The World Cup 2010 thread

Who will go home with the world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
So, what are your thoughts?

Overe here, pretty much no-one believes the team our coach assembled (is that the appropriate word?) will get somewhere. Sooooo many damn good players were left aside for turds that could be replaced by a scarecrow for better effect. Don't expect Brazil matches to be fun to watch :lol:

That said, I'm betting on Spain like pretty much everyone else; but also Argentina or Italy.

I don't know how has Argentina turned out to be, since Maradona has used a good hundred different players. If he didn't make a special effort to select only the worst like our coach did, they'll kick some serious ass. Regardless, they deserve more than just 2 titles IMO.

And then there's Italy, which always come up with a good team, specially when nobody's paying attention to them.

TBH, I haven't followed other squads' performances... I've no idea of how good are faring England, Netherlands, or Germany (except that Ballack's injured). What are your thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sentagoda

A serious man
Reaction score
Im hoping Holland. Playing great football and good players. I hope and think they will win. Other than that I think Spain would be in the top 3. I think Argentina will be the big team that fails this year.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
well look at the French team, half of them have never played international before, and i can't really say that many French club do well in the European competitions..should be fun!!!

Germany or Spain.....

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
:usa:

We might make it out of group play! All we have to do is get that opening loss to England out of the way, and then bring on Slovenia and Algeria. :lol:

EDIT: I just noticed that the runner up of group C (likely USA) plays the winner of group D (likely Germany). Oh well, it will be nice to get to the knockout stage at least.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Well, US did get to the finals in the Confederations Cup, and it was a pain in the ass to beat you :lol:. I wouldn't be surprised if US made into quarter finals or something this time :)

Sebastian

Reaction score
Go England ! I really look forward to this years World Cup... South Africa - that should be a good tournament :yesway:

Opeth666

Reaction score
I think its funny how Guiseppe (spelling?) Rossi has a dual nationality and decided to play for Italy instead of the US and then doesn't even get picked for the 23 man roster hahaha he would have definately had a position on the US roster.

I know Italy is a great team and has won previous world cups but if it was me Id be interested in playing for the under dog and helping them towards winning a world cup, and if that happens then it would be the ultimate achievement for me. and now he gets to watch the WC from the comfort of his couch haha

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
It must be fun not to be beaten by France in World Cups :lol:

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
I hope the "best" English players get crippled ... Sorry, but I am Scottish :-D

Speaking of which... Why is it that Scotland play great against the good teams... and lose to teams like Latvia, and Estonia?! :-/
Nevermind...we have never made it past the first round lmao

I'm rooting for everyone except England! (They keep reminding us all of 1966, we don't need them to be further-more arrogant...)

Opeth666

Reaction score
South Africa played very well for being the worst ranked team in the WC, they have shown they are no slouche and honestly I think they played alot better than Mexico...the Mexican Coach is an idiot why did he not start Hernandez, Guardado, and Ochoa their best goalkeeper? Perez is awful. really wanted SA to win. but still a tie for SA is a win for them.

I see Uruguay 2-0 over France even though I like France more they just have too many injuries and are not a very youthful team anymore.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I don't think Uruguay is that hot either... I'd bet on a draw.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think its funny how Guiseppe (spelling?) Rossi has a dual nationality and decided to play for Italy instead of the US and then doesn't even get picked for the 23 man roster hahaha he would have definately had a position on the US roster.

That cracked me the fuck up. :lol:

')