The Wolf of Wall Street

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
I got really bored in the last third of the movie. I guess the first 2/3 was just too funny and too fast-paced and it couldn't sustain that fever pitch for the entire time and I wasn't interested in it when it went to goodfellas-type breakdown of empire and paranoia scenes. I'm fine with plenty of 3+ hour movies, so I don't feel like it was a problem with my attention span, I just didn't like the pacing. I would not rank this in the top 50% of Scorsese movies that I've seen, but it was certainly still good and it was sort of nice to see something so unhinged.

My parents were going to watch it cause a family friend is in a longterm relationship with one of the actresses in the movie, I hope I managed to talk them out of seeing it. I'm really glad I didn't watch it with them around.

The scene in the middle from when the quaaludes hit while Leo's on the phone to the resolution of the choking had me dying, definitely the best long comedy scene I've seen all year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
My parents were going to watch it cause a family friend is in a longterm relationship with one of the actresses in the movie, I hope I managed to talk them out of seeing it. I'm really glad I didn't watch it with them around.

You're telling me. I was sitting right next to my mom and step-dad during the whole thing thinking, "How the .... do I react to all this without offending them?"

wankerness

Reaction score
I was laughing like a cretin at the discussion of how to avoid eye contact with a midget, I am sure they would have been horribly offended by it instead of realizing it's both funny AND making fun of the idiocy of those guys more than it's making fun of midgets. Also, all the sex stuff!

Rob Reiner was a riot, that intro scene of him angrily answering the phone was my favorite.

Reaction score
Leo was awesome, indeed, but I still think that it wasn't an Oscar-winning role. I know that many people say he deserves the award, and he does, indeed, but not for this movie. It's not about his performance - he did a great job - but his character is not so remarkable I think

')