun, zombie-slaying adventure with twists along the way and some drawn-out, boring episodes due to changes in their writing department. It was something fun and mindless to watch. We're talking about zombies; it's not meant to be a thinker.

As for season 4, I forgot the entire first half other than the Governor hitting golf balls off the roof of a trailer and then killing his old friend. The second half they dug deep and tried to make each episode like a mini movie. I'll admit, there were two, maybe, three episodes that stood out for the show but everything else is clearly filler to milk the Walking Dead craze. There's two episodes left of the season and all they've done in the second half is cycle through each of the groups twice with some pretty weak character development? Oh yea, don't forget to throw in an hour long talk show after to dissect every detail as if the content was even there.

If they stopped treating it as if it were Breaking Bad, I bet the show would have some substance again. Is it just me or have they been slacking on the effects, too? You'd think the zombies are made of dust at this point. Lots of stabbing zombies in the head but in the cleanest fashion possible.

RickSchneider

Reaction score
I think I'm just falling out with this show. I haven't really enjoyed an episode since the start of season 4 involving the governor. Maybe it's less of the fact that the show is delivering a subpar product, and more to the fact that the video game is giving me something which is so much more emotional and engaging

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Have you ever read the comic books, the material the show is based on is very thought provoking.

I haven't read the comics and I've heard the show tries and has strayed quite a bit from the comics, which is why they've had a lot of issues with previous writers. They're trying to break free of the comic to the point they're looking to do a spin off of the show so they don't have to follow the comics.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Have you ever read the comic books, the material the show is based on is very thought provoking.

Agree 100%. Some of the things that happen in the comic that didn't happen on the t.v. show is a little extreme. I was shocked/upset when I read what the Governor does to Michonne and Rick. And what happens to Carol. WTF, Carol??? :nuts:

pink freud

Reaction score
Agree 100%. Some of the things that happen in the comic that didn't happen on the t.v. show is a little extreme. I was shocked/upset when I read what the Governor does to Michonne and Rick. And what happens to Carol. WTF, Carol??? :nuts:

From what I understand Carol and Andrea have essentially switched character roles.

Rosal76

Reaction score
From what I understand Carol and Andrea have essentially switched character roles.

It could be. Walking Dead creator, Robert Kirkman, stated that the t.v. show will differ from the comic book because everyone who has read/kept up with the comic books, will already know what will happen on the t.v. show. One example, Andrea and Rick dating in the comic which obviously didn't happen on the t.v. show. :cool:

wankerness

Reaction score
I read the comics through the end of the governor/prison arc and it seemed considerably less intelligent than the show (which is saying something). It was the same crummy dialogue and plots just with even less character development and a bunch of really tasteless sexual stuff that was fortunately left off the show (ex, Andrea was banging Dale, the governor rapes Michonne a lot, etc). That said, it was a little bit less restrained when it came to crowd-pleasing stuff (
Judith sure didn't get fake-killed in the comics!)
. Where's the intellectual content you guys are talking about?

knagy0325

Reaction score
Well they totally screwed this season with dragging the governor into it and then wasting half of it on him, and now these episodes with only 2-3 characters are boring. Plus it doesn`t help that I started watching True detective that is very very good.:)

wankerness

Reaction score
I was glad they did that with the Governor because they'd so thoroughly screwed the pooch with everything related to him the previous season and went a long way to righting all those wrongs by just re-doing the prison siege.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
I could tell what was going to happen pretty much at the start of the episode.

It was very Kirkman like with what they did and
Of Mice and Men. Ripped that straight from the ....ing book.

I'm starting to think I may be done with The Walking Dead's TV show after these last couple of episodes.

As happy as I am that Rosie and Abraham are around now, I just can't keep watching a show that's going to become this predictable.

I agree, I honestly thought they'd totally steer off the comic books seeing as most impatient fans have gone out of their way and read all the issues now. Hoping they do something different with treminus now, maybe reference the video game a bit.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Still, if you had all that infrastructure wouldn't it be simpler just to farm and raise some pigs? Seems like a lot of work just to eat people, though I can't imagine what other purpose they'd have for capturing them...

Latest posts

')