The World Cup 2010 thread

Who will go home with the world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sebastian

Reaction score
Great Game. The best game so far in the 2010 World Cup.

1st half - Germany better at the beginning, England better at the end - Thanks to the ref England got robbed and it's 2-1 for Germany.
2nd half - England better at the beginning, Germany better at the end.

The game could be totally different if it would be 2-2 like it should to be, still a good fast game, with a lot of goal - that's the way it should be !

I bet after this world cup there will be rules about goal/replays in dispute moments...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I bet after this world cup there will be rules about goal/replays in dispute moments...

Nah, it's not the first time that happened. Unfortunately, FIFA holds a deep grudge against technology for some reason :shrug:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Nah, it's not the first time that happened. Unfortunately, FIFA holds a deep grudge against technology for some reason :shrug:

Gary Linekar said FIFA had released a statement saying they had considered it, but it was 'too expensive'. Fucking bullshit. Dock the salary on one footballer and you could probably pay for dozens or cameras, just like the ones ALREADY in the goals. :noplease: Massive fail.

Ironberry

Reaction score
Wow, two bullshit failures by refs involving goals today. The reffing squad is absolutely piss poor this year. Also, did anyone watching in America see the Argentina player slap the camera?

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
FIFA are obviously going by the rule that the first decision is the decision kept, even if that decision is wrong. Horrible refereeing.

Jogeta

Reaction score
Really enjoyed the England vs Germany game today! I don't really mind that we lost, because Germanys forwards brought the pain in a big way \m/

About Lampard's goal.... I kind of agree with FIFA on this one. If everything was technology based, then the game would lose a part of it's soul. A compromise would seem to be the best way to roll surely? There would still need to be referees either way!

Then again it is just a game! Spending heaps money to ultimately nitpick and endlessly second guess every decision seems kind of stupid and fun draining to me. But then again so does the fact that footballers get paid more than people in the armed services!

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Just watching the England players being interviewed on TV...

Really, really humble.

No complaints, no excuses, they are being honest about what happened and are looking to the future. They admitted Germany were better and admitted they had no excuses.

Great sportsmanship :yesway:

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Wow, two bullshit failures by refs involving goals today. The reffing squad is absolutely piss poor this year. Also, did anyone watching in America see the Argentina player slap the camera?

I did :lol:

The cameraman accidentaly hit him before that while he was celebrating haha

Duraesu

Reaction score
About Lampard's goal.... I kind of agree with FIFA on this one. If everything was technology based, then the game would lose a part of it's soul.

how can you agree with such mafia with blatter and platini as the godfathers of football?

its not about losing soul, because the soul of football is not in bad referee calls, they are in the shame wall of football.

we live in the 21st century people, technology does exist and FIFA should stop being close minded and start using it to perfect the game, making it more fair to everyone! some referees have outrageous calls that ruins the game and affects the score in a bigger way that people think. And the solution is not that complex, all its needed is a tv, a referee watching it and wireless communication. Is that expensive? for what FIFA earns every year, its like buying peanuts. Believe me.

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
Finally! A match to be decided by penalties! :-D

I really hope tonights game is a good one! It really should be.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone can win now - I thought Paraguay would have sealed the deal but now Japan can win as well.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why would Japan put in a defender to take their penalty kick??? GG Paraguay

Murmel

Reaction score
Ahhh! Helvetes jävla skit fan!!!! :wallbash:

Japan... I had my hopes up, better luck in 4 years I guess...
They did play an amazing tournament though, too bad the penalty kicks didn't go too well...

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
^ too bad =(

Also, if Cristiano Ronaldo thought of himself as something lesser than a god, perhaps he could have done something useful. He shot every free kick to the goal, no matter the distance or angle. Come on.

Latest posts

')